SSVS AES Fatality issue - no word from SNKP?

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
7/20/04
Samurai Shodown V Special home carts (English & Japanese version) are currently on hold pending a decision from SNK Playmore on how to solve the censorship issue concerning the missing fatalities. A resolution should be available within a few days.

It's been more than a week. The more time passes, the less likely something good is going to come out of this..

Any thoughts?

Curt

apostate
We've heard word about possible bug fixes, for customers in Japan... but nothing yet for the rest of us...

I'm sure *official* word on this issue will come soon.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
As for the Japanese market, SNKP is accepting back carts since July 23.

According to an official press release, SNKP is going to fix the glitches in the game, PLUS reintegrating the Zetsumei Ougi (fatalities), while general Level3 violence (splitting opponent's body into 2, etc) will NOT be re-implemented.

Many wonder if the Zetsumei Ougi themselves will be present in uncesored or altered form.

Also, it's seem SNKP is as well recalling copies from stores and distributors across Japan.

G.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Shito said:
According to an official press release, SNKP is going to fix the glitches in the game, PLUS reintegrating the Zetsumei Ougi (fatalities), while general Level3 violence (splitting opponent's body into 2, etc) will NOT be re-implemented.

This is what I find the most puzzling. Since many of the fatalities involve splitting an opponent's body in half, just what exactly are they removing? It seems as though removing one would necessitate removing the other.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
galfordo said:
This is what I find the most puzzling. Since many of the fatalities involve splitting an opponent's body in half, just what exactly are they removing? It seems as though removing one would necessitate removing the other.

They will probably have it so that the body doesn't split. Of course Basara's and Mizuki's decaps will be modified so that heads won't come off, instead, the whole body (intact) will just fall. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Kusaregedo's cannibalistic fatality...maybe he'll just spit the whole body out. Rasetsumaru's will definitely have to get toned down. He'll probably grab for the heart but will pull out a white heart? with white blood? Suija will just have a rain shower instead of a blood shower. Who knows how much butchering Playmore will do.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Ralf501 said:
They will probably have it so that the body doesn't split. Of course Basara's and Mizuki's decaps will be modified so that heads won't come off, instead, the whole body (intact) will just fall. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Kusaregedo's cannibalistic fatality...maybe he'll just spit the whole body out. Rasetsumaru's will definitely have to get toned down. He'll probably grab for the heart but will pull out a white heart? with white blood? Suija will just have a rain shower instead of a blood shower. Who knows how much butchering Playmore will do.

I'm pretty sure that, because of Playmores twisted, fucked-up mind, the body cuttings will be altered, but the heart ripping, cannibalism and blood shower will be left the way they were. Simply because nobody's ripped out a heart in Japan in recent times.

But Shawn REALLY needs to start telling the people what's happening. If he hasn't heard anything, he should tell that. If even his first email has been left unanswered, he should tell that.

I think many people (including me) who bought the game are now thinking of getting a refund, but are being polite and not bombarding Shawn with stupid emails about it. I just hope that polite waiting won't reduce my chances of getting a refund. Again, Shawn should draw some guidelines. Like: "Wait till SNKPs word" or "You bought it, you deal with it".

omnedon

Astra Superstar
I think many people (including me) who bought the game are now thinking of getting a refund, but are being polite and not bombarding Shawn with stupid emails about it. I just hope that polite waiting won't reduce my chances of getting a refund.

I'm with you.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Ralf501 said:

LOL, good points . . . for a sad situation. SNK Playmore is so out of touch with their fanbase, it isn't even funny. :oh_no:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
finngamer said:
But Shawn REALLY needs to start telling the people what's happening. If he hasn't heard anything, he should tell that. If even his first email has been left unanswered, he should tell that.

I think many people (including me) who bought the game are now thinking of getting a refund, but are being polite and not bombarding Shawn with stupid emails about it. I just hope that polite waiting won't reduce my chances of getting a refund. Again, Shawn should draw some guidelines. Like: "Wait till SNKPs word" or "You bought it, you deal with it".

Shawn wasn't aware of the fatalities not being in the game,
in the first place. Stop accusing him for any shit, because
it's ridiculous, PLaymore are the only pussy fucks to blame. :shame:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Ralf501 said:

If they're gonna pull some bullshit like that, then I really don't even think that it's worth the trouble. Putting edited fatalities back into a game is utterly ridiculous.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
xtoo_short20x said:
Shawn wasn't aware of the fatalities not being in the game,
in the first place. Stop accusing him for any shit, because
it's ridiculous, PLaymore are the only pussy fucks to blame. :shame:

I'm not accusing of anything. But he simply must start giving info. Even if it's that there's no info to give.

But since the game has bugs and the fatalities were falsely advertised, people have a right to return it to their origin of purchase. The NeoStore in this case. Then it's up to Shawn to return them to/fix them at Playmore.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
chimpmeister said:
SNK Playmore is so out of touch with the times, it isn't even funny. :oh_no:

Fixed. ;)
see, playmore is living in the nineties. unfortunately they know what we want (to a degree) but don't give 2 shits.

As far as this recall goes: recalling ALL of the home carts (all regions) is the ONLY way to go about it. no if's, and's or but's. No company in thier outright mind recalls a product that is defective and says, "well, were only taking back those items from region X just cause we feel like it".
on the other half of the spectrum this thing about a half assed fix to the bugs and violence level is also pretty pathetic. P's paranoya strikes a blow once again. any improvements are good improvements but honestlt, there is no excuse for anything but a full fix (ALL bugs eliminated and FULL violence).
Lastly, to any and all of you who purchased this game and want your cart fixed: GET UP OFF YOUR ASS AND SEND IT BACK TO THE NEOSTORE. the bottom line is: Shawn/neo store is THE sole official distributer of english home cartriges in the U.S. This makes him somewhat of an extension is P. I have worked in industries with the same set up's and all I can say is that this is fact. Some of the other replies such as "oh, this isn't Shawns fault, Why bother him" ae completely spineless and misleading. While this is NOT shawns fault and he knew nothing of the censorship/imperfections he is the U.S. rep for P when it comes to home carts. if this was any other purchase you made you would be running into the store you bought the item from, returning it and letteing them know how unhappy you were. allthe while it wouldn't be the stores fault but the manufacturers, but the store was simply in the line of fire so they recieved the hostility from the unhappy customer.
Bottom line is: The threads on the net have gotten playmores initial attention so stop the typing and send your cart back to Shawn. sitting on these things awaiting some resolution is some thing you should not be doing after buying a $400 game that is incomplete.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
sometimes Shawn is not allowed to comment on these subject.

plus, it's not his responsibilty to return the games to playmore, but he has been trying to help the customers. you should be thankful for that.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
plus, it's not his responsibilty to return the games to playmore, but he has been trying to help the customers. you should be thankful for that.

If Shawn wants to be the 'Official Distributor' in the US he'll have to be responsible for any errors/screwups that SNKP in Japan makes - that's just the truth.

In fact it's really odd how anyone could argue to the contrary.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
sometimes Shawn is not allowed to comment on these subject.

Thank you for giving me a perfect example to use in terms of a misguided view of this situation.

You are making this issue with Shawn FAR to personal. Shawn doesn't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on the release of a game to help you or any one else out. Shawn does it to make money because....*gasp*..he is a business man. Keeping the neo alive is a nice bonus.

oh, and while I am thankfull for shawns business, you telling me that I should be be thankfull for anything is complete bullshit. the neo store is a business, Shawn is a business man. I give shawn my money and he gives me a product of that value in return. Nothing more. The same thing goes for everyone else here.

Judging by what you have said it sounds like you don't know much about how one very simple model in overseas business works so here is a tidbit to show you what it's about:

When I worked at a company called tweeter home entertaiment group we carried a brand of speakers called "sonus faber" which was a high end speaker hand made in Vicenza, Italy. The thing was the company was small and did not want to create offices outside of thier country so they had a company by the name of Sumiko audio handle thier business in the U.S.
So sumiko did this for them as well as a hand full of other companies (Rell, pro-ject, viena accoustica, etc) That did not have foriegn offices set up. Sumiko would handle everything from promotion, distribution AND ANY AND ALL RETURNS/RECALLS. There was no reason for some one top send thier expensive sonus faber speakers (ranging from $1k to $40K a pair) over seas which risks damage and confuses the different branches.
This is just one example. there are many other smaller compamies that buddy up with other companies overseas and use them as thier foriegn representitives.

It is this model that corresponds DIRECTY to shawn and his store.
FACT: It IS his full responsibiblity to accept a TIMELY return on the (SS5S) carts bought FROM HIM (not from NCS, buyright, etc). This is especially due to the fact that P themselves released a corporate statement acknowledging, admitting and appologizing for the problem that they created.
If you would like to be one of the fools who thinks they should spend $25 for EMS shipping and risk sending your cart to an address given (for japanese residenses only) than be my guest the other people with half a brain and who value thier time and money should send thier cart back to shawn.

Last edited:

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
no news

Well said Orpheus,
I think everyone should post back their carts to neogeo.com..
neogeo.com is where I bought my cart from not playmore...
I think no news is bad news..neogeo.com must have contacts at playmore japan..
they must know some one there, they buy enough carts for f***s sake.....
I think some one is holding out so people eventually just lose interest....

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
finngamer said:
I'm not accusing of anything. But he simply must start giving info. Even if it's that there's no info to give.

But since the game has bugs and the fatalities were falsely advertised, people have a right to return it to their origin of purchase. The NeoStore in this case. Then it's up to Shawn to return them to/fix them at Playmore.

Yes you were accusing him. Read your post over and see.
How the fuck is someone going to give you information if there's none to give?
Unless you want someone to be lying to you, which is far worse.
Deal with it, for the future don't buy anything, and shut the fuck up.