Samurai Spirits Zero - PS2 - OUT.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Just wondering if anyone knows if the PS2 version got the same love that the AES version received of this title. The game is out (at least the rip is). So wondering if anyone has heard about the fatalities, etc.

Reason im asking about this as if it were SPECIAL is that I read that the special would be included in the ps2 version. (don't know for sure).

Last edited:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I'm hoping to get it soon, so if I do I'll post up some opinions. I really have my doubts that Special will be included though, but it would be nice if it was...

Kaz

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
not sure, but I think the two games will be released seperately in Japan, and as a bundle in the US.

I can be wrong.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
k'_127 said:
not sure, but I think the two games will be released seperately in Japan, and as a bundle in the US.

I can be wrong.

Yeah, that's the word on the street.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just got it. Box art is cool, the instruction manual cover and back is the same art as the Neogeo aes game box.

this is only sam sho 5

The graphics are intact, neo-geo style. The gameplay feels the same speed and overall (from only playing it 20 minutes) it feels damn good.

There are load times of about 5 seconds in between rounds (LAME AS HELL) but it gives you character art to look at.

Well... Im going to go play it more. Sorry this isn't very in depth, I only played it about 15 times in the arcade. So far it feels good.

Edit- Really skimpy on the extras. Arcade, Vs, Practice, Option, and score (lets you see the high score) In the options the only cool thing you can do is unlock some remixed music. I hope there are some extras, but the famitsu review said there wasn't.... oh well.

Last edited:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
Yeah, that's the word on the street.

well the stuff translated from last week about the zetsumei being put back into the aes, etc etc seemed to indicate that no other version of ssvs would be released (that is anything other than mvs and aes).

?

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
RBjakeSpecial said:
There are load times of about 5 seconds in between rounds (LAME AS HELL) but it gives you character art to look at.

Do you mean between rounds, like between round 1 and round 2 there is a 5 second load, or is that between different battles?

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
pick arcade mode (10 second load), after pick a character (6 second load) some story and then (8 second load) then into the match.

theres about a 8-9 second load between fights.

The loading times are really berable, but a little ridiculous on a ps2! sloppy programing

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
RBjakeSpecial said:
pick arcade mode (10 second load), after pick a character (6 second load) some story and then (8 second load) then into the match.

theres about a 8-9 second load between fights.

Plus the 5sec loading between rounds, right? :eye: :eye:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
OK Got ya...

That is really crazy, especially after the past few KOFs on the PS2 have no loading times that were noticable.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
RBjakeSpecial said:
In the options the only cool thing you can do is unlock some remixed music.

Remixed music?!?! In a NEW Playmore-era game! :eek:

Worth it right there :buttrock:

And what kind of charactr art is it?. Is it the same from the official site, new artwork, or just one thing that shows up every time?

And how are the controls? How are the buttons mapped, are there programmable hotkeys?

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Syxx573 said:
OK Got ya...

That is really crazy, especially after the past few KOFs on the PS2 have no loading times that were noticable.

I think it has something to do with the larger more detailed sprites which shows the PS2 still can't quite handle the Neo completely. Now an XBox port, would more than likely be able to handle it better with twice the RAM. I mean look at the PS2 and XBox MvC2 ports.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Cain Highwind said:
I think it has something to do with the larger more detailed sprites which shows the PS2 still can't quite handle the Neo completely. Now an XBox port, would more than likely be able to handle it better with twice the RAM. I mean look at the PS2 and XBox MvC2 ports.

C'mon, even the DC can handle that.
Sloppy programming for sure.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Cain Highwind said:
Remixed music?!?! In a NEW Playmore-era game! :eek:

Worth it right there :buttrock:

And what kind of charactr art is it?. Is it the same from the official site, new artwork, or just one thing that shows up every time?

And how are the controls? How are the buttons mapped, are there programmable hotkeys?

The arranged music sounds pretty natural and cool actually, just the normal music in stereo and beefed up with some synths.

You can map the buttons- weak, medium, strong, kick, special, rage explosion, kick & special, Fatal Flash. You can map those to any buttons. I have my stick set up like the neo, so I can play in the arcade if I get better!

I have no idea what kind of art is used, it looks really nice, theres a pic of the guy with the bone arm sticking out his tounge.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
If you have one try using HDloader. It should speed up loading times. When I copied kof2k/2k1 on the HD it got rid of what little loading times those games had.
KOF2k had remixed music as well for the port to PS2.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Mr.Nemoperson said:
If you have one try using HDloader. It should speed up loading times. When I copied kof2k/2k1 on the HD it got rid of what little loading times those games had.
KOF2k had remixed music as well for the port to PS2.

So the HD loader works for imports on an unmodded US PS2?

Thereverend

Banned
According to SNKNeogeo themselves it's heading to XBOX in the US no word on
a PS2 Domestic release

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Thereverend said:
According to SNKNeogeo themselves it's heading to XBOX in the US no word on
a PS2 Domestic release

Ben Herman said something about releasing SS5 in US, during the E3.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Verythrax said:
Ben Herman said something about releasing SS5 in US, during the E3.

Ben Herman also said Eiji and Rugal were in the PS2 Port of KOF2k1. I take everything that man promises with a huge grain of salt.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
So the HD loader works for imports on an unmodded US PS2?

No. At least I dont think so. But how can you play imports on an unmodded system?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
KagerouSama said:
Ben Herman also said Eiji and Rugal were in the PS2 Port of KOF2k1. I take everything that man promises with a huge grain of salt.

I never said that I believe him ;)

I was just pointing that affirmation "no word on a PS2 Domestic release" is wrong - there's a word, but I will not bet any money on this. :glee:

Thereverend

Banned
There was a Spong.com article with some SNK People saying they're more or less fed up with SCEA's shit.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Cain Highwind said:

Guilty Gear X and Guilty Gear XX turned out just fine on the PS2, as did Street Fighter 3.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
well the stuff translated from last week about the zetsumei being put back into the aes, etc etc seemed to indicate that no other version of ssvs would be released (that is anything other than mvs and aes).

?
Well, if there isn't a PS2 SS0S on the way, we'll never get a SS5 here in the US (for PS2), since everything now relies on there being 2-packs of everything...