calling all cab owners

phil_fish

n00b
i know some of you here on this board are proud owners of snk cabs.
and i envy you all. i want one too dammit. ive been walking around town (montreal) looking for old cabs, and someone willing to sell it to me. but thus far i found nothing. the only place i found with a MVS just would get rid of it. i asked at arcades where did THEY get their machines from, they refered me to a company called alouette amusement. i emailed them about my problem, asking them if by any chance they had some old unit they wanted to get rid of. i even called. but there again, no luck.

so this is my question. where did you lucky basterd get yours and how much did it cost you?

thanks.

phil.

gemen

Mickey's Coach
It depands on the condition.

AI sells JP candy cab on internet, from $450 to $1000, used to brand new condition, no mother board.

4 slots motherboard is about $180 to $200.

The shipping will be huge for the cab from US to Canada. I assume it will be above 300 bucks.

phil_fish

n00b
yeah thats why i try to find one around here. you know, just some bar owners who wants to get rid of his old machine for cheap. that would be ideal.

you got any URL for that cab-selling company you're talking about?

gemen

Mickey's Coach
Here is the ebay linky send an email to Jeff, he should be able to help you out.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hmmm..
Maybe you'll find something local to you on Ebay..or from a member here..
A Wanted post in the Wanted Section Here..
Are you willing to travel to the States to get one..?

I would suggest an Arcade Machine Auction...
But do they have Arcade Machine Auctions in Canada?...(I don't know)

Something like..
http://www.superauctions.com/dates.html

040726165033.jpg

I see Neo Geo.. :p

I don't know anything about this online Simulcast,I still have to read about it..

http://www.gameroommagazine.com/

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I bought my red off ebay, and my gold off a friend of mine, member of the boards.
Both of them are in near mint condition, and both are original snk cabs. :glee:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Just bought a New Capcom Impress form Jeff on ebay a couple of months back. It was in super good shape and he has some of the best, cheapest shipping around. I will be buying some more cabs from him in the future for sure, I'd highly recommend talking to him if you're interested in a Candy Cab.

gemen

Mickey's Coach
phil_fish said:
holy crap thats expensive, 230 shipping! US! but look at all those cabs in the background! thats a more recent model tho uh? are the old red stand up cabinets that expensive?

I believe the shipping will be even higher if it has to cross the border.

Big red is all the way :cool: It can be from 450 to 550 for the cab, no board. I will say you should look for local newspaper, buy&sell, yellowpage.

phil_fish

n00b
holy crap! i just found a 2-slot red cab for only 250$ CANADIAN with 2 games (i dunno which ones yet) 25km from here on a classified ads site.

i cant beleive it. emailed the guy, asked him to keep it for me. im so getting it.

2 weeks ago i had no idea what a neogeo MVS 2-slot cab was. now im getting one. FOR CHEAP!

i think im gonna cry.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
phil_fish said:
2 weeks ago i had no idea what a neogeo MVS 2-slot cab was. now im getting one. FOR CHEAP!

i think im gonna cry.

The fact that 2 weeks ago you had no idea what a neogeo mvs 2-slot cab was kinda makes me cry......

congratulations none the less.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
From an old thread:
DanAdamKOF said:
I knew the Jewish Community Center had a MVS cabinet (coverted, 19") just sitting there in the Teen Lounge. It needed its controls replaced, some cleaning, and the monitor needed a LOT of tweaking to get working again (I'm still surprised it looks as nice as it does without needing a cap kit). We (me and the manager of the Teen Lounge and its contents) agreed on $250 for it but it turned out the manager knew my Grandpa well and he let me have it for $200 (my original offer). It was a great day when it was delivered, my brother and I tried desperately to play it (we'd lift up the CP and press the micros with our fingers for 1P's joystick, cause it actually didn't have a stick), and finally a neighbor and friend of mine helped with it a bit and after a lot of work it works 100%.

gemen

Mickey's Coach
phil_fish said:
holy crap! i just found a 2-slot red cab for only 250$ CANADIAN with 2 games (i dunno which ones yet) 25km from here on a classified ads site.

i cant beleive it. emailed the guy, asked him to keep it for me. im so getting it.

i think im gonna cry.

25KM, less than 12 miles, go get it before its gone. Post some pics after you take it back. Have fun! 250 cnd, damn good deal, but make sure it's dedicate big red :smirk:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Well, I have had my cabinets for over two years now and love them! I purchased both of them from Jeff at Arcade Infinity and they were $300.00 each and the 4-slot motherboards were $175.00 each. Both cabinets had new monitors installed along with new power supplies. I paid total with shipping (LA to Fremont) was $1700.00 but that was for the cabinets, motherboards, Metal Slug 3, and all the KOF MVS games.

GAMEFAN

phil_fish

n00b
NOOO! he already sold it! its no suprise tho. it WAS a real big red cab. BUT. the man is a retired arcade owner. he was selling his collection of old machines. i called him and he told me he could maybe help me find one cheap with some of his old connections... im keeping my fingers crossed cuz dammit..it hurts to see a deal like go.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Gamefan said:
Well, I have had my cabinets for over two years now and love them! I purchased both of them from Jeff at Arcade Infinity and they were $300.00 each and the 4-slot motherboards were $175.00 each. Both cabinets had new monitors installed along with new power supplies. I paid total with shipping (LA to Fremont) was $1700.00 but that was for the cabinets, motherboards, Metal Slug 3, and all the KOF MVS games.

GAMEFAN

Is there a link to Arcade Infinity? I found one but says "Access Denied". I have a friend coming back home and he saw my candy cab and now wants one for himself.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
That is the place. They have some really nice cool cabinets. Might have to get another one.

GAMEFAN

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Got both of mine from the forums from this very site, in fact! The only way to go..

jLew

n00b
I waited a good 6 months or so for one to come up on ebay that was decently close to me...i ended up with a 1-slot dynamo cab in pretty good shape w/ stakes winner 2. The only caveat was that the monitor was kaput....board works 100% though...got the whole package for $135 after some prick sniped me on the bid...not a bad deal (you can certainly get a better deal if you look but i didn't feel like driving across 3 states or paying $300 for crating and shipping). So after I replace the monitor and apply all the other things I bought to fix it up (new decals, CPO, CPO plexi, t molding) it will have cost me $450 or so.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
I got my Candy cab from a member of the Digital Press com. He said he had the cabinet and 6 carts including MS2, but the 1 slot was gone. He said he paid $700 (including the 1 slot) 1 year earlier. But i knew i couldn't afford that much and he obviously couldn't ask that much since it had no motherboard. He never came out and advertised a price on it, so it kept moving off the first page. I.E. no interest from other members. I sent a PM that i was interested after about a week. I told him that since it had no board and that i'd probably have to drive down and pick it up, what kind of deal could he make me. He said on another site he had an offer of $500shipped, but if i could pick it up he sell the cab and the 6 games for $425.
DEAL!! I'm in Milwaukee and he was in St. Louis, about 13 hrs round trip + $100 in gas.

I still needed a motherboard and it was like the stars were aligned or something :spock: , fellow DP member Club Ninja posts that he has a 4-slot for sale. Only this board had no sound and he didn't want to fuss with it anymore. I figured i could try and trouble shoot it and the price was right too, $110shipped.

Before i got the board, i had taken out the speakers because i had ordered some brand new replacements from The Real Bob Roberts (i figured if i was gonna trouble shoot the sound i'd better start by replacing those old crappy paper cone speakers). The board showed, i plugged it in, the picture was gorgeous!! Then a week later the speakers showed up. I almost shat myself when i plugged them in and heard glorious SOUND :buttrock: !! There wasn't a damn thing wrong with that 4 slot!!! I did however have to change around a few of my cabs wires as it was wired for mono.

Recap:

29"Candy cab and 6 carts=$425
Pick-Up cost=$100
4-slot motherboard shipped=$110
2 new speakers=$15
--------------------------------------------------------
MVS GLORY=$650 :D

phil_fish

n00b
The Collector said:
I got my Candy cab from a member of the Digital Press com. He said he had the cabinet and 6 carts including MS2, but the 1 slot was gone. He said he paid $700 (including the 1 slot) 1 year earlier. But i knew i couldn't afford that much and he obviously couldn't ask that much since it had no motherboard. He never came out and advertised a price on it, so it kept moving off the first page. I.E. no interest from other members. I sent a PM that i was interested after about a week. I told him that since it had no board and that i'd probably have to drive down and pick it up, what kind of deal could he make me. He said on another site he had an offer of $500shipped, but if i could pick it up he sell the cab and the 6 games for $425.
DEAL!! I'm in Milwaukee and he was in St. Louis, about 13 hrs round trip + $100 in gas.

I still needed a motherboard and it was like the stars were aligned or something :spock: , fellow DP member Club Ninja posts that he has a 4-slot for sale. Only this board had no sound and he didn't want to fuss with it anymore. I figured i could try and trouble shoot it and the price was right too, $110shipped.

Before i got the board, i had taken out the speakers because i had ordered some brand new replacements from The Real Bob Roberts (i figured if i was gonna trouble shoot the sound i'd better start by replacing those old crappy paper cone speakers). The board showed, i plugged it in, the picture was gorgeous!! Then a week later the speakers showed up. I almost shat myself when i plugged them in and heard glorious SOUND :buttrock: !! There wasn't a damn thing wrong with that 4 slot!!! I did however have to change around a few of my cabs wires as it was wired for mono.

Recap:

29"Candy cab and 6 carts=$425
Pick-Up cost=$100
4-slot motherboard shipped=$110
2 new speakers=$15
--------------------------------------------------------
MVS GLORY=$650 :D

i cant beleive im realy getting into this. i guess thats the price to pay for quality arcade fighters. a life of console gaming realy didnt prepare me for this. «welcome to the next level» like sega would have said 10 years ago.

Furrikain

New Challenger
It doesn't have to be all that expensive to find a cab phil_fish, a lot of luck can help though :glee:

I actually got my 2-slot cab along with pop n bounce and puzzle bobble for 75$.
And to top it off the guy put it on eBay. Luckily he listed it as "arcade pop'n corn machine" and gave a phone number in the eBay ad :lol: . I figured i'd call anyway and as it turned out it was a 25" conversion cab (not a real Neo-Geo cab unfortunately). Had the guy send me some crappy webcam shots and i hopped in my uncle's van soon thereafter (the guy lived only an hour drive away). :smirk:

Not as sexy as a Big Red but the price sure was right.

A few hours and six buckets of black water later it looked somewhat presentable. That disgusting endeavor was followed by vaccuuming a few pounds of peanut shells and some unlucky fellow's set of long lost carkeys out of the bottom of the cab. After that i rewired the speakers, replaced some lightbulbs and made some SNK logo's to feed to the high res plotter in my dad's office.

Now it actually looks decent and the "restauration" only cost me a few bucks (lightbulbs and speakerwire).

Long story short: small country + computer retard trying to sell "popcorn" machines on eBay for a low price because it got stuck between the walls while trying to get it up his stairs = teh win :cool:

Here's a pic of the cab: clicky :)

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
A friend of mine gave me his dedicated 6 slot cab and 9 games........FOR FREE.

Mike