Otakon Neo-Geo room party

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Well after the impromptu(sp) SvC party last year I asked Tom about having a publicized one this year info as follows.

Where: Our hotel room in the Wyndham. It is in sight of the convention center. We'll try and post the room # as soon as we know it but it would be better if you PMed me and got my cell number.

When: Thursday night at 8:30pm with a possible part two late Saturday night.

What: I'm bringing a TV and my Neo. Phoenix is bringing his Neo and hopefully we can rig the hotel room TV to work with it. I will also be bringing beer but quantities may be limited. I encourage you to bring some as well.

Who: Anyone from NG.com that wants to come friends are welcome too I spose. I'm going to assume that Slerch666 and Phoenix Down will be there since they are staying in the room and all.

I expect to see all of you there.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure the Wyndham TVs are RF only. I have an RF adapter for my Neo but I've never been able to get it to work. I'll try to see if I can snag an additional TV in the event we have multiple Neos going.

I've got a decent amount of games so if you plan on showing up and are interested in a particular game LMK.

slerch666

updyke,
I'm not gonna be there. :D LOL

If I'm sleeping on the floor again, and any of you fools drink to much and puke on the floor, expect me to stop by your room and shit in your pillow cases. :D

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
I'm not gonna be there. :D LOL

If I'm sleeping on the floor again, and any of you fools drink to much and puke on the floor, expect me to stop by your room and shit in your pillow cases. :D

Of course you are going to be there and of course you are going to sleep on the floor. Know your freakin role.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Hell I'll drop on by with my friend, we wanted to go get a drink or two at one of the bars on Thursday night after we pre-regged. Let me know, I'll try to make it.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I will definitely be there, I want to bring my friend who just happens to be in town. He doesn't know much about the ways of the Neo. So it's byob? I'm thinking I will be drinking natural bohemian (cheap). :loco:

Can't wait, I'm gonna PM ya about your cell #

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
I will definitely be there, I want to bring my friend who just happens to be in town. He doesn't know much about the ways of the Neo. So it's byob? I'm thinking I will be drinking natural bohemian (cheap). :loco:

Can't wait, I'm gonna PM ya about your cell #

Responded to your PM before seeing this. Bringing your own beer would be cool. I'm gonna buy a cooler and put as much in it as I can. Since I'm bringing a 27 inch tv there is only so much I wanna carry.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
I'll bring my Dreamcas, a back up of CvS2 and my Arcade stick. I'll also bring along my controller in case no one has a spare arcade stick.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Man do I wish I could be there, but alas I have other plans Thursday night. It doesn't look like I'll be able to participate in Otakon Neo-Geo room party, Episode 1.

However, it is possible for Episode 2, though my participation all depends on when I'm singing Matrimelee. :) :) :)

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Well, I'm actually staying in the Wyndham with some friends from college, so I'll see what I can do about coming down. It depends on when I get to the end of the pre-reg line, though.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
johnroche said:
Well, I'm actually staying in the Wyndham with some friends from college, so I'll see what I can do about coming down. It depends on when I get to the end of the pre-reg line, though.

Many others have the same issue. I did not pre-reg so I will be in the room. I plan on staying up pretty late so don't feel bad about calling me at any time.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
As of right now, (9:10pm) I'm looking for my NGPC, anybody else with one bring theres and a link cable (I don't have one) I'd like to play MotM and Last Blade with other people insted of the computer.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I'm bringing a shitload of stuff (Neo, PS2, Dreamcast, laptop) so we should be set. Unfortunately I don't have a room number yet, although I should have one around 3 PM this afternoon.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
Hey Phoenix Down, were you the one who brought the NEO stuff to Mag fest this past year?

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
ToeJam said:
Hey Phoenix Down, were you the one who brought the NEO stuff to Mag fest this past year?

That would be me. :D

I'm planning to come again to MAGfest this year with my Neo stuff. I'm sure I'll be floating around the game room a lot this weekend.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Ok, FYI the room number is 1133 South Tower. We'll start around 8:30, and we may have another one Saturday.

SSS

neo retired
I wish I could join you guys, but I'm currently floating around somewhere near the equator. :mad:

Curt

apostate
I want to see pix of you nerds... I mean legends...

I would be there if I could...

Last edited:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
but you don't have money to spend on a plane ticket with the payments to be made on the princess sticks (tm)?

Curt

apostate
EvilWasabi said:
but you don't have money to spend on a plane ticket with the payments to be made on the princess sticks (tm)?

My girlfriends Birthday...This weekend...

I have thought about going to the Japan Neo Gathering... but maybe I should finally go to a bay area gathering first.... Hmmm...

Princess Stick... *sigh*