Gamespot mentions SSVS recall!!!

WOW! This is almost unprescendented... SNKP is really apologizing here. I'm psyched guys!!! Now, what to do with my US version..

If it means recalling the US Versions too, i'd be glad to exchange it for a JP version anyway... the artwork on the JP as we all know now is just too beautiful for words.

If Shawn decides to do something on the order of exchanging our preordered carts for fixed JP versions, I'd be not only very happy with Shawn, but with SNKP in general.

Samurai Shodown V Special recalled in Japan

SNK recalls the home console edition of its fighting game to fix bugs and fatality moves.
TOKYO--SNK Playmore is recalling the NeoGeo home console edition of Samurai Shodown V Special (known as Samurai Shodown Zero Special in Japan) after receiving customer reports that the game has a number of bugs. Most of the issues are reported in the practice mode and include such odd occurrences as abnormal damage rates and game hang-ups when certain attacks are executed. The company will begin accepting ROM cartridges of the fighting game starting today, and it will return the fixed games to consumers next month.

Along with the bug fixes, SNK will also bring back the fatality attacks in Samurai Shodown V Special that were present in the arcade but cut from the home edition. Hardcore NeoGeo fans who had always expected the home console edition to play exactly as the arcade original began protesting the omission, which they only discovered after purchasing the 41,790 yen ($379) cartridge.

"We deeply apologize that we could not meet up to our customers' expectations on our last game release for the NeoGeo," stated SNK in a press release. "We will continue to treasure the voices of our customers and do our best to satisfy our users. Thank you for your support."

By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot
POSTED: 07/23/04 03:52 PM PST

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
Electroman said:
WOW! This is almost unprescendented... SNKP is really apologizing here. I'm psyched guys!!! Now, what to do with my US version..

If it means recalling the US Versions too, i'd be glad to exchange it for a JP version anyway... the artwork on the JP as we all know now is just too beautiful for words.

If Shawn decides to do something on the order of exchanging our preordered carts for fixed JP versions, I'd be not only very happy with Shawn, but with SNKP in general.

Why should we have to exchange them for JAP versions.
They should ALL be taken back and returned to Japan.
Then the fixed carts should be sent back to us......Everyone.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yeah, I don't see any reason why we'd need to exchange them. It is the exact same cartridge, after all.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
I don't think we should get our hopes up. These are all translations of the press release. In one translation, it mentioned that the OverKill moves (zetsumei ougi) will be put back but the body cutting will be left out. So the game is still censored.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Im glad to hear they are coming through.

galfordo said:
Yeah, I don't see any reason why we'd need to exchange them. It is the exact same cartridge, after all.

:spock: Uh... who's team are you playing for again? :smirk: Or are you being sarcastic?

PLECO said:
Why should we have to exchange them for JAP versions.
They should ALL be taken back and returned to Japan.
Then the fixed carts should be sent back to us......Everyone.

We all know that is less economically feasable than simply a store do a return service after the fixed versions come aboard. And i'm sort of betting realistically that SNKP may only fix JP carts, as the majority of their customers are JP anyway. A cost-effective way of doing this is to take all the carts back, open them up and gut out the PCB's and then slap new PCB's inside. Its what many companies called a rework order. I see this shit all the time at work.

Remember, from their end, they may not be 'collectors', just a business out to do what they are supposed to do: make money and keep a consistant and loyal customer base.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Electroman said:
:spock: Uh... who's team are you playing for again? :smirk: Or are you being sarcastic?

Heh, that was my famous drunken style of posting. This is what I meant to say:

Yeah, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't fix and exchange them (the US carts). It is the exact same cartridge, after all.

Damned cheap ass vodka from the clubs. :oh_no:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
roninbuddha said:
the MVS cart is OK right?

That's the current thought - but it hasn't been verified by anyone who actually owns the cart.

galfordo said:
Heh, that was my famous drunken style of posting. This is what I meant to say:

Yeah, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't fix and exchange them (the US carts). It is the exact same cartridge, after all.

Damned cheap ass vodka from the clubs. :oh_no:

Good boy, I'm proud of you :multi_co:

Master(G)

n00b
I can't believe it! I never expected SNK-P to really give in... That's great news!:buttrock: I own the Japanese-AES-cart, so I am going to exchange it right away!

Thank you SNK-P, I deeply apologize having you called "Playwhore" :cool:

Master(G)

n00b
after such a statement, they'll fix it for sure... I did not order at neostore. I live in Europe, ordered directly in Japan... I am going to send it back to my dealer in Japan and he will take care of everything for me.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
I will reserve my celebrations for

a) a BIOS workaround

b) a TOTAL fix with NO CENSORING

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Master(G) said:
I can't believe it! I never expected SNK-P to really give in... That's great news!:buttrock: I own the Japanese-AES-cart, so I am going to exchange it right away!

Thank you SNK-P, I deeply apologize having you called "Playwhore" :cool:

Haven't you read the thread "Victoly?" in General Discussion? I wouldn't start deeply apologizing just yet.

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
Electroman said:

We all know that is less economically feasable than simply a store do a return service after the fixed versions come aboard. And i'm sort of betting realistically that SNKP may only fix JP carts, as the majority of their customers are JP anyway. A cost-effective way of doing this is to take all the carts back, open them up and gut out the PCB's and then slap new PCB's inside. Its what many companies called a rework order. I see this shit all the time at work.

Remember, from their end, they may not be 'collectors', just a business out to do what they are supposed to do: make money and keep a consistant and loyal customer base.

Okay so it all comes down to price.
How much $ per person should it take for us to send all our carts back to the "US distributer" and have them send all the carts back in bulk to get fixed.
Thats the Question.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
PLECO said:
Okay so it all comes down to price.
How much $ per person should it take for us to send all our carts back to the "US distributer" and have them send all the carts back in bulk to get fixed.
Thats the Question.

Well, ideally SNKP would pay for the international shipping, as it was their mistake to beging with - but honestly I've probably got a better chance of waking up tomorrow with Cameron Diaz lying next to me.

Anyway, I guess I'd be willing to foot the bill if it means having cart that's identical to the arcade. If I pay to ship it over there though, they better not put in some stupid half-fix or something.

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
Until I see something posted on Shawn's site, I'm not holding my breath.

When it comes to anything related to the Neo, other gaming sites and magazines are sketchy sources at best.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Motha' Fucking WOOT!

Today I was in Yokohama and I noticed that the local gameshop didn't have their 10 copies of SSVS in stock today that they had yesterday. I told the cashier congrats on selling out of their homecarts, but he then told me that they had sent them back to SNK to be updated with all the features of the arcade version!!?!!?! I was quite excited to hear this news first hand. I can't wait to go back to the store and buy myself an updated cart! I mean, I'd rather purchase a US version from Shawn, but if I hear no news from the neostore within 10 days, one of those suckas at the gameshop are mine! I'm truly excited my friends, truly.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Motha' Fucking WOOT!

Today I was in Yokohama and I noticed that the local gameshop didn't have their 10 copies of SSVS in stock today that they had yesterday. I told the cashier congrats on selling out of their homecarts, but he then told me that they had sent them back to SNK to be updated with all the features of the arcade version!!?!!?! I was quite excited to hear this news first hand. I can't wait to go back to the store and buy myself an updated cart! I mean, I'd rather purchase a US version from Shawn, but if I hear no news from the neostore within 10 days, one of those suckas at the gameshop are mine! I'm truly excited my friends, truly.

That's great news - I think Shawn is probably following suit and returning his stock too. I just wonder what will happen to all the carts that are out there right now. Seems like a mess .....

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
That's great news - I think Shawn is probably following suit and returning his stock too. I just wonder what will happen to all the carts that are out there right now. Seems like a mess .....

If there is a fix offered, I'd hope Shawn would take care of the ppl that pre-ordered even if shipping was at our expense.. Hopefully we hear something soon.

Droid