Who Owns The Rights To Ghost Lop Now Data East Have Gone?

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Just wanted to know with all the conversions of ghost lop going round, does anybody own the rights to it now that data east have gone bust & thus not really making it a boot? :confused:

buster_broon

The Rock,
realgameplay said:
data east have gone bust & thus not really making it a boot? :confused:

well i think it is a boot fella

every conversion floating around has been made using eproms - so its a boot

legality issues dont really come into this

only 1 which could have had the real rom chips was sold to the adol brothers i believe

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
buster_broon said:
well i think it is a boot fella

every conversion floating around has been made using eproms - so its a boot

legality issues dont really come into this

only 1 which could have had the real rom chips was sold to the adol brothers i believe

Well eproms don't make it a boot, since homebrew games could be made with eproms and such, the IP ownership makes it a boot.

And I believe HPMAN and Chamane have the original proto which is also just made of eproms.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
lithy said:
Well eproms don't make it a boot, since homebrew games could be made with eproms and such, the IP ownership makes it a boot.

And I believe HPMAN and Chamane have the original proto which is also just made of eproms.

Just was I thinking, EPROM’s can also be a good way of fixing last minute changes! :)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
lithy said:

I think buster was trying to make a difference between conversions made from an original MVS cart, and a cart made with burnt eproms out of nowhere. Of course there are no MVS carts of Ghostlop to sacrifice, that's why they are all boots.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
It is no big deal that copies of GhostLop are being made by the fans for the fans. I think that it is a great game and I think that everyone should own of copy of it. So be sure to go out and get an AES or MVS copy. I have been told that you can expect to pay around $400 for this newest release so be sure to save up your money. I hope that Last Odyssey will be released soon as well. There are enough prototypes out there to keep us going even though we have run out of new releases. Thanks for your time

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=902259&postcount=16

Word Mark GHOSTLOP
Goods and Services (ABANDONED) IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: hand-held video game machines, coin-operated arcade video game machines, video output game machine kits comprising game decals and printed circuit boards for use with arcade machines; video output game machine cartridge kits comprising game decals and printed circuit boards for use with arcade machines
(ABANDONED) IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: video game software, video game cartridges, video game diskettes, video game CD-ROMs, electronic interactive games for dedicated home video game machines and personal computers; video game printed circuit boards, video output game machines for use with television and computers

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 75196564
Filing Date November 12, 1996
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Published for Opposition May 12, 1998
Owner (APPLICANT) Data East Corporation KABUSHIKI KAISHA JAPAN 5-11-17 Oglkubo Suginamiku Tokyo 167 JAPAN
Attorney of Record SHELDON R MEYER
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Abandonment Date February 5, 1999

buster_broon

The Rock,
Makismo said:
I have been told that you can expect to pay around $400 for this newest release so be sure to save up your money.

:tickled: :lol: :lol: :lol:

always teh dr4m4

i paid 180usd before my cheeky wee discount

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
If you guys think Ghostlop is a fun and *teh* rare cart, You oughta get a load of DOMINO MAN! This is the newest MVS / AES craze hitting japan..
If you ain't a domino man, than YOU AIN"T SHIT!
Dominof.jpg

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Makismo said:
It is no big deal that copies of GhostLop are being made by the fans for the fans. I think that it is a great game and I think that everyone should own of copy of it. So be sure to go out and get an AES or MVS copy. I have been told that you can expect to pay around $400 for this newest release so be sure to save up your money. I hope that Last Odyssey will be released soon as well. There are enough prototypes out there to keep us going even though we have run out of new releases. Thanks for your time

$400 :lol:

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
So...... is 250 pounds a little too much for this title???? :confused:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
buster_broon said:
:tickled: :lol: :lol: :lol:

always teh dr4m4

i paid 180usd before my cheeky wee discount

Yeah I heard it costs $180 USD as well. That sounds fair enough to me. $400 is just totally insane. :lol:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Is it possible today to find this gem? How much costs if found?

Ghostlop? It's only ever been available in bootleg/reproduced forms, and it's quite readily available.

Expect to pay between $75 and $95 for a bootleg MVS cart.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's also included in some multicarts, like the 138-in-1.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Gahdamn I just saw some Domino Man run off from 2004, this is some heavy resurrection.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Gahdamn I just saw some Domino Man run off from 2004, this is some heavy resurrection.

What is your story old mate? You were here a long time ago then vanished for a decade and returned?

For some reasom i can't seem to find my old posts for back then, i was registered as Samachoonaman.

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
What is your story old mate? You were here a long time ago then vanished for a decade and returned?

For some reasom i can't seem to find my old posts for back then, i was registered as Samachoonaman.

Yeah, I blipped in and out throughout my 20's. Though I think I spent most of time here in old-old chat.