Odd Samurai Shodown MVS KIT

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I recently won a ebay auction form Telegames UK on ebay it was for a Samurai Shodown MVS kit .

I recived it and the kit was like new ...but it had some oddities ...

First off the Cart is BLACK ...not the usual clear that Samurai Shodown usually appears in .

Second it comes with 2 art sets one is in english and one is in french .

Lastly and most compelling is it absolutely has no serial numbers .

Everything looks absolutly legit the stickers dont look like copies .
Whats the deal here ....any answers ?

Here is a link to the auction ...
Thanks for looking

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=5104947811

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I believe that Samurai Shodown Kit is the euro version. As the euro ones dont have serial numbers on there kits. Now about the black cart...Ive never seen one myself so that it odd to me. Maybe in the UK they sold black mvs carts instead of clear mvs carts which was the sold in the US. I dont know...as Iam not sure. Anyways congrats on your buy!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
All kits that don't have serial numbers come in black cases, which I believe to be the Euro version of the kit, US kits have serial numbers and clear cases.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
All kits that don't have serial numbers come in black cases, which I believe to be the Euro version of the kit, US kits have serial numbers and clear cases.

I have been told by others that There really isnt a EURO version ....that europe japan and the usa all come from the same source .

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
I have a few older MVS kits like Top Players golf, Mutation Nation and Ninja Combat and they dont have ser # maybe it was one of the first runs of SS. Does it have the silver sticker on the side of the cart?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Retrogamer said:
I have been told by others that There really isnt a EURO version ....that europe japan and the usa all come from the same source .

What do you mean the same source.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
fatal fury fan #2 said:
a bit off topic but what are all the mvs carts colors

Green, Clear, White, Blue, and Black. :shame: Seriously tough, who would take the time to bootleg a Samurai Showdown cart?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Retrogamer said:

Well the fact that you have a French art set should be a dead giveaway that it is a Euro version.

or a French Canadian version...but that is doubtful.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I just got a complete kit from lithy with black cart, no serials, and I believe spanish art set (along with english). I also have a serial numbered kit at home (silver sticker) which I swear was black too. I'll check on it tonight.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I have had three Samurai Shodown 1 kits, two have had black carts and no serial and one had a clear cart and serial. All were sourced in Europe. My suspicion is that either the Euro version didn't have serials or there were two runs, one with and one without serials.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
But why wouldnt the euro versions have serials ?

and to answer lithys question about the same source ....

From the same factory .

George

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Retrogamer said:
But why wouldnt the euro versions have serials ?

and to answer lithys question about the same source ....

From the same factory .

George
They may well come from the same factory, but the different markets do get different stuff, different language art sets for one. It might they do a batch ear marked for Europe and then the next week one for the Americas, in between they might decide to serial them. Dunno. SNK don't behave as if they feel any requirement to be rational in most things.