Newbie MVS questions

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey, I'm a newbie and need some help.

There's a Neo Geo MVS for sale at a movie theatre near my house, running Metal Slug 2 and Aero Fighters 2. I forget how much they want for it. But I would absolutely love to purchase it, however, I know almost nothing about owning/maintaining an arcade machine. I love the idea of being able to change cartridges, but I have no idea if it's just a console style plug and play affair, or if I have to dig through wires and doors and etc etc. I'm also curious about the dimensions of these damn cabinets, neight more than anything. I'm going to see a movie tomorrow so I'll see if I can get more info on it.

So, if someone could give me a general overview of the system or a link to a FAQ, that'd be nice. (This forum needs an MVS FAQ at the top).

jLew

n00b
I bought an MVS about a month ago and I can tell you it's easy as cake (especially if yours works 100% and isn't a project machine like mine heh...). The games plug right in and out, and at least on my machine (a dynamo cabinet) they're easily accessible, just reach in and pop in/out the game and turn it back on.

I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to wiring and soldering and even I (with the help of board members of course) was able to turn my cabinet from mono to stereo with some simple wiring. The MVS is a joy to work with and is totally straightforward. get it if the price is reasonable!

Be warned - it's a money pit. I haven't even finished fixing my cab's monitor yet and i've already bought 6 MVS games off this board. Just got turf masters from ckchan :buttrock:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
SlickDizzy said:
Anyone know how tall the MVS cabinets tend to be?

The big reds are about 6 foot. If your limited with space a candy cab may be a better option