GameCritics.com Slug 3 Xbox Review

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Pretty decent review I thought. However, this guy seems to be gushing over MS3 ... yet he only give it an 8? Maybe he was afraid of what the mainstreamers would think if he gave it a higher score, I don't know. I guess the no continues thing is a little irritating to some people, but I'm actually glad it's that way. It makes me actually put some effort into learning the stages and actually getting good at the game.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
I got the game the day it came out. And I am STILL stuck on the final mission. I can understand where SNK/Playmore was trying to go, but seriously. The last mission could at least use "checkpoints" of some sort. I hope the MS4/5 double pack isn't like this (even though I'll buy it anyways).

Thereverend

Banned
SlickDizzy said:
I got the game the day it came out. And I am STILL stuck on the final mission. I can understand where SNK/Playmore was trying to go, but seriously. The last mission could at least use "checkpoints" of some sort. I hope the MS4/5 double pack isn't like this (even though I'll buy it anyways).

It needs save transfers that's what kills slug 3 I put my copy away not to play played for a long time.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Thereverend said:
It needs save transfers that's what kills slug 3 I put my copy away not to play played for a long time.

you need to save in an arcade game? you SUCK

Thereverend

Banned
Plisken said:
you need to save in an arcade game? you SUCK

They give you 4 credits to finish a Game and you start over when you continue?

What do you think? they made the game imfuckingpossible.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Thereverend said:

What do you think? they made the game imfuckingpossible.[/QUOTE

I can beat it no problem...

quixux

Crossed Swords Squire
galfordo said:
Pretty decent review I thought. However, this guy seems to be gushing over MS3 ... yet he only give it an 8? Maybe he was afraid of what the mainstreamers would think if he gave it a higher score, I don't know. I guess the no continues thing is a little irritating to some people, but I'm actually glad it's that way. It makes me actually put some effort into learning the stages and actually getting good at the game.

Agreed on that 100%! Finally someone who sees the good in the continue, lives system.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I like it too. However, I do worry about it if it is in 4 & 5, a little. I'll still get it, but given 4&5 are supposed to be that much harder than 3, I wonder.

I hope that if they still are doing the Live thing, that they have it split up into more specific rankings. The separation by continues idea wasn't bad for a start, but it would be nice if they have more *fixed conditions* brackets, for people to compete in.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Originally posted by The Reverend:

What do you think? they made the game imfuckingpossible.

Just practice a bit and stop being such a puss. :shame:

You might actually get better and stop complaining about the limited continuing. :annoyed:

Thereverend

Banned
oldschool said:
Just practice a bit and stop being such a puss. :shame:

You might actually get better and stop complaining about the limited continuing. :annoyed:

Any tips for Not dying in Mission 4?

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I don't know what kind of tips I could give you (if any). I'm not really good at explaining that stuff.

What path do you take in Mission 4? I can take the top path with all those fucking flying beasts and mostly clear the level on one credit. I believe the only times I've died near those guys was because I didn't jump far enough. :crying:
The bottom path isn't too hard athough sometimes I get a cheap death from one of those slugs. The zombie part is also pretty easy if you kill them right. I usually jump knife the zombies that lower down before they can even attack. And when the zombie dogs all attack I just bounce on their backs to avoid turning into a zombie myself, then I knife 'em.

Or are you having trouble with the boss? I can clear the boss easily now. I used to have trouble with the ghost beast type things but now I know the timing of their blast. I find the yellow and red laser avoiding easy.

It's kinda tough on the Xbox version because I've had to get really good using the SCII arcade stick. :envy:

Thereverend

Banned
oldschool said:
I don't know what kind of tips I could give you (if any). I'm not really good at explaining that stuff.

What path do you take in Mission 4? I can take the top path with all those fucking flying beasts and mostly clear the level on one credit. I believe the only times I've died near those guys was because I didn't jump far enough. :crying:
The bottom path isn't too hard athough sometimes I get a cheap death from one of those slugs. The zombie part is also pretty easy if you kill them right. I usually jump knife the zombies that lower down before they can even attack. And when the zombie dogs all attack I just bounce on their backs to avoid turning into a zombie myself, then I knife 'em.

Or are you having trouble with the boss? I can clear the boss easily now. I used to have trouble with the ghost beast type things but now I know the timing of their blast. I find the yellow and red laser avoiding easy.

It's kinda tough on the Xbox version because I've had to get really good using the SCII arcade stick. :envy:

I take the upper path. The Lower Path is too hard to not die.

I only got to the Boss once.

It's my tendancy to die in the begining of the level that hold me back the rest of it