What's this about?

In stock, but on hold:
Samurai Shodown V Special
English or Japanese AES $359

:spock:

Will these be going back for repair?

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
7/20/04 Samurai Shodown V Special home carts (English & Japanese version) are currently on hold pending a decision from SNK Playmore on how to solve the censorship issue concerning the missing fatalities. A resolution should be available within a few days.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
wow. great news. if they fix the problem, I will defently buy myself a copy.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
if they fix this that REALLY shows they care about the fans, especially since this is the final game, i think playmore would get a LOT of respect for this, and SS5Special would be the complete sendoff the neo needed.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
Wonder if other vendors will do the same? I bought mine from NCS, so I hope they send back their stock for the fixed version.

Does anyone know if Shawn supplies NCS? I thought he did.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
lemonflav said:
Wonder if other vendors will do the same? I bought mine from NCS, so I hope they send back their stock for the fixed version.

Does anyone know if Shawn supplies NCS? I thought he did.

He sure does. Wonder what will happen with the copies already sent out to customers.....

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Wow, this is really big actually... this release is going to cost SNKP a fortune! I hope they make good on it for you guys, I really do.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If this happens, I think it's more a case of Shawn going to bat for us, rather than goodwill towards the foreign market on Playmore's part. Hoping for the best...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
The SNKP Japanese site says you can start sending in your carts for repair this Friday (07/23). The impression I got was that they were only going to fix the sound.

If the US carts get the fatalities, and the Japanese carts only get the bugs fixed, then we're going to have two different sets of the same homecart.

Well, three sets if you consider the original 'unfixed' carts.

In that case, the hardcore collectors are going to go crazy trying to figure out which (and how many) carts to buy.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
He sure does. Wonder what will happen with the copies already sent out to customers.....

we get a big middle finger from Playmore...

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
if they decide to fix the censorship issue, then this is indeed big

I never thought I'd see the day

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
I have my jap copy of ss5s ready to send back to shawn if he can hook us up.

God I hope so ;)

Droid

Curt

apostate
Fantastic news...

Roker said it best "I never thought i'd live to see the day"

If Fatalities are fixed, my esteem of SNK-P will be higher than it's ever been.

Curt

apostate
Babel Fish(ed) Press Release from snkplaymore.co.jp

About the trouble of neo Geo software "samurai spirits zero special" for home

Customer everyone

2004 July 16th

Corporation SNK play moa
Outside mountain Tomokazu Chief Executive Officer

Usually, pulling you to raise, thank you truly. Well, trouble has occurred in part concerning the neo Geo software "samurai spirits zero special" for home of July 15th sale. We putting annoyance in the customer everyone, there is no excuse truly. We apologize deeply.
Therefore, it does to multiply the number of hands and is regret truly, but as mentioned below making correspond, to want to receive, because you know, we ask may.

Description
1. About the exchange of the software
You exchange with those which corrected at gratuitous trouble spot. At cash on arrival we ask sending to the below-mentioned address directly.

Sending former place
〒 664-0842 city Morimoto prefecture Itami Hyogo 8 - 70
(Inc.) SNK play moa Itami factory software exchange person in charge
TEL: 06 - 6339 - 6402 (support telephone)

Procedure of sending
0 you to print the PDF File PDF file which is prepared separately (the exchange acceptance paper), necessary item in regard to entry,please attach to the software itself.If (it is equal contents, it does not care even with another paper)
In order to prevent 0 confusion, as for those which you send,the software itself (only the ROM cassette)with please do (you take and as for theory and the package at labor assistant storage ask).

Acceptance start
Again 2004 July 23rd (the gold)from (we notify end time with circumstance)
Because there are times when the time when it requires for exchange with our company preparation circumstance is required, we would like you to acknowledge beforehand, know.
* Correction place: Victory voice, around BGM, the trouble regarding practice mode

2. About the specification modification of arcade edition
When producing the master for home, the time to do, also being time immediately after the Sasebo incident claim from the customer for this software which is worked at the arcade was intensive. As our company, being quantity which is limited, when it considers the genre, one for home, being able to meet to just the time when after effect of incident is vivid, putting in one for home, it did the judgement which locks in arcade edition cruel level 1 specification. We apologize the fact that it has become the result which betrays expectation vis-a-vis the customer who is required the specification which is similar to arcade edition, deeply.

3. In addition
The title which should decorate the 掉 tail of neo Geo you are proud of long history, we apologize from heart as the enterprise which succeeds the intellectual property of old SNK vis-a-vis not being able to deliver in the form where satisfaction of the customer goes.
Also in the future to make the voice of the customer important, because it starts pushing on in the commodity making whose degree of user satisfaction is high, extent of support we ask may.

Ahead inquiring
(Inc.) SNK play moa user support
TEL06 - 6339 - 6402 E - mail:Info@snkplaymore.co.jp

Above

Mentioned PDF File

Better Translation by someone else:

regarding the defects of the Samurai Spirits 0 Special home cartridge

thank you very much for being with us in the past. there seem to be problems with some of the ss0s home carts that went on sale on July the 15th. we are very sorry for all customers concerned. please accept our deepest apologies. we are sorry for the trouble this may cause, please follow the guidelines stated bellow:

note

1. about the software exchange

we will exchange the defect parts free of charge. please send it with C.O.D. postage directly to the following address:

recall address:

〒664-0842 Hyougo-ken, itama-shi, morimoto 8-70
SNK Playmore itami factory software exchange
TEL:06-6339-6402 (support line)

sending instruction:

o please print out the prepared pdf file (exchange desk form), fill out the important facts and attach it to the cart. (if you have a different form that is alike you can use it as well.)
o to prevent confusion, please send only the cart (keep the instructions and the case).

recall date:

23.07.2004 (Friday) (the end of recall will be formally announced accordingly)
please understand that the exchange may take some time
※ the corrections: victory voice, surrounding BGM, practice mode defects

2. about the modifications with regard to the MVS version

when the homecart master was produced, it was exactly the time after the Nagasaki incident and we also had a lot of claims from customers regarding the arcade MVS software. our company decided, even though there are only a limited number of carts, taking into account the genre of the home console system, even more so due to the still lingering fresh memories of the incident not to shy from, unlike the arcade version, setting the homcarts cruelty level to level 1. we sincerely apologize to all our customers who wanted to see the same release as the arcade version and who saw their hopes betrayed.

3. further

as an enterprise who took over SNK's IP we want to state our dearest apologies, that, with the last title for the renown Neo Geo system, we were as it seems unable to satisfy our customers.
from now on we will take our customers demands serious, we will struggle for our future products to reach a high level of customer satisfaction. please support us also in the future.

inquiries:

SNK Playmore user support
TEL06-6339-6402  E-mail: info@snkplaymore.co.jp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
If they fix the no fatalities problem that would show they really care alot. Seems like the sound issue should constitute a faulty product, and I don't see how they couldn't legaly be forced to fix or refund money. But the lack of fatalities isn't, fixing that would simply be them making their customers happy.

If there was a betting pool on this I'd bet the sound gets fixed, fatalities don't.

HYDEMe

n00b
Fingers crossed - Perhaps I will buy a copy after all.

Personally, I'm just as pissed that Shoubu Ari is 'missing' (since it's been there from the beginning) as I am the fatalities were.

And they better fix the Japanese release as well - that US cover is booty compared to the Japanese version!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Keeping in mind:
CurtWRX said:

Customer everyone
"Customer everyone" is still only addressed to JP market. Don't take "everyone" to mean those living outside Japan.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
CurtWRX said:

Well, this press release has been out for a few days, and I'm pretty sure that the negotiations between Shawn and SNKP are of a different nature. The Neo Store's message clearly indicates that the carts being "on hold" is due to fatalities, which SNKP never claimed they would fix in the press release a few days ago. I don't think Shawn would bother if it didn't mean that the fatalities might get fixed also - I know I wouldn't.

Good luck Shawn! Our hopes are with you man! :buttrock:

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
HYDEMe said:
Personally, I'm just as pissed that Shoubu Ari is 'missing' (since it's been there from the beginning) as I am the fatalities were.

"Shoubu Ari" is present in SS5 Special only in the Final Round via Double Fatality or Time Out with both players having the same energy level. You then only get 30 seconds to finish the round while playing to a different soundtrack. At the end of the round you will hear the announcer say "shoubu ari." If you do an Over Kill, the anouncer will say "Zetsumeisho." (which he never says in a normal 2-3 round match.)
It seems glitch free when you enter the final round until you execute the Zetsumei Ougi (Over Kill). The drum roll will begin but will cut off when the winning character does his or her win pose and the default win tune will play instead. It's not supposed to do that. The drum roll is supposed to continue until the next matchup screen comes on (see overkill video).

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I hope my game will get fixed. (Fatality wise that is) :crying:

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
for all of us that have supported the neo all this time i sincerely hope they do what needs to be done....

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
We got our SSV Zero sp from ncs...but if they fix the U.S rel we dont mind buying another copy this time from the Neo-Store

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I can see it now, five years down the road people will be hunting down ultra rare censored versions of SS Special since most sent their games back to get redone by Playmore and only a few kept them original.