Neo Cd pad for AES system...

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
I dont know if this is the right forum...but I just want to know if the cd pad works well for fighting games if used on an AES system...Thanks

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
It takes some getting used to...

If you like the pad on the Neo Geo Pocket then you'll like the CD pad.

Otherwise don't get it, it's a little weird.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Syxx573 said:
It takes some getting used to...

If you like the pad on the Neo Geo Pocket then you'll like the CD pad.

that's pretty much it...I've gotten used to using a good controller pad for fighting games at home so if you need some tips on how to work the controls on the CD pad, just ask...

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
It would be great if it was reliable at all. My CD pad worked once when I first got it, after that you had to mash the joystick right to get it to register the direction.

$25 worth of Neo money wasted.

Kazuki Dash

Halox, do a search and possibly ask someone in the Tech Forums to explain the quick fix for the NEO CD pads...I've heard it's quick and relatively simple to do and you'll have your pad as good as new afterwards...

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Kazuki Dash said:
Halox, do a search and possibly ask someone in the Tech Forums to explain the quick fix for the NEO CD pads...I've heard it's quick and relatively simple to do and you'll have your pad as good as new afterwards...

No need, I've got it right here. No need for thanks, just doing my job! :D

Kazuki Dash

squareh4t3r said:
No need, I've got it right here. No need for thanks, just doing my job! :D

you sir, are a true gentleman...

what are the chances of the Mods making that link a sticky in the Tech Forum?

pwetty pwease?
:D

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Kazuki Dash said:
that's pretty much it...I've gotten used to using a good controller pad for fighting games at home so if you need some tips on how to work the controls on the CD pad, just ask...

I will...Thanks

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
It's nowhere near as good as a stick for fighters. I don't mind playing Metal Slug games with it, and other simple platformers and shooters, but it makes pulling off complicated moves a bit of a chore. I'd stay away from it unless you just love pads.

On top of that, it's not even really a pad, in the same sense as a Saturn or a SNES pad. It's more like a joystick "nub" or something. Weird.

Kazuki Dash

galfordo said:
On top of that, it's not even really a pad, in the same sense as a Saturn or a SNES pad. It's more like a joystick "nub" or something. Weird.

'Tis an acquired taste, one that needs some getting used to is all...
;)

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
To me, fighter=joystick. I like the Neo pad as well as any I've tried (with the possible exception of the Saturn pad), but I haven't found one that can hold a candle to a stick for fighters.

Curt

apostate
As far as pads go it is my favorite along with the JP Saturn Pad.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
I used to have the Saturn pad as my favorite, until I got the CD pad :drool: . It's xtremly well designed and works perfect with shooters and platformers. It does take a while getting used to but after that there is no turning back.