A Neo Geo Gamer.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
A mirage of thoughts came to me tonight. In general the world of gaming for being a Neo fan is one of these most intense hobbies I have ever put myself into. Over a period of time I have met a varity of people who either love the Neo*Geo or hate it and I always get the impression that these are people who know or care for nothing else or just hate the system for biased reasons. I mean just to think about how uptight some people are is amazing. Sure I can talk to anyone about their collecting but some people treat their Neo games like Gold to be horded away never to see the light of day expect to brag about what they have. Some guys like me in general like bringing it out and letting people in on what is one of the best video games systems ever produced.

A good example is when I met Big Bruno at A-Kon.*Nice hat
smile.gif
* I wish I had more time to talk to him but I was constantly getting grabbed by people left and right to play. I brought my Neo system for the game room there and amazely enough, The system brought out quite a few hardcore fans who I never would have expected to play the Neo. I don't know if Bruno was watching but the game that got the most play was not KoF 99, Last Blade 2 or even Mark of the Wolves. It was Samurai Shodown II. This game was being played by more people than anyone playing Marvel Vs Capcom 2 expect for the Die Hard Capcom fans who to their loss didn't give it a 2nd thought. There was one person named Mike who played Mark of the Wolves for awhile and even tho it was his 1st time he got a 32 win Strek with Butt. I came back at the end of this but It was cool seeing that many people lining up just to play something on what most people call a dated system. Near the end of the con after a 2nd Impact Tourny, I had a chance to meet and talk with a guy who owned a SuperGun which had a 2nd Impact board hooked up on it. He won the tourny and afterwards I started talking to him about his love for Capcom. After awhile I decided to sit him down on Last Blade 2 and show him the ropes. He caught on quick with me using a Speed Kaede and him using a Speed Setsuna per my choice of a good starting character. After several matches he became hooked on the game and decided then and there that he wanted to get it. He said that he never really played SNK fighters due to there being no real competiton for it but, He was into enough now that he could get several of his friends into it. After I left the con and meeting some great people and having a good time, I decided that I wanted to concentrate on getting more great Neo games to my collection and make it the best I can. I will happily admit that the Neo has it fair share of crap games*Mutation Nation* and good ones. So my ideal of being a collector is not to buy them all and horde them away like some kinda of troll or Dragon but to let people who are really into games experience what the Neo Geo has to offer. Well I got what I wanted to say off my chest and hope that maybe these words will have some deeper meaning to some of you gamers out there. Thanks.....

BonusKun

P.S. Oh and Bruno I will be there next year so I'll bring my Riding Hero and League Bowling carts to do a link up if anything.
smile.gif

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
That is an EXCELLENT experience!

NEVER underestimate the power of SS2! That is the best game in the SS series, and probably the one with the most exposure, at least from my eperience (Yeah, I know, some people will debate this...).

I wonder how many of those people who were introduced to the Neo by you went out and got one themselves....

Keith