What's the SSVS "bug" reported by SNK-P?

Master(G)

n00b
What's that bug they're talking about? Why do they recall AES carts now? Because of the fataltie-situation or what? I could not find any information...

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Copy and pasted from another thread:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
regarding the defects of the Samurai Spirits 0 Special home cartridge

thank you very much for being with us in the past. there seem to be problems with some of the ss0s home carts that went on sale on July the 15th. we are very sorry for all customers concerned. please accept our deepest apologies. we are sorry for the trouble this may cause, please follow the guidelines stated bellow:

note

1. about the software exchange

we will exchange the defect parts free of charge. please send it with C.O.D. postage directly to the following address:

recall address:

〒664-0842 Hyougo-ken, itama-shi, morimoto 8-70
SNK Playmore itami factory software exchange
TEL:06-6339-6402 (support line)

sending instruction:

o please print out the prepared pdf file (exchange desk form), fill out the important facts and attach it to the cart. (if you have a different form that is alike you can use it as well.)
o to prevent confusion, please send only the cart (keep the instructions and the case).

recall date:

23.07.2004 (Friday) (the end of recall will be formally announced accordingly)
please understand that the exchange may take some time
※ the corrections: victory voice, surrounding BGM, practice mode defects

2. about the modifications with regard to the MVS version

when the homecart master was produced, it was exactly the time after the Nagasaki incident and we also had a lot of claims from customers regarding the arcade MVS software. our company decided, even though there are only a limited number of carts, taking into account the genre of the home console system, even more so due to the still lingering fresh memories of the incident not to shy from, unlike the arcade version, setting the homcarts cruelty level to level 1. we sincerely apologize to all our customers who wanted to see the same release as the arcade version and who saw their hopes betrayed.

3. further

as an enterprise who took over SNK's IP we want to state our dearest apologies, that, with the last title for the renown Neo Geo system, we were as it seems unable to satisfy our customers.
from now on we will take our customers demands serious, we will struggle for our future products to reach a high level of customer satisfaction. please support us also in the future.

inquiries:

SNK Playmore user support
TEL06-6339-6402  E-mail: info@snkplaymore.co.jp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this is an translation from the japanese Playmore site, it is unclear but very unlikely, that customers outside of Japan will be able to use this service.
I started a thread to ask Shawn how the Neo Store customers will be able to get their carts fixed.
Hopefully there will be a solution for the problem.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Master(G) said:
thanks a lot...
Keep in mind that if you are not living in Japan, they are not talking to you. If you send your cart to that address, you will probably not see it again.

Master(G)

n00b
SouthtownKid said:
Keep in mind that if you are not living in Japan, they are not talking to you. If you send your cart to that address, you will probably not see it again.

sure, I was not thinking about sending them my cart anyway... but thanks for the warning... I am actually waiting for the unibios-solution...

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
so the MVS carts are OK? (i orderd 1 already)

and what is the "Nagasaki Incident" what happend?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
roninbuddha said:
so the MVS carts are OK? (i orderd 1 already)

and what is the "Nagasaki Incident" what happend?

Use the search function and you shall find...

drone9

Marked Wolf
as Verythrax said, how about the search function? :shame:

since I'm a nice guy:
ss0s seems to suffer from the following bugs:

o "shoubu ari" sound problem
o damage in practice mode is not accurate
o game has problems with zetsumei ougi in practice mode
o practice mode problem with "1. setup guard" and Hanzou/Galfordo
o wrong final down reaction when killed by setsumei ougi in practice mode

about the Nagasaki incident:
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1539354,00.html http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1-1130646,00.html

before starting another discussion give these threads a read:
NO FATALITIES in Samurai Showdown 5 Special
Official Samurai Shodown V Special News

no need for further posts in this thread.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
what a great way to say "goodbye snk"

My god, what a shitty end to a great era. Of course, SSV had problems, too. Saying round 5 twice when you play round 5 games, for instance. Also, Galford almost never gives out his death scream when you kill him. Oh well, a glitchy end to a great series.

Spike

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Master(G) said:
What's that bug they're talking about? Why do they recall AES carts now? Because of the fataltie-situation or what? I could not find any information...

If you get to fight a Final Round Battle (4th Round) via Double Fatality or Time Out, the bug problem seems to be somewhat fixed. The announcer will say "Shoubu ari" the background music will stop and the character will do a winning pose to the standard flute music just like in the previous SS games. Also if you perform an OverKill move, the announcer will say "Zetsumeisho" (which he doesn't if you do it in a 3 round game) but the drum roll music doesn't continue like it should. It cuts off and defaults to the regular win pose music. Wierd.
I hope bypassing the lockout will cure the game of these glitches.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
man

playmore really balls'd up the neogeo.

THANKS

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
**Fires up SS2**

Ahh, the days before Playmore. The real SNK games.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
Ohhhhh the almost yearly stab/cut killing of students/kids/etc in Japan.

I guess that'll do it.