Slug Advance delayed AGAIN

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
No surprises

Babelfish:

"Apology of GBA edition "metal slug advance" sale postponement In regard to GBA private software "metal slug advance", this sight and the sale day which we have notiified with part announcement, with various circumstance, as description below it became modification. We putting great annoyance in everyone of the user with the sale postponement which occurs repeatedly, there is no excuse truly. Presently, directing to sale, it is in the midst of ardent endeavoring. That no soldier/finishing acknowledgement, we ask. GBA private software sale day before "metal slug advance the" modifying: This summer sale day after sale schedule -> modifying: Undecided"

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Anyone seeing this game at E3 was expecting/hoping for a delay. I'd rather wait until mid 2005 for a good game than get such a choppy, slowdown filled game now. Hopefully, they'll be able to iron everything out.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
SouthtownKid said:
Anyone seeing this game at E3 was expecting/hoping for a delay. I'd rather wait until mid 2005 for a good game than get such a choppy, slowdown filled game now. Hopefully, they'll be able to iron everything out.

yeah this is true. the video from E3 that is floating round the net disguises how bad the slowdown was at that stage in development. a journalist from www.ntsc-uk.com described it as "the worst game at E3".

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Can Playless touch anything without it turning to shit?

Magic 8-Ball says 'No'.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I was pretty hopeful about this one when it was first announced, but the vids I've seen look pretty damned choppy unfortunately. And if SNKP decides to censor it - they can fucking forget about me even considering it.

This whole thing just seems silly at this point. I mean really, how long does it take to make a half-assed port (which you know it's gonna be, given the GBA's $hyte sound effects). I remember when it was announced that the GBA would have near-PS1 graphics - uhhhh, yeah. :rolleyes:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Like there was any doubt they'd delay MSA AGAIN??? *I've lost faith in the product, though the JPN box art looks nice. But I'm boycotting their games on the other platforms in the foreseeable future. Can't believe how quickly some people around here have already forgotten the Boycott/Revolution War Against SNKPLAYWHORE. Support the NEO:GEO... damn straight. Support their newer shit, naaah fuck em.

MERCENARY X99

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Mercenary X99 said:
Can't believe how quickly some people around here have already forgotten the Boycott/Revolution War Against SNKPLAYWHORE. Support the NEO:GEO... damn straight. Support their newer shit, naaah fuck em.

MERCENARY X99

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't even consider this one in the first place until SNKP clears up the SSVS fiasco. Dirtbags. :very_ang:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
galfordo said:
Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't even consider this one in the first place until SNKP clears up the SSVS fiasco. Dirtbags. :very_ang:
So, they remove the blood and fatalities from SSVS, are those the only reason you play the SS games? As long as the gameplay is intact, you shouldn't care for the blood and gore.

On topic, the game being delayed is a great thing, what I saw at E3 would have let down all of the Slug fans.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Master Giby said:
So, they remove the blood and fatalities from SSVS, are those the only reason you play the SS games? As long as the gameplay is intact, you shouldn't care for the blood and gore.
You must have not read the thread about the glitches and bugs in SS0S and the cart recall, thought to maybe have been caused by the last minute removal of the fatalities. I don't care about fatalities at all, but some of the in-game problems that have been reported would annoy me if I had the game.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
SouthtownKid said:
You must have not read the thread about the glitches and bugs in SS0S and the cart recall, thought to maybe have been caused by the last minute removal of the fatalities. I don't care about fatalities at all, but some of the in-game problems that have been reported would annoy me if I had the game.

Naw, I saw too many people bitching about the gore being removed so I quit reading it. I'm not going to bother to get the game, or really try to learn it, but is it as bad as SvC?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
fuck MSA

buy ct special forces

its so much better quality, playmore are a sucky software house and it shows.

Neo Pocky

Kuroko's Training Dummy
SNKP is too busy trying to get KOF: MI finished. Maybe after they finish KOF: MI they'll concentrate on Metal Slug Advance more. At E3 Metal slug: Advance was only 30% complete while KOF: MI was 70% done. Looks like they care more about there 3D games now. :shame:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Neo Pocky said:
SNKP is too busy trying to get KOF: MI finished. Maybe after they finish KOF: MI they'll concentrate on Metal Slug Advance more. At E3 Metal slug: Advance was only 30% complete while KOF: MI was 70% done. Looks like they care more about there 3D games now. :shame:
I can't imagine they have the same teams working on both games. Maybe the girl who makes the coffee, but other than that...

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
SouthtownKid said:
I can't imagine they have the same teams working on both games. Maybe the girl who makes the coffee, but other than that...

I agree, since there's is nothing that can't be copied and pasted between these 2 games.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I cleaned up the Babelfish translation. :rolleyes:

SuperPang said:
"Apologies for the GBA edition "metal slug advance" sale postponement. With regards to the GBA software "metal slug advance", the sale day which we previously mentioned was changed due to circumstances that required our modifications. Due to the shooting incident in Nagasaki, we have decided that the presence of firearms and bullets in the game is offensive to our customers. We may be causing great annoyance for everyone with the sale postponement, for which there is no excuse, except that we must also remove all of the hostages from the game due to the unfortunate resemblance to the hostage situations in Iraq. Presently, our developers are in the midst of ardent endeavoring to make a Metal Slug game without any of the above elements. The GBA software sale day for "metal slug advance" has therefore been modified. The summer sale day is gone, and the new release date is undecided"

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
neojedi said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Since they say that there's no excuse, sounds like it's the SAME excuse, but they are too vexed to admit it, due the SSVS uproar.

I bet that they are delaying (or even cancelling) the game due the Iraq/Nagasaki incidents.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
neojedi said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPang
"Apologies for the GBA edition "metal slug advance" sale postponement. With regards to the GBA software "metal slug advance", the sale day which we previously mentioned was changed due to circumstances that required our modifications. Due to the shooting incident in Nagasaki, we have decided that the presence of firearms and bullets in the game is offensive to our customers. We may be causing great annoyance for everyone with the sale postponement, for which there is no excuse, except that we must also remove all of the hostages from the game due to the unfortunate resemblance to the hostage situations in Iraq. Presently, our developers are in the midst of ardent endeavoring to make a Metal Slug game without any of the above elements. The GBA software sale day for "metal slug advance" has therefore been modified. The summer sale day is gone, and the new release date is undecided"

What are the characters going to use now? apple throwers? :tickled:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
I laughed out loud... Wait, you were being sarcastic, right...?

I can only imagine if other companies overreacted like this...
Namco: Due to the horrific auto accident in Kobe last weekend, future Ridge Racer games will not feature driving or fast cars.

Capcom: Due to the horrific fight between 3rd graders yesterday after school at the bike racks, future instalments of Viewtiful Joe will not include hitting or jumping around.

I predict a ressurgence of chess simulators.