Anyone else importing KOF:MI?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Title says it all. August 12th is the date NCSX has up and I don't plan on waiting for the domestic release.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to what is probably my new favorite character, Chae Lim.

p_chaelim01.jpg

If you watch the videos, she's pretty much a female version of Kim. That's right, this Hou'ou Kyaku has got the bouncy factor. :drool:

Female Kim and Rock, yeah those are my top two reasons for nabbing the import.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
If there were a longer wait than there is and I had a Japanese or moded PS2 I would want to get the import, but with no modified PS2 and only a months wait for the US version I'll be fine with waiting for it. Can't wait to see some reviews of the Jap version here though! I think this game is going to be good... :D

BIG

sony fanboy
This game kicks ass,played it quite a bit at E3 :)

I wonder if there will be any significant differences between the domestic and import versions...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'll be waiting for the domestic release, but I am pretty excited about this one. I've heard very few negative comments about it thus far, and to be honest I was fully expecting a 3-d KOF to be a total disaster .....

But this is SNKP, after all, so I'm going to wait and see the FINAL RELEASE before making any decision about buying it.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Given that Gradius V drops (as well as $130 of my money) next week, and Doom 3 ships August 2nd/3rd, I'll probably end up waiting another month for the domestic release.

Although I have to say, had I the money to do so, I would import it. Greatly impressed by it at E3.

K hunter

Kula's Candy
dont have the money to import it as of right now. so, i'll most likely wait for the domestic version.

JHendrix

DOH! I didn't realize that the domestic release is only a month away from the import one.

I still think I'm getting it on import though; Chae Lim demands my immediate attention.

SwordPlay

Crossed Swords Squire
JHendrix said:
I'd also like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to what is probably my new favorite character, Chae Lim.

p_chaelim01.jpg

She's a snore.

Kim and Jae Hoon are good enough representatives for the Tae Kwon Do style of martials arts, adding a third is just the lack of creativity showing in SNKP's design room.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
So tell me guys, what happened to "NG.COM Vs. SNKPlaywhore"? What happened to the Boycott of their products until our voice is heard? I thought the point of them feeling our displeasure with SSVS was through boycotting future products on the new systems and Atomiswave where they would feel it? Guess our revolution ended before it began. :mad: *Never even saw the template letter/petition we were all going to sign. Guess I might as well buy KOF M.I. when it hits the states now too {always wanted to but I willing not to for the cause} since a few people here and there not buying it isn't going to make a difference. ---I guess SNKP's letter released in Japan must have softened your hearts up enough that our virtual 26 July Movement perperations for "Guerrilla War" no longer matter.

...but that's always the case ain't it. Everyone gets fired up heads up for the arsenal, chants and belly aches for Revolution and then goes home and forgets about the whole thing. Aint' no fuckin' different than how we're all supposed to be so fuckin' DIE-HARD into the NEO:GEO, but all of the creative minds and a money pool never comes together to continue making homebrew games that could truly go even further than what was produced because it be too much work for all of us banding together. No one person can win a whole war, thus I guess it's truly over now. :very_ang:

MERCENARY X99

SwordPlay

Crossed Swords Squire
Mercenary X99 said:
...but that's always the case ain't it. Everyone gets fired up heads up for the arsenal, chants and belly aches for Revolution and then goes home and forgets about the whole thing. Aint' no fuckin' different than how we're all supposed to be so fuckin' DIE-HARD into the NEO:GEO, but all of the creative minds and a money pool never comes together to continue making homebrew games that could truly go even further than what was produced because it be too much work for all of us banding together. No one person can win a whole war, thus I guess it's truly over now. :very_ang:

MERCENARY X99

Seriously... Lithium.

JHendrix

Mercenary X99 said:
So tell me guys, what happened to "NG.COM Vs. SNKPlaywhore"? What happened to the Boycott of their products until our voice is heard? I thought the point of them feeling our displeasure with SSVS was through boycotting future products on the new systems and Atomiswave where they would feel it? Guess our revolution ended before it began. :mad: *Never even saw the template letter/petition we were all going to sign. Guess I might as well buy KOF M.I. when it hits the states now too {always wanted to but I willing not to for the cause} since a few people here and there not buying it isn't going to make a difference. ---I guess SNKP's letter released in Japan must have softened your hearts up enough that our virtual 26 July Movement perperations for "Guerrilla War" no longer matter.

MERCENARY X99

I never signed up for this "revolution" as you put it, nor did I agree to some boycott.

I don't particularly like SS games competitively (or much at all anymore) and I don't particularly care that the SSVS AES English version has no fatalities. So um no offense but I'm not one to jump in on the little cause you guys got going here especially since this looks like the most promising KOF to come out in a few years.

Back on topic, I don't understand how anyone could be upset with Chae Lim. Kim's not in the game but they got a sexay replacement for the fighting style, so I'm definitely down with some "bounce" when using my favorite characters fighting style.

SwordPlay

Crossed Swords Squire
JHendrix said:
Back on topic, I don't understand how anyone could be upset with Chae Lim. Kim's not in the game but they got a sexay replacement for the fighting style, so I'm definitely down with some "bounce" when using my favorite characters fighting style.

Sorry, I've never been one of those people who were turned on by virtual or cartoony flesh.

I actually find it pretty damn sad that instead of putting in one of their most beloved and recognizable fighting characters of all time (Kim), they opt for the DOA route and switch him for something with a little more "bounce" to give the pre-teen hornballs a little eyecandy to go along with their game.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
SwordPlay said:
Seriously... Lithium.

Ummm... no, actually it's called The Principle of the Matter something sorely lacking in today's people. It's okay though, I didn't follow my own rule of thumb to never get your hopes up for one is usually dissapointed. I should have known better to think that even on something as small scale as a "Cult" Video Game Community that a revolt against THE POWER would not be taken seriously, even if the impetus behind our boycott/revolution was for a simple matter of cartoony violence taken out of a said product.

I'm vexxed now, perhaps it's time I become a ghost yet again. *And so is the path of a man born out of time, a mountain man a cowboy a warrior with no war to fight. Now that the SSVS debacle has more or less blown over there is very little going on again. I shall be in the shadows.

MERCENARY X99
{Lonesome Bear}

JHendrix

Mercenary X99 said:
Ummm... no, actually it's called The Principle of the Matter something sorely lacking in today's people. It's okay though, I didn't follow my own rule of thumb to never get your hopes up for one is usually dissapointed. I should have known better to think that even on something as small scale as a "Cult" Video Game Community that a revolt against THE POWER would not be taken seriously, even if the impetus behind our boycott/revolution was for a simple matter of cartoony violence taken out of a said product.

I'm vexxed now, perhaps it's time I become a ghost yet again. *And so is the path of a man born out of time, a mountain man a cowboy a warrior with no war to fight. Now that the SSVS debacle has more or less blown over there is very little going on again. I shall be in the shadows.

MERCENARY X99
{Lonesome Bear}

If it makes you feel better it's not a "matter of principle" but rahter that some of us don't see the need to participate.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
JHendrix said:
Female Kim and Rock, yeah those are my top two reasons for nabbing the import.
Are you saying they're going to be in the U.S. release?

@merc, Buy the MVS cart if you want fatalities so bad. The niche market of NeoGeo.com isn't going to make or break SNK by not supporting them by buying the ports and playing their Atomiswave games.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Merc is right - I'm indifinitely boycotting all SNKP products (not that their shit is really all that tempting to begin with, but still :tickled: ) until the SSVS thing somehow gets resolved.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
8/12 KOF:MI
+
8/13 Last day at my current job of 7 years
_________
Plenty of free time to play :buttrock:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
Are you saying they're going to be in the U.S. release?

@merc, Buy the MVS cart if you want fatalities so bad. The niche market of NeoGeo.com isn't going to make or break SNK by not supporting them by buying the ports and playing their Atomiswave games.

#1> I have an MVS 2-Slot Cab and a 2-Slot CMVS System therefore I would be buying an MVS cart of the game. *However, just because I'm no longer an AES gamer doesn't mean that I'm not pissed off about it. It's bad business practice... false advertisement... and just overall the approximation of all that is fucked up in this day and age with conglomeration/corporate behavior. Someone needs to make these fuckers pay.

#2> Having said that, yeah you're right I'm sure our NG.COM Boycott/Revolution wouldn't be that big a deal in the long run. But it's having the desire to break right through to the other side of the ordeal. *If you were not involved in the threads where everyone was pissed off about SSVS then what I'm about to say is moot... if you were though, then stand by your ground and actually not support any of their future endeavors until they either A> Prove themselves worthy... B> Proper restitution is given to those fucked over {and we all should care since despite bickering here or there we're all supposed to be on the same side here in this community} because it's about THE FANS having supported NEO:GEO and ultimately SNK then SNKP all these years spending down MAD $BLING for it to boot. ---But I'm sure everyone is just going to run out and buy anything they dangle in front of you and forget that we had a righteous indignation to make good on that massive EMAIL/Petition spamming up their corporate offices... A letter to notify our Boycott-Revolution to said SNKP product be them "ports" or new games.

but like with everything else in our piece of shit generation WE JUST STOP and forget and say "Ahhhh Fuck it" right? If so then we need to just call it a mothefuckin' day then cause none of us is Die-Hard... well at least most of us aren't if we're not still going to go through with it. SNKP gave out an apology and some candy and everyone said: "Sure man, we're pissed but whatever." WELL IF THAT'S THE OFFICIAL STANCE NOW IN MASS THEN I GOT THIS TO SAY TO THOSE WHO YELLED BUT WILL GO RIGHT ON SUPPORTING THEIR FUTURE ENDEAVORS and that is...

PISS ON THIS FUCKIN' TURD sell out commie sonsa'bitches! I for one am boycotting anything not on the NEO:GEO hardware {since that's not going to matter as they've made their money there already}. AND IT IS ABOUT THE PRINCIPLE don't be askewed on that to whomever may think it's not. **FUCK I HATE OUR GENERATION! :very_ang:

MERCENARY X99

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
The niche market of NeoGeo.com isn't going to make or break SNK by not supporting them by buying the ports and playing their Atomiswave games.

Downloading the games doesn't count as supporting them right? We can all still enjoy the new stuff from them without putting out the bank. Afterall, were not going to make or break them.......so who cares if we just use some bandwidth.

And dont forget to share! Don't let your buddies go out and spend hard-earned cash on SNKP games when you can just hook em up. Oh......and make sure they hook up some of their buddies. And so on and so on...........

Never underestimate the power of 1.

(ofcourse I do not endorse the piracy/downloading of software/games - it serves as a point. - Playing devils advocate here)

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I'm not importing.

My favorite character is the blonde with the huge knockers.

I'm definately looking forward to this game. :buttrock:

Especially after being disappointed by the last 3 KOFs.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I'm not importing this game, but only because I'll be in Japan when it comes out. :) Can't wait to get it; the game is looking awesome. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I haven't been this excited about a new KOF since '98. o_O

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
@NeoCverA, I don't think you understood me exactly, but whatever. I will support SNK no matter what.

@merc, The 'principle' argument is moot to me because I really don't think SNK will do a damn thing because of a mass email from NeoGeo.com explaining our disgust. Yes, I think it's gay that the fatalities were censored, but I do believe they're still in the carts and if you want them I suggest that you don't send yours in to SNK to be fixed. I believe the 'fix' they want to do because of the bugs/glitches in the game is a ploy so they can do away with the fatalities completely. Wait a while and I'm sure Razoola will come up with something to unlock the fatalities. And/or like I said, your other option is to buy the MVS cart which supposedly hasn't been censored. I know you want to 'do something' so to speak because you're pissed and all, but I'm being rational. And if you're a collector, then I really don't feel bad for ya because collectors don't really play their games anyhow.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
I believe the 'fix' they want to do because of the bugs/glitches in the game is a ploy so they can do away with the fatalities completely.

I wouldn't put it past 'em. As of yet, however, I don't think that SNKP has offerred to repair the US version of the game. I think their apologetic bullshit letter was aimed at their JPN fanbase, and is very likely to be limited to JPN customers. If anyone here sent in their cart, they'd probably keep it and say it got lost or something.

SnairDogg said:
Wait a while and I'm sure Razoola will come up with something to unlock the fatalities. And/or like I said, your other option is to buy the MVS cart which supposedly hasn't been censored. I know you want to 'do something' so to speak because you're pissed and all, but I'm being rational.

I still sort of fear that the last batch of MVS carts got hacked up just like the AES cart, but I guess we'll see soon enough. Here comes yet another "OMFG! teh r4r3!!1!" auction on ebay. :oh_no:

SnairDogg said:
And if you're a collector, then I really don't feel bad for ya because collectors don't really play their games anyhow.

Some of us do - we just make sure to line our AES cartridge slots with silk, and we place our carts in said slot using velvet-covered tongs. :D