Running a CPS2 and a 2 slot MVS in same cab

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
hi
im pretty sure you can do this but im not sure how could anyone tell me if you can buy some sort of double JAMMA link up harness and if so what kind of switch i would need to use to work it
cheers
Trev :)

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
If you want a couple of boards hooked up, use a 2 way 5 pole switch to switch the RGB sync and 5 volts via a relay. There is no harm in having the secondary boards buttons/switches in parallel with the used board.

I have never actually tried this, in theory it should work.
The only thing to stop it working would be the two boards button/joystick input buffer impeadance being in parallel, possibly being low enough to register as a low (as if switched to ground.)
I dont think this would be an issue with only two boards in parallel like this.

Suehirocho

New Challenger
Erm, why not just plug the Jamma connector in the board you want to play ?

you'll still have enough issues do deal with that way, such as sound and kick harness :D

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
ah ha this is what i was going on about found it on google

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?action=link&sku=DBLJAMMA

DBL-JAMMA.jpg

anyone use one of these in there cab,if so is it any good :glee:

Suehirocho

New Challenger
weeeee 130 bucks :loco: I guess you'll need lots of switching between your boards to compensate for such a price :D

aluisi

Geese's Thug
THis is the multi jamma system you would want here. Its $125 and includes the stuff fro two boards but the best thing about it is that you can have one cab hold upto 8 games and you just hit a button and switch between the game boards. The additional cards are $22.50 this is the system I am thinking of getting

http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
if you get that dual jamma thing, make sure to tell them to put on the 4th neo button through the board...otherwise you will have a 3 button jamma and a neo setup with A,B, and C buttons ;)

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
aluisi said:
THis is the multi jamma system you would want here. Its $125 and includes the stuff fro two boards but the best thing about it is that you can have one cab hold upto 8 games and you just hit a button and switch between the game boards. The additional cards are $22.50 this is the system I am thinking of getting

http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html

hmm looks interesting,would this work with neos 4th button tho

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
that mike's whatever place can put the 4th button in there as a special request. Not sure if it costs more, but he told me you just have to ask for it.

It does say that it supports the fourth "semi-standard" JAMMA fire button.

But what about the audio? Does the MultiJAMMA do something about JAMMA pin "L" so that you don't fry your MVS's sound?

Dragonfly

n00b
Trevor spencer said:
hi
im pretty sure you can do this but im not sure how could anyone tell me if you can buy some sort of double JAMMA link up harness and if so what kind of switch i would need to use to work it
cheers
Trev :)

Hello Trev,
this is indeed posible to do , you only need to buy a 2 in one Jamma loom which is now on eBay (standing on $12.50 ) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13718&item=6108707246

this loom allows you to hook up 2 Arcade Jamma pcb`s in your cab , you only need to make a wire to the ground and one wire to the service pinout on your
Jamma loom by using a select button with a Microswitch , you can still use the Select button from your Neo Geo slot because thats located on pin 26 solderside :) .

the Jamma loom this person is selling is also able to adjust separetly the RGB colors from both pcb`s which can be important ! .

Good Luck !

Best Regards Dragonfly .

making a fault is Human so if you didn`t make any mistakes lately then you
probably didn`t do anything :)