KOF:MI OST CD on sale 8/18/2004

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
According to Scitron Discs website, they will release the "KOF MAXIMUM IMPACT Original Sound Trax / SNK Playmore" CD in Japan on 8/18/2004:

Title: KOF MAXIMUM IMPACT Original Sound Trax / SNK Playmore
Publisher: Scitron Discs
Item#: SCDC-00363~364
Price: 3150 yen (includes tax)

I'll post more info as I find it. As always, my online shop (Hoteiya Las Vegas), is taking preorders for this item.

--Chris

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I wonder what the music is going to be like.

Hopefully good remixes of past games' tunes. :d

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm kinda iffy about this one. Pretty much all the tunes I've heard so far sound like rejected Megaman X techno songs.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Scitron Discs finally put up the details on the KOF:MI OST CD in the last few days. Unfortunately, it's yet another KOF CD that lacks voice/special effects tracks.

--Chris

EDIT: Just noticed the above link isn't working. Use this one instead (scroll to the bottom for the link to the CD).

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Any word as to who composed it yet? I'm guessing it was Noise Factory.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Fygee said:
Any word as to who composed it yet? I'm guessing it was Noise Factory.
Good guess, Fygee. The composer is Tanaka Toshikazu, known for his work on the Gouketsuji Ichizoku / Power Instinct series, and most recently for the soundtracks of Matrimelee and Sengoku Denshou 2001. Scitron Discs doesn't mention Noise Factory, but it does reference Tanaka's studio, Studio Aqua. I'm guessing that this means Noise Factory itself was relatively uninvoled, and SNK Playmore obtained Tanaka's services by way of his studio. Looking forward to this one even more than before, now that we've got confirmation of who's at the helm.

--Chris

EDIT: Also interested in Disc-2 Track-3 "Geese ni kissu o mou ichidou," apparently an arrangement of one of Geese's earlier themes ("Geese ni kissu") -- used as the theme for the "Internal Gate Stage." Wondering if this might indicate Geese's presence in the game, or simply the inclusion of a Geese-oriented stage.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Well, if Tanaka is doing it, then there should be at least some modicum of quality. I look forward to it then.

From my understanding, Noise Factory has some sort of connection with the development of the game, as it appears in an upcoming G4 doc on SNK, so it could be that they might be involved in the music along with Studio Aqua.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
This would be great to get a hold of, especially if it's on par with Matrimelee's tracks.