Official Samurai Shodown V Special News

TerryB800

War Room Troll
I don't think this has been posted yet so...
I translated this press release from the SNK Playmore official site using Babelfish:

"Customer everyone 2004 July 16th Outside mountain Tomokazu corporation SNK play moa Chief Executive Officer About the trouble of neo GeoCities software "samurai spirits zero special" for home Usually, pulling you to raise, thank you truly. Well, trouble has occurred in part concerning the neo GeoCities software "samurai spirits zero special" for home of July 15th sale. We putting annoyance in the customer everyone, there is no excuse truly. We apologize deeply. Therefore, it does to multiply the number of hands and is regret truly, but as mentioned below making correspond, to want to receive, because you know, we ask may. You exchange with those which corrected at gratuitous trouble spot concerning the exchange of the description 1. software. At cash on arrival we ask sending to the below-mentioned address directly. Sending former place 〒 664-0842 city Morimoto prefecture Itami Hyogo 8? 70 (Inc.) SNK play moa Itami factory software exchange person in charge TEL: 06? 6339? 6402 (support telephone) Procedure 0 of sending you to print the PDF file which is prepared separately (the exchange acceptance paper), necessary item in regard to entry, please attach to the software itself. If (it is equal contents, in order it does not care) to prevent 0 confusion even with another paper, as for those which you send, the software itself (only the ROM cassette) with please do (you take and as for theory and the package at labor assistant storage ask). Because acceptance start 2004 July 23rd (the gold) from (end time there are times when the time when it requires for exchange with circumstance it notifies again) with our company preparation circumstance is required, we would like you to acknowledge beforehand, know. * Correction place: Victory voice, around BGM, the trouble regarding practice mode 2. Concerning the specification modification of arcade edition when producing the master for home, the time to do, also being time immediately after the Sasebo incident claim from the customer for this software which is worked at the arcade was intensive. As our company, being quantity which is limited, when it considers the genre, one for home, being able to meet to just the time when after effect of incident is vivid, putting in one for home, it did the judgement which locks in arcade edition cruel level 1 specification. We apologize the fact that it has become the result which betrays expectation vis-a-vis the customer who is required the specification which is similar to arcade edition, deeply. 3. In addition the title which should decorate the 掉 tail of neo GeoCities you are proud of long history, we apologize from heart as the enterprise which succeeds the intellectual property of old SNK vis-a-vis not being able to deliver in the form where satisfaction of the customer goes. Also in the future to make the voice of the customer important, because it starts pushing on in the commodity making whose degree of user satisfaction is high, extent of support we ask may. Ahead inquiring (Inc.) SNK play moa user support TEL06? 6339? 6402 E? Mail: Above info@snkplaymore.co.jp"

Err... make of that what you will.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Sounds like they want to do something, but I can't make out from the translation whether it's a return, correction, or what. It's the first press release link on SNKP's homepage. Someone please try to translate this manually.

If it turns out to be an exchange, we could have the airways flooded with $359 video games on their way back to Japan. The potential for catastrophe is impressive. :p

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It sounds like a refund offer but nothing else, aside from an apology for locking the cruelty level.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Sounds to me like an apology, and instructions on where to send you cart for a refund.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
The words "correction" and "exchange" ARE in there, though. To me it seems like a recall to correct the carts, but it's not clear if it's just for the "Victory voice, around BGM, the trouble regarding practice mode" or also to correct the violence setting.

I think people will have to wait for a true translation.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Dallas_Five said:
The words "correction" and "exchange" ARE in there, though. To me it seems like a recall to correct the carts, but it's not clear if it's just for the "Victory voice, around BGM, the trouble regarding practice mode" or also to correct the violence setting.

Agreed. Would be very nice if they put back the lost content, but that sounds too good to be true. Keep your fingers crossed people.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Dallas_Five said:

Yes, I understood it, too. It's a refund/recall about game glitches. At the end of the message they only says that they simply apologize about the censorship :very_ang:

Anyone willing to send them a AES case full of C4?

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
TerryB800 said:
You exchange with those which corrected at gratuitous trouble spot concerning the exchange of the description 1. software. At cash on arrival we ask sending to the below-mentioned address directly. (the exchange acceptance paper), necessary item in regard to entry, please attach to the software itself. If (it is equal contents, in order it does not care) to prevent 0 confusion even with another paper

You can return the game (complete) for a refund.

OR...

TerryB800 said:
as for those which you send, the software itself (only the ROM cassette) with please do (you take and as for theory and the package at labor assistant storage ask). * Correction place: Victory voice, around BGM, the trouble regarding practice mode 2. Concerning the specification modification of arcade edition when producing the master for home... putting in one for home, it did the judgement which locks in arcade edition cruel level 1 specification.

Send back the Cartridge only for "correction" (Back to its original uncensored form?)

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean. They also apologize for locking out the violence without notifiying the consumer but since time was scarce they could only do a lock out. So that means that the fatalities are still there.

Last edited:

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
You can return the game (complete) for a refund.

OR...

Send back the Cartridge only for "correction" (Back to its original uncensored form)

I wonder if there is any chance of Shawn sending his stock back for correction? Anyhow it seems like i might be picking up SSVS after all. :buttrock:

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Gorka said:
I wonder if there is any chance of Shawn sending his stock back for correction? Anyhow it seems like i might be picking up SSVS after all. :buttrock:

I hope they really do make the "right" correction

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Gorka said:

Of course, no one is going to want the old version now that they know there is to be a new version, even if it dosent have the fatalities Im sure people would rather have the new over the old. I expect they will also compensate him by throwing in a few extra carts.

Raz

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
I'm sure Shawn will handle the Exchange on this end if that is what it is. SO shipping to Memphis

However all I want to know is

If I now order the SSVS NGH will I get a Fixed version (I don't care if it takes a month to make the round trip)

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
My question is:

IF the recall is for uncensoring the game, WHO will pay all the shipping?

customer > Shawn > SNKP and back

or

customer > SNKP and back

Intl shipping of NG cart isn't cheap, you know.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
They messed up with the censorship... They forgot to change the color of the blood to green. :D

Anyway sounds to me like they're exchanging it for a fixed copy.

Must have been galfordo's letter.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Playmore had BETTER not "correct" a bunch of crap and NOT implement the fatalities! That would be the ULTIMATE insult...

Hopefully they are doing the right thing and will make arrangements with Shawn for exchange of the corrected cartridges.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Syxx573 said:
Must have been galfordo's letter.

Or the japanese complaints :smirk:

But I really think that's a bugfix only. They are explaining too much about 'why' they censored the game, for a uncensoring announcement. The last part sounds like just an apology.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
1st part is about problems with the bgm, the voice when you win and the training mode. becoz of these problems they are going to start accepting returns as of the 23 of this month.

the 2nd part is an apology for "betraying" the loyal fans by creating a home product that is different from the arcade version.

third part is a general apology becoz of the companies failure to live up to the standards the fans expect of the neo geo brand name...

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I feel bad for Shawn from the Neo Store.

He's sitting on dozens of these Samurai Shodown 5 Special carts that are defective, and that hardly anybody wants.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
In another thread Shawn said he sent an e-mail to SNK-P...its best to wait for the official answer:) Lets just hang in there...

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
1st part is about problems with the bgm, the voice when you win and the training mode. becoz of these problems they are going to start accepting returns as of the 23 of this month.

the 2nd part is an apology for "betraying" the loyal fans by creating a home product that is different from the arcade version.

third part is a general apology becoz of the companies failure to live up to the standards the fans expect of the neo geo brand name...

So does this mean they'll uncensor it or not? Geddon_jt spoke my mind before i could formulate the thought myself.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
You mean they are not going to fix the fatalities

and on top of that there are bugs in the Game

so now to get a true HOME version you have to get a Bug Fixed SSVS then find a way to enable the fatalities

......AAArrrrgggghhhhh

This has got to be a Nightmare.....Please God

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Big Bruno said:
You mean they are not going to fix the fatalities

and on top of that there are bugs in the Game

so now to get a true HOME version you have to get a Bug Fixed SSVS then find a way to enable the fatalities

......AAArrrrgggghhhhh

This has got to be a Nightmare.....Please God

Do you think that bug (victory voice/bg music) is related to the lockout? Normally when you win the announcer will say "sobodi" and the music will stop. (I just watched some of the gameplay videos that were on a-cho.com to double check to see if the arcade version had the bug...but it doesn't) Since they did the violence lockout maybe it just bypasses that part. Maybe at violence level 3 this bug would be corrected?
If it's only a bugfix, do you think they will remove the fatalities for good when they get the carts back in their possession? Perhaps they realize there are people here that are able to unlock the fatalities and want to prevent that.

drone9

Marked Wolf
beelzebubble said:

no real reason to translate this anymore. ;)
sorry, but no fix for the fatalities. only a bugfix.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
I just hope their "fix" does not mean totally locking out the Fatalities...preventing us from finding a way around it...

I remember what happened to the first batch of Jap Ps2 units (SCPH-10000) it had a glitch that would enable you to watch R1 dvds on an R2 machine...there was a vain recall to fix that "problem"

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I wonder if they're even going to fix the problem... or just recall the game.