Pinout for JHendrix's Universal Joysticks?

I keep reading about how great JHendrix's "Universal Joysticks" are, but I can't seem to be able to find any information on how exactly he wired them (the pinout on the plug itself is what I would really like). I have found many references to the sticks on these forums, most notably here:

JHendrix's Universal Joysticks ver. 4.0

I see mention of the need to wire up four separate "common" lines (for strict compatibility with some console controllers such as the PS2 and maybe Xbox), among other things. The problem is that the links that I have tried to follow have turned up "not found" errors, so I can't find any concrete info on how this was achieved.

As I said, I would really like a pinout for the plug, and of course I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about how the buttons and sticks are actually wired. I have been sketching and planning a pinout and layout for a set of sticks that does exactly what these seem to do, but then I ran across references to JHendrix's work. It seems to me that if someone who knows what they are doing has already built a few iterations and made improvements, it would be silly not to utilize their expertise.

Can anyone elaborate?

Last edited: