GamePro 192 mentions SVCC on Xbox... with mistakes.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'll retype the article, what is with popular game sites/mags just not knowing SVCC? Mistakes in bold, my comments at the bottom.
"You've played Capcom's version. Now get ready for SNK's take on what is perhaps the best tag-team matchup in all of arcade fighting. Chaos brings together 36 brawlers from Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, The King of Fighters, and Street Fighter *--16 of which are boss characters and two that are exclusive to this game, Shiki and Athena. During competition, you'll be able to use SNK's patented Forward Ground Step move along with the three-level power gauge, which increases the potency of your special moves **. Best of all, however, is that you can go mano a mano with someone else on Xbox Live.--Four-Eyed Dragon

*That's it? Nope...
**This isn't Alpha or CvS.

Still it gets me pumped since I'm gonna own the PCB soon (once I get a money order I'm expecting, it's mine).

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
From the way I read it, they mean tag-team by it being SNK vs. Capcom. Not the best choice of words obviously since it leads you to believe it's a team based fighter. And Shiki (as a 2D sprite) is an exclusive to this game, but it's odd that they wouldn't mention Zero, Demitri, or Mars People. Seems like a very poorly written and mildly researched article.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
DanAdamKOF said:
I'll retype the article, what is with popular game sites/mags just not knowing SVCC? Mistakes in bold, my comments at the bottom.
"You've played Capcom's version. Now get ready for SNK's take on what is perhaps the best tag-team matchup in all of arcade fighting. Chaos brings together 36 brawlers from Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, The King of Fighters, and Street Fighter *--16 of which are boss characters and two that are exclusive to this game, Shiki and Athena. During competition, you'll be able to use SNK's patented Forward Ground Step move along with the three-level power gauge, which increases the potency of your special moves **. Best of all, however, is that you can go mano a mano with someone else on Xbox Live.--Four-Eyed Dragon

*That's it? Nope...
**This isn't Alpha or CvS.

Still it gets me pumped since I'm gonna own the PCB soon (once I get a money order I'm expecting, it's mine).

Cool..Thanks for the info.

This magazine came in the mail today..Sometimes they sit for awhile but I'd like to check this article out..

Off to the shitter I go... :tickled:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
OmegaSaber said:
From the way I read it, they mean tag-team by it being SNK vs. Capcom. Not the best choice of words obviously since it leads you to believe it's a team based fighter. And Shiki (as a 2D sprite) is an exclusive to this game, but it's odd that they wouldn't mention Megaman, Demitri, or Mars People. Seems like a very poorly written and mildly researched article.

Gah, talk about misinterpretations. But I seriously think they meant the Xbox port when referring to "this game", but like you said they worded it poorly.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
OmegaSaber said:
From the way I read it, they mean tag-team by it being SNK vs. Capcom. Not the best choice of words obviously since it leads you to believe it's a team based fighter. And Shiki (as a 2D sprite) is an exclusive to this game, but it's odd that they wouldn't mention Megaman, Demitri, or Mars People. Seems like a very poorly written and mildly researched article.
You mean Zero, not MegaMan.

Gamepro is a crappy magazine, the mistakes don't surprise me. I pray it gets the attention of some noobs who will buy/support it and it will catch on to the next gen gamers.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
SnairDogg said:
You mean Zero, not MegaMan.

Gamepro is a crappy magazine, the mistakes don't surprise me. I pray it gets the attention of some noobs who will buy/support it and it will catch on to the next gen gamers.

I highly doubt it'll catch on, since the game sucks.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Amix said:

I personally love my Grey GMVS Cart of this game, play it every day too. SVC Chaos isn't great by a long shot but it's got it's charm. Some like it and some hate it... guess you hate it is all. GAMEPRO does suck donkey balls though.

MERCENARY X99

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Amix said:

This is the truth, most fighting gamers hate the game. Its okay every now and then with friends, but the game is garbage for competitive play.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SVCC is a bitch to play for deep competition. I always fear that next choice.
Making the sub bosses playable ruins it competitively.
I fear when some lunatic uses O Iori and does high jumping cross ups.
My slow ass Mr Karate cant even compare.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This is the truth, most fighting gamers hate the game. Its okay every now and then with friends, but the game is garbage for competitive play.

Amen. Utterly laughable that Playmore would try to get $50 for this piece of shit.
At that rate, what's a console version of Last Blade 2 or Garou worth? $150? Sheeit.
I'll be buying SF Anniversary and GG Reloaded for teh Bawks, kthxbye.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Loopz said:
Amen. Utterly laughable that Playmore would try to get $50 for this piece of shit.
At that rate, what's a console version of Last Blade 2 or Garou worth? $150? Sheeit.
I'll be buying SF Anniversary and GG Reloaded for teh Bawks, kthxbye.

It's going to be fifty bucks? Well shit. GGX2#R is only twenty :annoyed:

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Amix said:
It's going to be fifty bucks? Well shit. GGX2#R is only twenty :annoyed:

You can get SF Collection (30 bucks) and GGXX#R (20 bucks) for the same price as SvC Chaos for XBox. I don't care who you are... the better deal is the former, not the latter.

And I agree, SvC Chaos is not a very good game. Definitely not worth 50 bucks. CvS2 is a much better value, and that game is cheaper. So is Metal Slug 4 for XBox.