A Final Farewell Message ...

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
SNK Playmore wishes NEOGEO Fans a final farewell...

snkfinalfarewell.gif

:crying:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
:crying: Indeed Tip.

It's been a great run. sad to see the neo go but at least we are left with some amazing games.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah. Gotta say I love all of you guys here like brothers.
Its funny, when I meet a fellow neo fan in person, its just like someone you've known your whole life.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Brings a tear to my eyes.... How many gaming companies give a personal thanks for buying their games? Neo Geo will always be the most unique and personal system I will ever own, bar none.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Deja Vu.

Remember when SNK had a "Farewell" pic like 5 years ago with like a ton of characters, and it said "Thank you for your support" or something similar? It was up on their web site before it was taken down...

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Very nice to see that. It was a GREAT run folks, and I'm excited to see what SNK has in store for us in the future!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Stinky-Dinkins is sad.
even dinkins is showing emotion, that's how you know this is important. :crying:

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Freelancer said:
Where is this farewell message printed/posted?

This message can be found on the back page of the manual for Samurai Shodown V Special (English Version).

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Tip,

Would you happen to have the pic from 5 years ago that had all of the SNK characters in it. I would love to save that on my hard drive.

Phillip

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
Deja Vu.

Remember when SNK had a "Farewell" pic like 5 years ago with like a ton of characters, and it said "Thank you for your support" or something similar? It was up on their web site before it was taken down...

5 years ago!?.......um, no.I believe it was when SNK japan closed which was about 2 to 3 years ago at max.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
Tip,

Would you happen to have the pic from 5 years ago that had all of the SNK characters in it. I would love to save that on my hard drive.

Phillip

That would be a great tribute pic to post here.

Anyway, there went the last remaining bit of my childhood. I'm officially a boring adult now .... :( :crying:

Ah well, hopefully those big old hulking carts will endure the test of time and give me another 14 years of enjoyment.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
14 years is a hell of a long time though.

I wasn't even ten when the NEO came out. Back then, shit like SNK or MVS or QCBx2 didn't exist for me; i just knew there was this crazy-weird game where you were a guy witch or something and the bosses were huge and the graphics looked SO COOL!!!!!

Things end. Other things take their places. But if i can remember that feeling i had down at the Papa Gino's looking up at some strange big red machine (with - OMG -more than one game in it? SO COOL!!!!), the NEO will never be dead, and it'll never be about collections and money and classic inserts and disappointing new games

It'll be about that feeling, and damn is it a good one.

edit - fucking cliches, fuck...i hope someone will say it a hell of a lot more eloquently than i can. Damn television and drugs ruined my expressiveness, just like they've ruined my ability to...to, um..... uh..........

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Gentlemen, we have truly lived the golden age of videogames. I don't think you'll ever see a time like this ever again.

Just think of all the innovations we've seen in the last 14 years. We've seen the birth of what are now tried and true gameplay concepts and their perfection. We've seen the advent of 2D gaming and its zenith. No other videogame generation will be able to match the excitement and innovation of the 16 bit generation.

It was truly a pleasure to be able to play SNK games in heated arcade competition, to match up against someone on Fatal Fury special or to fight along side a friend against the forces of evil in Metal Slug. Franticly smashing the buttons and trying not to get lost in the amazing animation.

We were the last Arcade generation and SNK was the last arcade company.

My heartfelt thanks goes out to SNK for all they did for the art of gaming.
Mike

aria

Former Moderator
Meh, give them a few years to toy with this whole AtomisWave stuff, when it tanks, they'll be back ;)

Seriously though, at least they got to end it on their own terms -I like the fact that its was the last page of the last manual. That's something.

[DOUBLE EXTRA BONUS: Not only that, but they also took the time to proof read it!]

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
3 years, 5 years whatever.

Thanks for the posting the pic.

I'm starting to wondering if things would have been better off if SNK just stopped making games for the Neo Geo then instead of now. SS5 could have been on a different system, and better.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
It's sad to see it go, but atleast it had a great run.