KOF Neowave Price

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
http://www.pign.net/

KOF Neowave will be available for 3,000 US dollars, approximately. This price includes Atomiswave cabinet, Atomiswave system and KOF Neowave game. The game will only be available in bundle with Atomiswave system and cabinet.

Well that's a bummer.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, so far the amount of AW cabs/boards in North-America is almost non-existant, so they are relasing this bundle for quite a low price (arcade-wise) to try to expand their market, as this should be their first big title.
However this sucks for arcade-operators that could have put it in an "old" JAMMA cab. Anyway I'm sure you'll be able to buy the game without the cab in he future.

Does anyone have a link to what these cabinets look like? I'm just currious if they will be mini cabinets, like the ones in Japan. That would really be something if mini cabs started poping up in US arcades.

Thanks,

Criterionradiohead ;)

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
I kind of like the US AW cabs. They do look a bit "industrial", but I like the small size. My local Wal-Mart has a Ranger Mission, and when I went to see Spider-Man 2 last week at my nearest theater, there were two AW cabs (Ranger Mission and Sports Shooting). However, I almost didn't notice them, as they were sitting next to a Metal Slug 5 Neo cab...

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Yeah, they got the Sport Shooting cab up at Cabella's in Michigan, I really like that Japanese sit-down style, but the US industrial doesn't tickle my pickle. It reminds me of the Sega Naomi cab that I've seen a bunch of Virtua Tennis's in. I just like the cabs to have some guts to em', A little bit of girth..I guess that us version would be pretty cool in someones game room.

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
ViceMikey said:
I just like the cabs to have some guts to em', A little bit of girth..I guess that us version would be pretty cool in someones game room.

Don't get me wrong; I like the old-school cab style better than the AW or Naomi small cab design. However, for a house like mine, I might actually be able to find a corner for one of the small cabs, whereas a larger cab is totally out of the question.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Problems with arcades these days is that they aren't too big about promoting future titles and building up hype for new stuff coming into market. Most arcades get new games (IF THEY STILL DO) and one day you show up and its there. They hurt themselves by not getting the word out.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I hear that man, I've had a hell of a time getting cabs in and out of my house..That Atomiswave cab would make an excellent Jamma cab for someone with limited door clearance or limited space...I bet that sucker weighs about 1/2 as much as some of the cabs that have made there way up my steps and scraped through my doors..

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
NeoCverA said:
Problems with arcades these days is that they aren't too big about promoting future titles and building up hype for new stuff coming into market. Most arcades get new games (IF THEY STILL DO) and one day you show up and its there. They hurt themselves by not getting the word out.

I agree with you, but there's not a whole lot of promotion to be had really, How many new titles have hit the arcade scene in the last year, excluding any DDR or quirky non-gamer b.s...What like a few atomiswave games...It's been a sad past 10 yrs. for the arcade, In some of the old-school or *purist gamers eyes the arcades have been dead since the mid to late 80's..The most these poor ops can do is put up a poster.. GOD BLESS YOU BRAVE OPS FOR HOLDING ON!