SNK to expand (aka news likely to give x_tooshort_x a heart attack)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Eurogamer.net recently held an interview with SNK bigwigs Yoshihito Koyama (his second big interview, the first of which you can check in the other news post below) and Shinya Morishita. Lots of interesting points were discussed, and here's what's new that was revealed.

Ignition, SNK's choice for their publisher in the European market, was a contender amongst many other, and sometimes huge companies. SNK chose them because they're small, but very dedicated to SNK's products, and also house some staff members from Planet Distribution, who published SNK's Neo-Geo Pocket Color related products in the past.

Ignition houses a small development studio known as Awesome Studios. Its hinted that SNK may use them for some development projects in the future, which would mean that SNK could have its first foreign dedicated development team (a la Nintendo's Retro Studios). They stated however that they will be staying strictly with their own development teams for current projects in the works.

SNK will not be creating a new European office of their own. All duties that would be held by such an office will be done by Ignition instead.

SNK is making one of the greatest decisions any game company could ever make, and will be trying their hardest to release future titles at the same date worldwide, rather than different regional release times. X-Box titles will have a much greater chance of doing so, as the regional conversion is considerably easier than it is with the PS2.

The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact will definetely not be their last 3D title to come. Not only are they looking at bringing other franchises to the home console market in 3D, but they will also be branching out and creating entirely new franchies. Ones hinted at were an epic action style game like Onimusha, and one that has a large stealth emphasis like Tenchu. They stated that they will announce these new games at the next Tokyo Game Show.

Unlike Capcom, they will not be abandoning their 2D games for 3D, and will actively support both.

They hinted at a possible turnaround on their policy regarding the Gamecube, at least for the US. Previously SNK said they would not consider any development for the GC, but they might reconsider as the market in the US is seen as large enough to possibly turn a profit.

They gave their opinion on why the X-Box has largely bombed in Japan. Apparently its due to the fact that the system has a feeling of being huge (and well...it is ) and expensive (perhaps at launch but definetely not now), and that people like things small Japan (there's a few dirty jokes there but I'll leave them to the readers' capable minds).

SNK has plans to develop for either the Playstation Portable or the Nintendo DS. Which one they'll develop for depends on which is the most likelyhood of success. As a result, its pretty unlikely that we'll be seeing any titles for either system until they've become established in the market.

Well, I don't know about you folks, but anyway you slice it, things are looking very bright for SNK in both Europe and the rest of the world. If they can maintain a high level of quality, they just might become a large contendor in the world of gaming again instead of just a niche market company.

http://www.pign.net

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
It's no like I will be buying their newer games, specially on
the box, or ps2.

You can go ahead and do that.

I have 151 games to play in my AES/MVS library. Thank you.

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Fygee said:
(there's a few dirty jokes there but I'll leave them to the readers' capable minds).

You know what Woody Allen and Bayer aspirin have in common?

They both come in little yellow boxes.

Curt

apostate
It's definately good news for SNKP,

I'd just like to see them churn out something quality, thats original, and not a rehash of something old....

I doubt that will happen though... Like xToo_Short20x said... thats why theres the AES/MVS... thats where the real SNK gold lies...

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
xtoo_short20x said:
It's no like I will be buying their newer games, specially on
the box, or ps2.

You can go ahead and do that.

I have 151 games to play in my AES/MVS library. Thank you.

Ahhh... the provincial view of xTSx, where would the assumed personas of NG.Com be without you?

I bet you hated it when the Internet came out, too, huh?

"Huh? SNK has a WEBSITE??? They didn't have one when the Neo came out! Fuck it!"

:rolleyes:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Tom Wopat said:
You know what Woody Allen and Bayer aspirin have in common?

They both come in little yellow boxes.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Yeah. Yellow boxes. hehehehe.

SNKJorge

Sorry Mr. Vanilla, but I can like whatever the fuck I want.
Stop being a pathetic idiot, we're @ neo-geo.com after all.

VanillaThunder said:
Ahhh... the provincial view of xTSx, where would the assumed personas of NG.Com be without you?

I bet you hated it when the Internet came out, too, huh?

"Huh? SNK has a WEBSITE??? They didn't have one when the Neo came out! Fuck it!"

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I don't care about which system they are on.

I just enjoy SNK's games.

Tacitus

Staff member
xtoo_short20x said:
Sorry Mr. Vanilla, but I can like whatever the fuck I want.

Yeah, but we all don't have to hear about what you think about it all the time, either.. do we?

Stop being a pathetic idiot, we're @ neo-geo.com after all.

Yeah, but look at the description of the forum you're in...

"Announce news or rumors that surface."

Notice "Neo Related" is missing.. also.. it says nothing about "Inane opinions on every thread in here."

Shut the fuck up.

Don't like the news? Don't like where the company is going? Open your own fucking message board.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Fygee said:
They hinted at a possible turnaround on their policy regarding the Gamecube, at least for the US. Previously SNK said they would not consider any development for the GC, but they might reconsider as the market in the US is seen as large enough to possibly turn a profit.

http://www.pign.net

looks like talking to them is finally paying off :D :buttrock:

†B†V†

SNKJorge

Now you're just being silly.
The forums are here so that we can all express our thoughts
on our hobby. If I am a Neo•Geo Fanboy, big fucking deal.
Live with it. If you guys like SNK games in other systems,
I couldn't give a fuck, I let you be.

I'm not shutting the fuck up, not anytime soon..

I couldn't give a fuck about these news really, it just that it had my
name on it, so I felt the need to come in and expresss my
opinion, and I will continue to do so, whenever the fuck I want.
Thanks.

VanillaThunder said:
Yeah, but we all don't have to hear about what you think about it all the time, either.. do we?

Yeah, but look at the description of the forum you're in...

"Announce news or rumors that surface."

Notice "Neo Related" is missing.. also.. it says nothing about "Inane opinions on every thread in here."

Shut the fuck up.

Don't like the news? Don't like where the company is going? Open your own fucking message board.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
If I am a Neo•Geo Fanboy, big fucking deal.
Live with it.

You're a little mole-shit of a fanboy and you have flames coming out of your mouth.

I have no idea what I mean by that. I didn't even think it through... I just let my fingers do the dancing.

Dinkins for mod.

SNKJorge

Stinky-Dinkins said:
You're a little mole-shit of a fanboy and you have flames coming out of your mouth.

I have no idea what I mean by that. I didn't even think it through... I just let my fingers do the dancing.

Dinkins for mod.

I must be a dragon then? :tickled:

Tacitus

Staff member
xtoo_short20x said:
If you guys like SNK games in other systems,
I couldn't give a fuck, I let you be.

Do you actually read what you type before you click submit?

P.S. I'm surprised you haven't marched into the NGPC forums and said "It's not NeoGeo Related, fuck your threads."

:tickled:

The new war cry should be:

xtoo_short20x for mod!
If they're going to kill the Neo, let's take the NG.Com with it!

:lol:

SNKJorge

No, Vanilla, the NGPC, is actually a SNK system.
So I have no problem with it. It's a lot different
than a PS2 or XBox.

VanillaThunder said:
Do you actually read what you type before you click submit?

P.S. I'm surprised you haven't marched into the NGPC forums and said "It's not NeoGeo Related, fuck your threads."

:tickled:

The new war cry should be:

xtoo_short20x for mod!
If they're going to kill the Neo, let's take the NG.Com with it!

:lol: