Eurogamer: Ignition to publish SNK games in Europe.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Not sure if this has been posted already (I scanned down the topic titles in News and Rumors and didnt see anything that seemed similar).
Eurogamer reported some interesting news regarding UK/European distribution of SNK games, and some hints towards SNK trying its hand at a Tenchu/Onimusha style game soley for the home consoles.
I know Ignitions announcement to publish MS3 and MS Advance isnt exactly new, but the article does go a bit beyond that.

Link:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56002

To anyone who is wondering who Ignition are - they previously published Pool Paridise.
(thats a lotta words begining with the letter 'P' in that scentence :D )

Last edited:

JFlex

Marked Wolf
Eurogamer: What arcade games have you got coming out in Japan now?

Shinya Morishita: We released our franchise titles, such as King Of Fighters and Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown.

Eurogamer: And what hardware is that running on?

Shinya Morishita: Sammy's hardware system.

Eurogamer: Is that something you're going to be sticking with for some time or have you got plans to ramp up to a more powerful technology?

Yoshihito Koyama: We haven't decided. At this moment we say no, but someone told me some rumours about a Neo Geo motherboard 2, or something, but at this moment we are not planning to continue to develop arcade pieces

:spock: :spock: :spock:

Yoshihito's comment has me perplexed. A "neo geo motherboard 2"? I would think the #3 honcho at SNK and Director of overseas operation would know whether or not they are developing a new motherboard. I also find it odd that he said, they don't have any plans to continue their development of arcade games. He must mean for the European market, right? Because this would contradict announcements of SS AW, and MS6 for the Atomiswave, which is specifically for the arcades. This article definitely has SNKP leaning toward home console development only.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
JFlex said:
Eurogamer: What arcade games have you got coming out in Japan now?

Shinya Morishita: We released our franchise titles, such as King Of Fighters and Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown.

Eurogamer: And what hardware is that running on?

Shinya Morishita: Sammy's hardware system.

Eurogamer: Is that something you're going to be sticking with for some time or have you got plans to ramp up to a more powerful technology?

Yoshihito Koyama: We haven't decided. At this moment we say no, but someone told me some rumours about a Neo Geo motherboard 2, or something, but at this moment we are not planning to continue to develop arcade pieces

:spock: :spock: :spock:

Yoshihito's comment has me perplexed. A "neo geo motherboard 2"? I would think the #3 honcho at SNK and Director of overseas operation would know whether or not they are developing a new motherboard. I also find it odd that he said, they don't have any plans to continue their development of arcade games. He must mean for the European market, right? Because this would contradict announcements of SS AW, and MS6 for the Atomiswave, which is specifically for the arcades. This article definitely has SNKP leaning toward home console development only.

He didn't say arcade games, he said arcade pieces, which I am guessing means arcade hardware.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
This basically confirms KOF2004 and MSAW are going to be 3D, i guess?

"Metal Slug and King Of Fighters titles, [...] looking to next year the firms will finally be unleashing 3D, home specific versions of both for launch simultaneously across the world"

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
Dio_Brando said:
This basically confirms KOF2004 and MSAW are going to be 3D, i guess?

"Metal Slug and King Of Fighters titles, [...] looking to next year the firms will finally be unleashing 3D, home specific versions of both for launch simultaneously across the world"

He is talking about home specific titles, so there is a possibility that the franchises will continue in 2d for arcade, but have a 3d spin-off for the home consoles. Like the new 3d KoF being created for PS2.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Halox said:
He is talking about home specific titles, so there is a possibility that the franchises will continue in 2d for arcade, but have a 3d spin-off for the home consoles. Like the new 3d KoF being created for PS2.

Ah, yes. You can´t use AW for home-only releases! Thanks.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Nice read... sounds like the console specific games will all be 3D and the arcade could be either 2D or 3D. I am all for a mix of both, I think that a 3D SS could be really sweet if done correctly. :D

Orochi Iori Y said:
Nice read... sounds like the console specific games will all be 3D and the arcade could be either 2D or 3D. I am all for a mix of both, I think that a 3D SS could be really sweet if done correctly. :D

Well, actually a 3D SS was done correctly not once but twice. ;)
They were Samurai Showdown 64, and Samurai Showdown 64 2: Warrior's Rage both for the ill fated Hyper Neo Geo 64.

Charles