THE FIRST TIME YOU EVER SAW AN MVS...

Ukyo

20 Year Member
I remember seeing an MVS for the first time at the "8 BALL ARCADE" It just kept flashing in my face, in my eyes, burning into my head...

NEO GEO
MAX 330 MEGA PRO GEAR SPEC
SNK

NEO GEO
SNK

NEO GEO
SNK

Today...I carry a small picture of the NEO GEO Boot up screen in my wallet...its even placed before my girlfriend's picture...LOL

-Ukyo

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
LOL

Someone is playing second best it seems. I remember my first encounter with an MVS system at a local family arcade called 'Fun World'. Nam '75 and Magician Lord had me hooked for weeks, and I didn't even think twice about purchasing a cart system when they were available. I love my Neo-Geo systems (Neo cart system, Neo CDZ, 2 Neo Pocket Colors, and MVS)and I wouldnt part with them for anything in the world! All right, maybe I would part with my equipment for a Neo Geo World franchise -- that would kick major ass!

C

charles

That is funny.
smile.gif

I saw an MVS for the first time at my local arcade when I was in my early to mid teens. I remember playing a lot of Fatal Fury on it, but I can't remember what other games were loaded on it. Perhaps AOF??

Anyway, I have been a huge fan of SNK since then, 91 or 92 (?). Luckily I have a supportive fiancee who doesn't mind my Neo obsession. Her picture is still first in my wallet though =)

Charles

Ransom

n00b
It was in the early 1990's, probably around 1992. A 7 Eleven in the San Fernando valley. I walked over and played "Magician Lord" immediately. Baseball Stars was the other game on this 2-slot machine. It was 50 cents!

I didn't continue to drop money in, because there was a nearby Laserdisc/hi-end video store that had a Neo Geo Gold running in the back room all the time, and you could sit down and play Magician lord for free. On a 12 foot front projection TV, no less. Truly awesome.