monitor help

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
hi
recently ive bought a 2 candy cabs but im having a problem with the cab with the horizotal screen in it,when i picked it up the screen was fine but just recently ive noticed a white line down the left side of the screen about 1/2 inch thick ive tryed to play with the settings on the monitor but ive had no luck getting rid of it,its a lot more noticable when the screens brightness is higher,also i have it stood next to another candy cab (not sure if this would effect it tho)
any help would be great
cheers
Trev :help:

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
run an additional wire from the mobo ground to the monitor ground.
You need as little resistance as possible between the two.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:

Hi ttoodddyy thanks for the help
i think the guy i bought the cab from done a ground mod on the cab already,hes put a jumper wire on the power supply

Okay ..I'm quoting from those in the know .. apparently, even if it's emmanating from the cabinet, the solution is easy ... I quote "you need to connect a jumper wire on your power supply between the "Frame Ground" terminal and the DC output Ground terminal"

I decided to use my own cab as the dummy for the 'interference' issue mentioned above. One jumper wire (I just cut an old piece of earth wire I had lying around) - three inches long - fitted in two minutes - The picture is absolutely perfect, crystal clear 100% of the time. Thanks again Ken for explaining that to me!

heres the txt from the guy i bought it from,do you think this could be causing it

cheers

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:

ttooddddyy could you explain to me how to do this mod, also im being a bit stupid but whats a mobo :emb:

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
mother

Trevor spencer said:
ttooddddyy could you explain to me how to do this mod, also im being a bit stupid but whats a mobo :emb:

mobo is short for motherboard,the main printed circuit board that every thing plugs into....ie power supply,monitor..

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
heres some pics for reference

1-picture2.jpg

1-picture1.jpg

Last edited: