deadlyrave.com is set

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
For those who followed my thread in General Discussion:

The transfer has completed. I've been working very hard to get things going.
Currently I have Takumaji's support on additions. Hes wrote some good stuff as many of you may know, and hes contributing some of his stuff to DR. I will try to have that up soon, and I'll keep you posted.

http://www.deadlyrave.com is in full spirit. Its best viewed with IE at this time, and I am slowly-but-surely activating sections. Its a ton of work to get things right because I am brand new at making a site of this style.

The mp3's section is going to be fun. I have a vast array of NGCD games I can rip songs from and convert to mp3's. This idea is something NBM started here, so credit the dude.
Also, my dsl will be here next friday, so I can get stuff up (such as combo vids, and maybe even some compet when I get a capture card)

So far I have 4 wallpapers up. 3 of which are some I did in Photoshop 6, (from some cels I scanned from the Fatal Fury anime series) I used the NEO GEO logo on the krauser one from daddlekingz's neo wp, so creds to the dude.

The tourney section will have info on tourneys regarding neo/snk games, and I will try to keep current with that.
I've updated the menu to be more royal blue as opposed to baby blue. A relative of mine said that it would look better if it wasnt so light, I tested around and I worked this to what is now.
Everything is still basic, but bookmark the site or even contribute your faq's/reviews/omake if you would like, all things will be credited to the sender and I can slowly build the site up.

The message boards need to be worked out. These boards were converted to DR just recently, so I gotta do work with the colors on these, and I need to get a submission area fixed to do anything.

Arakon Kaizen

Crazed MVS Addict
okay.

YOu may want to check on the legality of those mp3 rips before you post them.

Also wouldn't hurt to tone down that Blue BG a bit, IMO. the white text on that bright of a blue kind of hurts my eyes. Go with a more nuetral blue

try
R 14
G 55
B 161

I think it would help you out. but its all good.

later

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
nice!

if you need someone to help out, i can write reviews or previews for your site. i can also help with 'some' of the html layout.

i say some, cuz i'm not that gifted, although, i've taken a class in it. =P

just drop me an e-mail if you need some help. =)

bryan

Joined up LWK! It'll be another fun alternative of forum discussion! Good job and thanks! :buttrock:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Cool man, can't wait to see what you cook up with this site.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Congrats on your new site.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
congrats guys very well done
I'm gonna join right now

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
a lot of links on your site dont't work, atleast not in firefox

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Arakon Kaizen said:
You may want to check on the legality of those mp3 rips before you post them.

if the legal issue with mp3 rips gets settled, I have the FF3 & KOF 10th Anniversary Music CD that I'll see if I can pull stuff for ya if you need, LWK

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Thanks for the support guys!
Okay Bryan, I would love the submissions, I'll email after this post.

Changes for today include:
Reviews section is now pic based. No more text-to-click reviews. Small gif's replace this, and the author of any submitted review will get a gif with there name at the bottom of the picture.
The main page title image is done with 'neon glow' in the text area. This makes it easier to read as the royal blue isnt as dark as before.
Arakon, I will see what I can do. If you mean the dr bg then I can easily make another with a slightly lighter color.

Also none of the areas of the site are directory based outside of reviews and wallpapers. This makes loads a little easier on 56 K users. (I am one, I know how much it can suck)
MP3 page was discontinued because I don't want to risk any infringement.

Thanks to you guys for joining the forums. I need to get them to fix a certain issue with its template thats got me cornered on changing the board further.
This won't mean pop ups.
Omake submissions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

daveX

n00b
When I was choosing the domain name for my site www.deadlyrave.com was the first one i picked cause several people suggested it to me but it was taken! nice to know it turned out to be used for a fighting game site instead of something completely unrelated.
EDIT: I'm updating my site's news now. I'll mention your site. hope it helps!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
daveX said:
When I was choosing the domain name for my site www.deadlyrave.com was the first one i picked cause several people suggested it to me but it was taken! nice to know it turned out to be used for a fighting game site instead of something completely unrelated.
EDIT: I'm updating my site's news now. I'll mention your site. hope it helps!

Man thanks a bunch for the mention. I am making a links page right now and you are added. I love the layout of your site to. That chun li tiles very fast and nicely, and I'm on a 56 currently.
Keep up the good work.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
http://www.deadlyrave.com/links.html

The links section is up. I hope that the people I didnt ask permission to link to are cool with it. If you are not and you see this, please let me know.

Also:
I had a number of small buttons, but I feel that the 160 width ones are better and show a decent image preview of the site it signifies.
If you want to be added and you are a gamer site in any form and pertain to SNK, Capcom, Neo Geo etc. Please email me a pic with a width of 160 and a height from 39-54 at lwk@deadlyrave.com

I'm gonna email you now bryan, sorry I didnt get around to doing it earlier, been mad busy.

To the newer board members. Thanks for joining the dr forums, it was once called TLA and has been converted. Also, there is a nice bg that is missing from those boards, when I get some kinks worked out, the bg will be back.
If any of you want a custom avatar, please feel free to upload it and use it. The file attachment is there to be used. Just try not to be like me and upload tons of images. Its only a 10 meg upload for the boards.

daveX

n00b
Thanks for the praise and the link! I'll be adding you to the affiliates shortly. which character do you want on the banner? =)

So you know, my site isn't just for Capcom. It's for all fighting games (at least I'm trying to have it be for all of them). You'll notice the non-capcom related news and the fatal fury screenpack. I'm coming out with more unrelated content to keep an eye out! =)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Okay thats cool. I'll change the description in the next update.

SSS

neo retired
Nice site. Just to be an ass, I read your LB2 review. Technically Zantetsu's AC infinite isn't a "true" infinite as damage stops at 180 points (I believe). Of course you could do it until time ran out, but if you were playing on infinite time it would be somewhat pointless.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Nice site. Just to be an ass, I read your LB2 review. Technically Zantetsu's AC infinite isn't a "true" infinite as damage stops at 180 points (I believe). Of course you could do it until time ran out, but if you were playing on infinite time it would be somewhat pointless.

Well this could also be true for 97 terry's cA to hcf+b. They will dizzy eventually.
It depends on your definition of what a inf is. To me its a series of unstoppable cheese. In which that is unstoppable, same with 97 terry and the old school redizzy combos.

I mean its not like the rb2 sway infinites, garou counter reaction ones.
Those being done by the person on the receiving end responding to it so it can continue. Those arent true infinites.
When I can do nothing against someone constantly tapping AC over and over, that would be and inf.
You kind of answered your own 'plausable' question, because you say "Of course you could do it until time ran out, but if you were playing on infinite time it would be somewhat pointless." So simply it is and inf, since its endless and goes on infinitely, regardless of time or energy constraints.

Btw, thanks for the compliment on the site. I am counting the days till my dsl gets here and the vids are going up. That will be a real treat.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
When I can do nothing against someone constantly tapping AC over and over, that would be and inf.

I guess. I would love to see someone pull off the AC for a whole match, without messing up. Of course a Hori stick would be cheating.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
I guess. I would love to see someone pull off the AC for a whole match, without messing up. Of course a Hori stick would be cheating.

You just gotta make sure you press them at the same time in intervals. Its like tapping, just a whole lot easier.
Like in the cyberfan vids how siryx gets like 12+ sB's with angel.
This is the same way I learned takuma's taps, heavy D's *easiest sob of all* and terry's 97 cA's, followed by hcf x 2 b/d sdm/dm.
The really hard tapping involves consistency with chars like shermie in 98. That I respect, cause I would have to put alot of practice into it to get it down.