OMFG No more Neo (possibly old news)

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Now that the Neo Geo AES is out we would have to rely on ports...Do you guys think any of the 128 bit consoles can handle Atomiswave games well?

C0ldmud

n00b
Eliza said:
Now that the Neo Geo AES is out we would have to rely on ports...Do you guys think any of the 128 bit consoles can handle Atomiswave games well?

Well, according to the specs the AW is sort off a dreamcast, so you're answer might be there..
aw specs

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
C0ldmud said:
Well, according to the specs the AW is sort off a dreamcast, so you're answer might be there..
aw specs

WOW!!! thanks I wish the Dreamcast was still in the market...
The Sammy vs Capcom sounds interesting...

Last edited:

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
Maybe, one of the advantages of owning an NGH system is the ability of the debug bios to switch regions and modes. With the 128-bit systems, it is ultimately going to cost us more money if we have to import.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Eliza said:

Dreamcast and PS2 can. X-Box can, and according to the people that imported GGXX#R, it looks even better.

winter said:
Maybe, one of the advantages of owning an NGH system is the ability of the debug bios to switch regions and modes. With the 128-bit systems, it is ultimately going to cost us more money if we have to import.

The Naomi-based GG ports had the option to switch from the Korean version (with different voice-actors and soundtracks) to the International version of the game(s).

The games also have extras.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
X said:
Better how?

Sprites look sharper and no animation cuts like the PS2 version (i assume the PS2 can´t fully mimic the Naomi, while the X-Box can?). We have to remember the Naomi is more powerful than the AW.

But that´s just from reading forums.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
It looks like the X-Box will be the system of choice for us to continue with our 2-D gaming fix

1.Metal Slug 3
2.SVC Chaos
3.GG XX reload

I hope they plan on porting most if not all Atomiswave games...
(Time to dust off the black and green "toaster")

Last edited:

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
Not really at this point Eliza. Those games are still available on the NGH hardware. Granted, Metal Slug 3 is an exact port.

The only thing that could make the ports better though is being able to use my old style stick. I have not found a better controller than the oss.

Eliza said:
It looks like the X-Box will be the system of choice for us to continue with our 2-D gaming fix

1.Metal Slug 3
2.SVC Chaos
3.GG XX reload

I hope they plan on porting most if not all Atomiswave games...
(Time to dust off the black and green "toaster")

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
someone tell trieu the atomiswave and dreamcast aren't 128bit for gods sake.

oh, and thank you playmore.

a) pickup neo
b) extend moneymaking franchises such as KOF and Metal Slug, concentrate on primarily nothing else, fuck new franchises, lets make slug6,7,8,9 and 10.
c) complain in all interviews that extending franchises such as KOF and Metal Slug has been 'hard', to find new, innovative features to improve gameplay/warrant making the 6th sequel in the first place.
d) tie the neos wrists, ply it with cheap vodka, slap it across the face and kick it out of the car passenger door while driving down a dusty freeway near the mexico border.
e) announce the Neo is dead.
f) insist 'new hardware' will actually make a difference and not new artists/coders.
g) pale in comparison to CAPCOM for the forseeable future.

*raises a glass*

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
The Neogeo is definitely my choice for gaming. The only other step I may make in the future is getting a jamma cab or supergun.

DarkHuman said:
i'm with you!

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
kernow said:
g) pale in comparison to CAPCOM for the forseeable future.

That last statement is the only one that doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, how has SNK or SNKP for that matter ever paled in comparison to Capcom? We haven't seen a new fighter from them in like 3 years, and Capcom Fighting Jam looks like it's going to be a total piece of crap. I don't think that SNKP has much to worry about from Capcom, at least for the time being. Maybe once Sammy vs. Capcom comes out, but who knows?

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I agree. Everything SNKP put on the Neo has been good.:) Albeit with the help of evoga and sun enterprises.

squareh4t3r said:
That last statement is the only one that doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, how has SNK or SNKP for that matter ever paled in comparison to Capcom? We haven't seen a new fighter from them in like 3 years, and Capcom Fighting Jam looks like it's going to be a total piece of crap. I don't think that SNKP has much to worry about from Capcom, at least for the time being. Maybe once Sammy vs. Capcom comes out, but who knows?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
squareh4t3r said:

viewtiful joe
resident evil 4
street fighter 3 third strike
CVS2 (yeah I said it)
Power Stone (christ that was years ago too)

Christ , I could go on all day. playmore can't touch capcom. SNK could though.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
You cannot compare games like Viewtiful Joe and RE4 to games like Samurai Shodown and Snk vs. Capcom: Chaos. We are talking about two completely different genres here.

Most people who like the Neo, like it because of the "types" of games it has. Many of us could care less about Viewtiful Joe or Resident Evil 4 (although, I do like resident evil but again different genre, different topic) and would much rather them put out a new slug or a new fighter.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
winter said:
I agree. Everything SNKP put on the Neo has been good.:) Albeit with the help of evoga and sun enterprises.

You forgot Noise Factory!!!!!!!111111111 :oh_no: :lol:

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
winter said:

So is there still hope???