New vocals for SVC on XBOX..

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Yeah, it even sounds like they Squeezed it in but it is something new and different. :spock:

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
very true... but "new" is not always good...
i will be getting this day 1... want to play online..
well until Halo 2 comes out... :drool_2:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
geekabilly said:
New SVC videos are up on IGN.COM when you watch the 1st on the match voice yells "Battle till you drop!!!" here is the link... i wonder what else will be new???

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/546/546478/vids_1.html

enjoy.. ;)

Technically it's not new, it's been there. I discovered it by flipping one of the debug dipswitches revealing a sound menu.

Normally, when a battle begins the Announcer says "Battle till you drop." But usually at the EXACT same time he says "drop" he says "fight!" Because of this I always thought it was "Battle till you die!" which I thought was cool. SNKp must've seen this and decided to tweak it (maybe they already did for the PS2 version, I dunno)

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Cain Highwind said:
Technically its not new; its been there. I discovered it by flipping one of the debug DIP switches, [thus] revealing a sound menu.

Normally, when a battle begins, the announcer says, "Battle 'till you drop!" But, usually at the exact same time he says "drop," he [also] says "Fight!" Because of this, I always thought it was, "Battle 'till you die," which I thought was cool. SNK-Playmore must've seen this and decided to tweak it (maybe they already did for the PlayStation 2 version, I dunno).

I was just about to say the very same thing.

Okay, you got me; I wasn't going to say any of that. :(

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I hope there's an option to turn on the real announcer. I think this one sounds alright, but I liked how the announcer screamed YOU WIN!!! or, NO ESCAPE!!!

But I'm happy as long as it plays well on XBox Live with no lag.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Cool il get this version...DashK was right...Nvidia does a a fine job with 2-D graphics...and I like the new sound sample...

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Right on, no need to spend any more money on this pile then you have to.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
The new impressions also mention a Color Edit Mode was available.

ROCK ON!!

But I need to get an XBox, and I have no money :crying:

Robert

20 Year Member
Concerning the color edit mode, I always found this option great but I always failed to make something interesting ( I tried on CvS). With the online option of the XbawX, it would be good if you could share your color edit "creation".

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Robert said:
Concerning the color edit mode, I always found this option great but I always failed to make something interesting ( I tried on CvS). With the online option of the XbawX, it would be good if you could share your color edit "creation".

I tend to agree. The only good ones I created were a Buriki One Ryo, a K' styled-Rock, a Kusanagi(2k2-3) scheme and a Rasetsumaru scheme for Haohmaru. Asides from those, there are some REALLY great ones made on Gamefaqs and on a couple sites with shots showing what they looked like.

I'm just happy they're including the feature. If there was anything I hated about SvC Chaos was the lack of extra colors. Only two colors per character, and most were very bland and boring.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I didn't look at the vids but it seems that the announcer makes sense this time. I thought it was "Battle to Fight!" which was all engrishy and cool (in the original that is).

Maybe Geese's winquote will be easy to understand. "You rub my discus", no... "You want to discuss?", no... "You shun my biznuss", no...

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Yeah just saw the vids myself. I was mistaken. It IS a new announcer, it's just that you hear "til you drop" better this time.

My bad.

According to IGN it's only 34% done.

SvC Pro anyone?

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
They sure as hell better not have changed "HEA COMES-A CHARENJAAAA!!!"

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Cain Highwind said:
Technically it's not new, it's been there. I discovered it by flipping one of the debug dipswitches revealing a sound menu.

Would you care to share which dipswitches activate the sound menu?

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
I like the voice, I dont know if better than the original but this is no the original anyway so I like the change.........what i dont like...... NOOOO BLOOODDDDDD :blow_top:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Shirt in a Can said:
They sure as hell better not have changed "HEA COMES-A CHARENJAAAA!!!"

I liked that too. The original announcer was voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama (aka Joe Higashi), which, IMHO, made it sound like Joe was in the announcer seat.

Though since it sounds like someone completetly new, I doubt it. :(

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Actually, I made some good ones for CvsS. One of them was a very neat looking Kyo that was an odd idea I had, to make one that was half-orochi. The idea came from taking Kyo, and trying to merge Goenitz and Shermie into to. I have the picture somewhere on my home machine, and I'd post the link whenever I find it again. (I'm currently not home to do it, though, nor make the screen capture).

But anyway, it's Kyo, white version of old suit, blue hair, but has both the Goenitz beard, and the Shermie (cover the eyes) hair do. All that just from a color edit. Very interesting, the patterns that Kyo's color registers fell into.

Hmm. I wonder about the blood issue too. Metal Slug 3 was nicely non-censored. Hope they didn't have a sudden change of heart for this one. Fortunately, my favorite characters don't care about blood. (Heck, I'd buy this game just for Tessa/Tabasa, who is such a rockin' character, by the way : ) :) :) ) Still, I'd want the blood simply for the Samurai Shodown characters, and to better drive home the point that SNK's take is more gritty. I guess they might censor it giving that those coming from CvS games wouldn't know the difference.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
They really need better people playing in these videos. What, do they have the night janitor or something? The Goenitz videos are pathetic, it's NOT THAT HARD TO GCFS AND COMBO HIS @$$! These videos make the game look boring...

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I was thinking the same thing. Then I read the preview IGN put up. The Hands-on. And yep, it's definite that they have no idea about the game. They don't even explain the mechanics right.

So, it's nice that they are talking about it, but you can tell that the people looking at it may only play 1 2D fighter, and nothing else. And even so, they do it casually.

But yep. If they intended to show off the game, they certainly failed in every aspect. I never knew someone could play a fighter with a heavy aggressive playstyle and make it look that boring. Mr. Karate, you will be avenged for having a player play you like that. Needless to say, I think it would be funny if he demoed Marvel vs. Capcom the same way. Just jump around and throw an odd punch or kick, in there. Fans' heads would explode seeing that.

Last edited: