limited 'Samurai Spirits' soundtrack box...

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I remember reading about that befor here i would like to get it. The only problem is how the heck can i get a hold of a copy. ( www.cocoebiz.com) . Doesn't carry it.

Last edited:
Nice picture for neo geo SNK NeoGeo auf der E³ in L.A.

SNK NeoGeo auf der E³ in L.A. :multi_co: very nice.. I have to play that game some here in CA :drool_2: too see.. is to belived!! :mr_t: and play yeah :drool_2:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Meh, its an incomplete compiliation because it leaves out the two HNG64 Samurai Shodowns.

Love or hate "t3h 3D", the games had killer OSTs and its a horrible shame that they're being left out.

Love the (huge) sig there btw Tron. :)

Last edited:

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
yes someone announced this back in may. However if you really are wanting one you can get one from http://www.cdjapan.co.jp here is the Estimated damaged
(depends on exchange rate and if your card charges conversion fees)

Items Availability Price
SAMURAI SPIRITS NEOGIO's SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION BOX (CD)
Game Music Released:2004/07/07
Product No.: DECX-11 Usually ships in:
1-3 business days following release 8,381yen
Subtotal 8,381yen
Shipping 2,040yen
Handling 521yen
Order Total 10,942yen
Final Order Total 10,942yen
US$ *100.06
Order Date : 2004/05/07

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DECX-11&ref=myp

edit: it says there are only 2 preorders left. better hurry ;)

edit again: you can also get it from amazon Japan

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/music/B00024ZAD6/250-1362920-5270636

Last edited:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Fygee said:
Meh, its an incomplete compiliation because it leaves out the two HNG64 Samurai Shodowns.

More than that even.

There were the 6 MVS releases, the CD RPG, the two Hyper 64 games, the PS finale to it all, the Pocket game, arranged soundtrack versions, drama CD's and all that, there truly is a lot more to the sounds of the Samurai world. 20 total Samurai-related CD's if one wants to be picky.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Tron 2.0 said:
I remember reading about that befor here i would like to get it.The only problem is how heck can i get it i even e-mail www.cocoebiz.com and the reponse i got back was were trying to get the rights still to sell it. :oh_no:

If you want to start contributing to the forums, you're going to have to start speaking English.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
C'mon now, no need to be picky. ;)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Neo Bomber Man said:
More than that even.

There were the 6 MVS releases, the CD RPG, the two Hyper 64 games, the PS finale to it all, the Pocket game, arranged soundtrack versions, drama CD's and all that, there truly is a lot more to the sounds of the Samurai world. 20 total Samurai-related CD's if one wants to be picky.

and don't forget the soundtrack to Nakoruru, the Gameboy versions, and the extremely hard to find (EEEER) soundtrack to the hanafuda game.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Fygee said:
C'mon now, no need to be picky. ;)

I'm just joking.

Mostly.

OK, I'm half joking. OK, I'm NOT JOKING AT ALL.

JESUS FREAKING CHRIST HOW MUCH EFFORT DOES IT TAKE TO SPELL WORDS PROPERLY, INCLUDE COMMAS, AND NOT WRITE THESE GODDAMN RUN ON SENTENCES THAT JUST KEEP GOING AND *deep breath* GOING *wheeze wheeze*

ACK... TYPE 'A' PERSONALITY HEART ATTACK, STRESS LAWSUIT ACK ACK SUE SHAWN AND NEO GEO DOT COM *wheeze wheeze*

*deep breath*

ACK!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
I'm just joking.

Mostly.

OK, I'm half joking. OK, I'm NOT JOKING AT ALL.

JESUS FREAKING CHRIST HOW MUCH EFFORT DOES IT TAKE TO SPELL WORDS PROPERLY, INCLUDE COMMAS, AND NOT WRITE THESE GODDAMN RUN ON SENTENCES THAT JUST KEEP GOING AND *deep breath* GOING *wheeze wheeze*

ACK... TYPE 'A' PERSONALITY HEART ATTACK, STRESS LAWSUIT ACK ACK SUE SHAWN AND NEO GEO DOT COM *wheeze wheeze*

*deep breath*

ACK!
Damn chill out befor you have a heart attack if you want to point out what i did wrong in a sentence that's fine.Give me a break i'm still new at posting at this site.This is the frist time i've ever posted at a message board.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Love the (huge) sig there btw Tron. :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks! :)

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Just Recieved Mine today.

at work now But I will post pictures later if someones does not beat me to it I believe these are the OST for SS1-5 but can not listen to them right now to verify.

The fist Press release special items appeart to be a Sword Powderer. also the box is ccvered with Rice Paper I believe. If you ordered this be very carefull with the paper it has ripped slightly on me already from just taking the Cd out of the box and they are in there tight.

BTW is the OST of SSV available seperatly? If I recall the release was canceled so it appears the only way to get it is in the Special box. Of course there may be a SSVS OST release.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Yea I was wondering if this was the only way to get the SS5 ost.

I want to buy this, but I shouldn't spend the monies. :envy:

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well I guess no one beat me to it ;)

they are the OST BTW

the box set taken apart.
Note the extra is a sword Powderer/Ear cleaner. not to be used of course :p
sscd1.jpg

and put back together. BTW bad picture it was either going to be to dark or to light with the flash.

sscd2.jpg

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Big Bruno said:
Just Recieved Mine today. the box is ccvered with Rice Paper I believe. If you ordered this be very carefull with the paper it has ripped slightly on me already from just taking the Cd out of the box and they are in there tight.
Thanks for the word of caution, Phil. Got mine in the mail on Wednesday, too, but didn't get the chance to break it open til last night. Boy howdy, you weren't kidding about how tightly packed this thing is! It took me 15-20 mins of nudging, tugging, coaxing, and begging to get the CDs out, but I managed to avoid damaging anything. This set is now going to occupy twice as much room on my CD rack because the box and the discs are going to have to sit side by side -- no way in hell will I ever put the CDs back in the box. :p
Big Bruno said:
BTW is the OST of SSV available seperatly? If I recall the release was canceled so it appears the only way to get it is in the Special box. Of course there may be a SSVS OST release.
You remember correctly. The OST CD for SamSpi Zero (SamSho V) was originally intended for release by Scitron Discs on 3/24/04, the same day as the KOF'03 OST CD (SCDC-00337). The SamSpi Zero OST release was cancelled, while the KOF'03 OST release went as planned. Sony's KOF CD box set didn't contain the KOF'03 OST, so apparently this lack of conflict is what allowed Scitron Discs to release the KOF'03 OST themselves. It appears that Sony was able to negotiate with SNK Playmore to be allowed to include the SamSpi Zero OST in the SamSpi CD box set, and this is likely the reason Scitron Discs was forced to cancel their release of their SamSpi Zero OST CD (SCDC-00338).

As a side note, the SamSpi Zero CD provides a suitably dramatic soundtrack when fighting the Tsoo in the "City of Heroes" MMORPG. ;)

So far, I've seen no indication of an upcoming SamSpi Zero Special OST release, but I'll keep an eye out. The lack of the additional Special tracks was one of only a few complaints I had with the boxed set. I was disappointed at the lack of sound effects / voice effects tracks (especially where SamSpi Zero was concerned) -- but not surprised, since Sony's KOF box didn't have effects tracks, either -- and somewhat bummed that the set didn't include a booklet or liner notes of some kind. Other than these minor points however, I'm pleased with the set -- and the presentation is nothing short of beautiful. I was looking forward to Shiroi Eiji's box illustrations and, as always, her work is superb. I particularly enjoyed her drawings in the little instruction sheet for the earpick bonus item.

While the earpick box is labelled "uchikoni mimikakibou" [an earpick, suitable for (applying) blade-sharpening powder], the instruction sheet states: "It should not be used for (applying) blade-sharpening powder. It should only be used for picking your ears! After picking your ears, you should listen to your SamSpi soundtracks!!"

BTW, all Shiroi Eiji fans should pick up her "Shinban: Tange Sazen" manga (more info available in this earlier post) -- I got mine a few weeks ago, and the artwork is pure gold from cover to cover.

--Chris

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Last edited: