New Mini Marquees Available Now!!

Freelancer

Banned
Finally, the first pics of the NEW Mini Marquees for SVC, MS4/5, SSV, etc. are up at www.arcadeshock.com ! Looks good too...check out the one for SVC CHAOS!!!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Looks like he's not selling them by themselves, and only with the kits. Also, just how legit are these mini marquees? I hate some of the copied ones I have, as the light doesn't shine through them as well as the originals. Wonder if the same thing will happen on these?

Spike

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Spike these are supposed to be official, not sure if they are paper or the plastic though I have to say these are pretty fucking awful designs. That said I still want them.

And it says plans to sell outside the kit will be up on July 1st, I'm anxious.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Looks like he's not selling them by themselves, and only with the kits. Also, just how legit are these mini marquees? I hate some of the copied ones I have, as the light doesn't shine through them as well as the originals. Wonder if the same thing will happen on these?

Spike

They are legit, what do you mean, did you maybe mean of what quality are these marquees? Well that is still up for debate. I've yet to see if these are plastic or paper, I'd hope for plastic... but with the small run they could be either.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah the MS5 and SS5 are pretty horrid, still it is very nice to see that they made these.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I have the KoF 2003, and the SVC ones. They look real nice and are printed on plastic. I don't see what all of the bitching is about.... Before this there weren't any mm at all for these games. If you don't like 'em, don't get 'em.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Halox said:
I have the KoF 2003, and the SVC ones. They look real nice and are printed on plastic. I don't see what all of the bitching is about.... Before this there weren't any mm at all for these games. If you don't like 'em, don't get 'em.

The bitching is because if they're going to be done they should be done well. My mini marquee project thread has better designs.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
lithy said:
The bitching is because if they're going to be done they should be done well. My mini marquee project thread has better designs.

You're right. It would be much better not to have one at all..... :rolleyes: The fact is, they released them, and they are official, thus making a complete kit. I, personally, am greatful that they made them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Halox said:
You're right. It would be much better not to have one at all..... :rolleyes: The fact is, they released them, and they are official, thus making a complete kit. I, personally, am greatful that they made them.

Well, in a way the SSV one is almost killing the kit, maybe I'd rather just have to make my own. I would constructively criticize these if they hadn't gone to production already but its too late now.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
lithy said:
Well, in a way the SSV one is almost killing the kit, maybe I'd rather just have to make my own. I would constructively criticize these if they hadn't gone to production already but its too late now.

Why is the SSV one killing the kit?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Halox said:
Why is the SSV one killing the kit?

Because its horrid. KOF2003 is the only one I would say that is great to good. Though why Terry is featured I have no idea. Haven't seen Slug 4 either.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
An ugly mini marquee, is a bigger detriment to a kits worth than not having one at all?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Halox said:
An ugly mini marquee, is a bigger detriment to a kits worth than not having one at all?

Said nothing of worth, just said that its ugly, it makes the kit no more desirable to me.

Freelancer

Banned
Halox said:

Same here!
And it's great that they're made of plastic! I'll go ahead and order my SVC kit from Trieu!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I agree those MM doesn't look very good, but of course they are better than nothing. Anyway as I don't have a cab I've never been a big fan of MM's, so I am not particularly interested in them. Let's see if the prices of the same kits without MM's drops so I can buy them cheaper :emb:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Here's hoping we see some plastic MM re-releases of paper MMs, like KOF '02.

Freelancer

Banned
SouthtownKid said:
Here's hoping we see some plastic MM re-releases of paper MMs, like KOF '02.

Would be nice, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Freelancer said:
Would be nice, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.
Yeah, but a couple days ago I would have said the same thing about seeing MMs for SVC, SS5, KOF '03, etc., at all. Especially plastic...that blows my mind. I'm not crazy about all of these designs (SVC in particular, or all the dead space in the SS5), but at least they're not paper! Meanwhile, there are some great MMs out there, like KOF '02, begging for a plastic release.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, but a couple days ago I would have said the same thing about seeing MMs for SVC, SS5, KOF '03, etc., at all. Especially plastic...that blows my mind. I'm not crazy about all of these designs (SVC in particular, or all the dead space in the SS5), but at least they're not paper! Meanwhile, there are some great MMs out there, like KOF '02, begging for a plastic release.

I'm very glad these are plastic as well. This only leaves

KOF2002
Pochi and Nyaa
and Rage of the Dragons
having paper minis

then
KOF2001
Sengoku 3
Nightmare in the Dark
Zupapa
and Matrimelee
have no mini at all

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
What we need as owners not sellers is the final solution for us to creat MM's that match or exceed the quality of the stock used for the originals.

The MM project thread started on this but has yet to deliver solutions.

How about we revive this project and get on it!?

I'll kick things off:
Kinkos offers a Lighted Sign service and they use their own plastic for these, they are a bit more bendable than the originals and not as glossy but I have not tested a print/s to truly see the outcome on a marquee.

The charge is steep at $15/ sq. foot. The samples they have are quite rich in the output.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
I'm very glad these are plastic as well. This only leaves

KOF2002
Pochi and Nyaa
and Rage of the Dragons
having paper minis

then
KOF2001
Sengoku 3
Nightmare in the Dark
Zupapa
and Matrimelee
have no mini at all

Melee, Kof2k1 are in the bag Lithy (the project designs are superb) we just need to find the optimum printing solution.