SNK vs. Capcom SVC Chaos at xbox.com...

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
I asked this on another thread...but to be specific...How does the X-box handle 2-D games?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Perfectly. No load times, no lag, etc.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Pretty much perfect. In fact, absolutely no excuse not to. If the 2D faltered, you know you're dealing with a true amateur programmer given the hardware is well above and beyond what's required by 2D games. The only way the animation and speed would suck is if the original game designer made sucky animation. Or the game was a high animation game run in 1024x768 graphics, choking the actual memory standards.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Kirk Foiden said:
Pretty much perfect. In fact, absolutely no excuse not to. If the 2D faltered, you know you're dealing with a true amateur programmer given the hardware is well above and beyond what's required by 2D games. The only way the animation and speed would suck is if the original game designer made sucky animation. Or the game was a high animation game run in 1024x768 graphics, choking the actual memory standards.

Ok thank you sir!!!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
CvS2 was perfect, so was MvC2, and Guilty Gear XX Reload is perfect from the import reviews. Nvidia cards always did great 2D.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
Frankly, only speaking from graphics, that is the best port of a 2d fighting game I have seen. Dear Lord, I think it is actually cheaper for me to buy an Xbox and a copy of SNK. VS Capcom than to buy the Home Cart version.

Xbox=$149 +SVC: Chaos=$50: $200

1 SVC: Chaos Home Cart=$350 something.

I still would like the homecart, but if the Xbox version is good...hmmm...

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Also keep in mind that they fixed some of the problems in the home version of this game.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
All I wish to know is if all the moves and blood are intact. If they are, then I will most likely pick it up.