iiSocorro!!

Jonathan

"Corky"
MKL , Kenny , JMK, et al, I need help!! When you mod your Neo AES controllers for LED illuminated buttons, do you also use a flux capacitor, in addition to LEDs and resistors? My brother said without caps, the stuff you put in will blow up the AES or worse. Also, have such button illuminating projects have caused Neo Geo AES systems to blow up, short or worse? PLEASE HELP!!!! I don't wanna lose my AES!! :eek:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
You need resistors of course as the LEDs are generally made to work with lower voltages than 5V. There is a formula for calculating the resistor value, knowing the LED specs. But the worst that can happen (if the LED is supplied too high a voltage) is that the LED dies or its life span is shortened.

Corkscrew said:
will blow up the AES or worse.

And what could be worse than that?

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
:glee: One of your games might get caught in the blast, slightly scuffing the spine...

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Just a resistor... I did use a flux capacitor one time but I couldn't seem to get my time machine working properly, so I scrapped it.

Jeff

Corkscrew said:
MKL , Kenny , JMK, et al, I need help!! When you mod your Neo AES controllers for LED illuminated buttons, do you also use a flux capacitor, in addition to LEDs and resistors? My brother said without caps, the stuff you put in will blow up the AES or worse. Also, have such button illuminating projects have caused Neo Geo AES systems to blow up, short or worse? PLEASE HELP!!!! I don't wanna lose my AES!! :eek:

Jonathan

"Corky"
So then......

So then, I don't need a flux capacitor, just the resistors, the LEDs and the 5+v and common terminals to light up the buttons?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Corkscrew said:
So then, I don't need a flux capacitor?
Oh yeah, you need a flux capacitor. Here's a good place to start looking:

end.jpg

10 Year Member
JMKurtz said:
I did use a flux capacitor one time but I couldn't seem to get my time machine working properly, so I scrapped it.

Corkscrew said:
So then, I don't need a flux capacitor...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hehehe.... hehehe...

hehe...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wait! hehe... WAIT, I can't breath...

10 Year Member
Oh damn, holy shit.
I've never laughed this hard in my life....
...seriously.
I can't stop re-reading this thread.

Flux Capacitor...

...That's fuckin' gold.

10 Year Member
Corkscrew, I apologize for laughing.

I really have no idea why I found that so funny... I suppose it was because most tech-heads frown upon the use of Flux Capacitors unless they're absolutely necessary. Though now that I think about it, a Flux Capacitor might be perfect for your LED mod... it would give the buttons a godly glow, much more so than the "standard" LED mod.

You can ask JM Kurtz, Kenny-Boy, or any of the others who are familiar with the advantages of a Flux Capacitor LED mod. Just make sure to let them know that you'll also need your home cart system modded as well. If you do go the route of the Flux Capacitor your system will need to accept a 1.21 Gigawatt power supply or it won't function properly and the LED's will be dim.

Sorry about before... hope this helps.

10 Year Member
Corkscrew, I take back my apology.

I thought I'd sleep on it and see how I felt in the morning. It turns out the whole Flux Capacitor thing is just as funny today as it was last night when I was stoned. God knows that if I was allowed to change my signature your question would surely make it in there.

Flux Capacitor. Awesome.

10 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
Hey Stinky, why not keep your spam to unrelated or war room ?

Hey man, I'm just trying to score a Flux Capacitor.

As soon as I get one the first thing I'm going to do is travel back to one hour ago and break your keyboard before you can post that ridiculous question.

10 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
You know where you can put your flux cap stinks, where the sun dont shine

As I said before, a Flux Capacitor needs 1.21 gigawatts of power to function properly. My anus only provides 1.03 gigawatts of power.

Not to mention the fact that I don't even have a Flux Capacitor... yet. If I did have one, an empty trash can would, at this very moment, plummet from the sky and and land over your torso in a humurous fashion ---- Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure style.

Technically, Bill and Ted used a phone booth rather than a Delorean to travel through time, yet it is common knowledge that both machines shared a key ingredient... the Flux Capacitor.

Jonathan

"Corky"
Socorro, part dos

I got two AES controllers, JMK, and I wired and illuminated the first one. I wany to do the same to the second controller but will having two controllers wired and illuminated with LEDs and resistors be an excessive overload for AES and blow it up , short it out, or runin it? I hope not......!! :(