New KoF:MI shots-Leona, Mai, and Clark's alternate outfits!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
what a faggy lookng game, i'm ashamed it's called a KOF. i swear they just slapped the KOF name on a piece of shit and called it a game, because that's all i'm seeing 3-D shit.

Fukattie

Banned
I'm being sarastic when I say leona's ao originally going to have blond hair here but it was change to pink to avoid confusion with Cammy. Just add a beret and give her a leotard and it is Cammy.

Not sarcastic but based on the above: But then again, I wonder what the alternate color of that outfit is.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
what a faggy lookng game, i'm ashamed it's called a KOF. i swear they just slapped the KOF name on a piece of shit and called it a game, because that's all i'm seeing 3-D shit.

Good lord, that's one of the most ignorant posts I've seen here in a while. Do you even know anything about this game, or is your inherent bias against 3D the only thing you're basing this on?

If you don't like 3D, fine, but at least put a little more thought into your comment instead of just "OMG 3D SUX0RZ". This "piece of shit" by the way has been getting pretty good reviews from those who tried it as well, just its not just some cobbled up turd like you believe it to be.

At any rate, I totally love Mai's alternate costume. They need to start using that in KOF '04 without a doubt.

Why is Clark black? And not just african american black, but competely devoid of any color whatsoever. :p

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Actually, I watched the cinemas and such, and it's very reminisent of a Tekken or Konami pre-rendered CG. It was done very micely. Even thought it's 3-D, they are doing a rspectable job on each of the character models. I could tell who each one was without even seeing a name. All I care is if they keep the gameplay intact. They have the great looking models, now let's hope they put it all together.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Mai and Leona look really nice.
I'm not gonna look at this game for the KOF feel, but something totally different. Cause I doubt its gonna play like the neo kof's. If it does though...

X

Y,
The Neo Geo Land level looks really nice. I hope they add people to it.

X

Y,
Does anyone know if the original outfits are available as well?

Never mind I saw them already.

Last edited:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Go watch the gamespot gameplay videos Dio Brando linked to in the other thread. The game is incredibly fast, like a 2D KOF. It's going to be incredibly cool.

I've not been this excited about a KOF in ages, it's actually something....new! :eek:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I watched the official trailers (check the official site) and it seemed cool from what I've seen. it uses a combo system similar to those in the 2D KOFs. the only problem is that the BGs ,while beautiful, seem dull and lifeless. the 3D models are decent (but great as a first attempt) and the animations are very cool. (reminded me of Wild Ambition).

can't wait for this game. hopefully, it will turn out to be much better than we expect.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Mai's outfit looks a little more like her Real Bout one, but black.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Looks great but I wish KOF would remain 2-D...If they want to improve it...Id say just raise it to the level of Guilty Gear X or better...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Leona and Mai look cool, but Clark looks like some kinda beatemup skater punk or something... quite odd-looking.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It's looking alot better than I thought it would, but... sorry but it looks too generic and overproduced. And don't get me started on the new batch of characters.
Come on guys, even the most enthusiastic amongst you must admit the game looks a bit camp (to say the least).

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
Camp?

Fuck no.

This game is going to rule. Trust me on this. All the fuckers that hate on it because they think the gameplay is wildly different have no footing to stand on. Trust me.. :)

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
The graphics are certainly great looking, now the question is: how is it going to play? From the way JHnedrix is describing the game in action, my hopes are medium-to medium high... :glee:
Leona's alternate outfit... I thought her hair was blue, not pink! :help: Mai's alternate gets a standing ovation from me, even though I'm sitting down. ::crosses legs:: :eek_2: And that new chick, I forget her name, the streak of white in her hair reminds me of Rouge. :smirk:
I'm still wondering where Blue Mary is, though... :blow_top:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
X said:
The Neo Geo Land level looks really nice. I hope they add people to it.
Really happy to see old/classic KOF backgrounds -- such as the NEO-GEO LAND location -- being brought back for the new game.

ferrarimanf355 said:
Leona's alternate outfit... I thought her hair was blue, not pink!
My guess was that they figured her hair turns pink when she does the "riot of the blood" thing, so why not.

I really dig the 2P Mai costume -- especially with the giant beads on her tassles being changed to giant bells.

I much prefer the 2P Soiree costume (much more Capoeirista) to his 1P German-with-a-cowboy-fetish gear (although it tended to give me a wry smirk whenever I saw it). His 2P hair makes me want to play Rick Strowd, tho'.

Not sure what to make of the 2P Clark Still -- I'd kind of expected a variation on his Ikari Warriors duds to go along with 2P Ralf. But I kind of like the 2P Clark design, just 'cause it's so radically different from what I'd expected.

I really want to see some better angles on the 2P Yuri costume -- just because I'm not sure exactly how the whole thing looks. I'm liking this one, too, just 'cause it's unexpected. I guess that's why I've been looking forward to this game more and more with each passing week's news & info -- everything about it (especially how well it plays, according to those who've tried it at E3 and elsewhere) runs so contrary to my initial thoughts ("feh, this isn't going to be much of a game -- just a money-making scheme"). Really looking forward to this one.

ferrarimanf355 said:
And that new chick, I forget her name, the streak of white in her hair reminds me of Rouge. :smirk:
You mean the new male character, Alba Meira? I'm curious about the comedically-designed blonde (boss?) character Alba's squaring off against in 2 of those screenshots. I think the reason I'm liking the 2P versions of Leona, Mai, and Yuri so much is that they're not "fluff" designs -- there's a believable realism to each of them (when they could have easily gone the other way and -- as Cain Highwind said -- given them DOA-style revealing fan-service outfits more appropriate at a swimming pool or fashion show than a back-alley street fight).

--Chris

Last edited:

Vernon

"Stumpy"
well, mai & leona are very cool with that new outfit!!

and... clark. is that Clark??? ohh man....

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
nothingxs said:
Camp?

Fuck no.

This game is going to rule. Trust me on this. All the fuckers that hate on it because they think the gameplay is wildly different have no footing to stand on. Trust me.. :)

You and fygee, are you two related to dio_brando?

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
wow, this looks really great, the alternate outfits have had a lot of effort put into them.