Superguns, cabs, neo geo 1 slot question.

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hi,

Currently getting together some components to build my own cabinet. I am going to take quite a few short cuts and still need some help so bare with me.

One my 1 slot there is a sticker. It says "if using this 1 slot in a Jamma cabinet please select monaural sound" then points to a diagram where the switch is on the board for mono and stereo. If using a supergun with RCA's for sound do I keep this switch in monoural (on the 1 slot) and get the same channel from each speaker from the supergun? Or does the supergun split the monaural 2 channel into half and back into stereo, or do you just select Stereo switch on the 1 slot? I doubt you select the stereo switch because you are required to use connector CN2 of which I have no cables for. Please help.

If I bought a MAS supergun (which I do not have yet), can you get a wiring loom that goes from the joystick ports that will connect all my own buttons and joystick. This is because I am building my own cabinet and would prefer to use my own parts such as Sanwa buttons and happs joysticks (Candy kind). The wiring loom would have to be self explanatory because my knowledge of electronics switches it pretty slim on the ground. Now when I say can you get one, I mean can either someone make me one or can I buy one?

I think thats it.

Thanks for any help.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
I don't own a MAS supernova system as I built my own supergun.

the only problem with the JAMMA harness is that they might have shortened it too much to be used in a cabinet. So unless you want to run some cruddy wires to the extend the harness, just buy a new one to use for the cabinet.

Quick question, are you going to use the supergun as a console inside a cabinet or are you gonna actually get an RGB monitor and do a cab from ground up literally? :spock:

-ToeJam

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I am going to use an RGB monitor which I already have.

Since I am building the cabinet out of wood myself, I can get around the Jamma loom length problem. My main concern is housing a 150lb monitor and getting all the joysticks and buttons set up right.

Thanks.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Neorichieb1971 said:
Hi,

1. If using a supergun with RCA's for sound do I keep this switch in monoural (on the 1 slot) and get the same channel from each speaker from the supergun? Or does the supergun split the monaural 2 channel into half and back into stereo, or do you just select Stereo switch on the 1 slot? I doubt you select the stereo switch because you are required to use connector CN2 of which I have no cables for. Please help.

2.If I bought a MAS supergun (which I do not have yet), can you get a wiring loom that goes from the joystick ports that will connect all my own buttons and joystick. This is because I am building my own cabinet and would prefer to use my own parts such as Sanwa buttons and happs joysticks (Candy kind). The wiring loom would have to be self explanatory because my knowledge of electronics switches it pretty slim on the ground. Now when I say can you get one, I mean can either someone make me one or can I buy one?

I have ordered a supergun also(I dont like my joysticks and the harness keeps falling off) but havent recieved it yet but by guessing by looking at the pictures

1. THeres an external 4 prong connector you hook this to games for true 2 channel stereo many games have this , this will fit on the geo-s mobo if you were to hook it up then turn the motherboard to stereo .(if the wirings correct)
2 Again by looking at the pictures it looks as though the standard joystick is 25 female connector you can get a male end for this at ANY radio shack and make yourself a connector .

I believe though this is a bad idea because your spending $300+ on $50 worth of parts that you really need .

Oh well if you do it sell me your joysticks and ntsc converter :tickled: at least youll get some of the money back if you did .

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
saw some more points questions
I understand better now

As for a wire connection connecting all the buttons together hard mvs sells some already put together but NONE of this is very hard to do yourself , If you can cut the wood to make this cabinet then making the electronic insides will be the easy part .

your going to use the Massystems jamma harness youll have to put the game on top of the system . the harness length doesnt matter .

Maybe im tired but this is what youre going to do right
1cut the wood and make a cabinet
2 Use a massystem as the guts
3. Throw in a rgb monitor as the monitor .

Last edited:

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yes thats right. I have a PVM-2530 RGB sony monitor and I can use it for other purposes other than the cabinet i'm building around it. It also has a AC outlet so I can just use a generic strip light from any hardware store, plug it in the monitor and house it above the monitor for a large marquee display.. Easy as pie.

right now though I am trying to get a professional calibration done on my monitor since its a bit ropey on the geometry.

My main issue is getting a cabinet up and running that only requires parts that I can get locally from any store in any town. I will probably end up buying a candy cab too but I don't like the idea of buying extra parts from lands a far. Plus I want to learn as I go :)