Mini Marquees for the newer games

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FUCK, I need those mini's but have half the games already :(

Edit: Hmmm it just says kits and Slug 4 kits are out of stock so how will these be distributed? Hopefully all of them with the purchase of just one new kit.

Anyway this is good since it cuts the list for my mini marquee in half.

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
"There will also be a "new" title that Bomberman fans will love, with much better gameplay and graphics and overall fun compared to the Neo's Bomberman."

WTF?

Dizrythmia

n00b
And here I just ordered SVC Chaos. It's meant to be arriving today. I bet these mini marquees go for a lot if they ever hit Ebay!!!

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I'm not buying all those kits again for just for some MMs :oh_no:

How about someone doing something for the fans, just for once?

Last edited:

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Well, we did did get a SNK farewell wallpaper. I guess I shouldn't complain :)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
These are great news. Kinda like a bonus to the MVS side, after seeing the
classic inserts...

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
So if those are the last kits that means arcadeshock will only be getting 4 mm for Slug4, and only 7 mm for slug5? OMG TEH RARE!!!

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
These are great news. Kinda like a bonus to the MVS side, after seeing the
classic inserts...

OMFG classic mini marquees.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
So does this mean they will actually be the plastic ones like old school? Or the crappy paper one, ala Rage Of The Dragon?

Freelancer

Banned
300wins said:
So does this mean they will actually be the plastic ones like old school? Or the crappy paper one, ala Rage Of The Dragon?

Probably the paper ones (Pochi and Nyaa's MM looked great).
Regardless, it's still good news.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I just hope this doesn't mean an increase of the current price of those kits... Because I still don't have any of them and was playing on buying some soon, and it would be nice to have the mm.

Freelancer

Banned
Amano Jacu said:
I just hope this doesn't mean an increase of the current price of those kits... Because I still don't have any of them and was playing on buying some soon, and it would be nice to have the mm.

If the prices do increase for some reason, then I'm finished with Neo collecting.
I don't see why they should...in fact, I found out about the MM's early yesterday morning (before the AS public announcement) simply due to my asking if the LARGE MARQUEE was still included with SVC. Vinh said no, but that MM's would be included in its place since he just recvd word from SNK. If the price is jacked up another $10-$20 because of the inclusion of an MM (and no LM), then fuck it. I don't need it that bad.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Freelancer said:
If the prices do increase for some reason, then I'm finished with Neo collecting.
I don't see why they should...in fact, I found out about the MM's early yesterday morning (before the AS public announcement) simply due to my asking if the LARGE MARQUEE was still included with SVC. Vinh said no, but that MM's would be included in its place since he just recvd word from SNK. If the price is jacked up another $10-$20 because of the inclusion of an MM (and no LM), then fuck it. I don't need it that bad.

Amen to that brotha!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Some Q&A's were posted and I believe I'm going to be happy with this plan the only thing left that I want to know is if we buy a kit, do we get a full set of all 5 mini's or just one per kit.

A few Q and A's regarding the mini marquees:

Q: Will the price of the kits change when packaged with the mini marquees?

A: No, we paid for the full production run (very costly as the process is quite difficult) as a token of appreciation to both fans (for collectors) as well as for the arcade operators that have been demanding it for years.

Q: Will we be able to purchase these with other kits?

A: Absolutely. We're just working on a plan that makes sense to us. We're not making more, but less packaging them with kits and prices will NOT change on the newer kits. If anything, prices may go down, not up (unless that title becomes scarce worldwide, which is unlikely).

Q: Will Arcade Shock replenish the stock levels of MVS Kits that will have a mini marquee production run for them?

A: Yes. It would be silly to make just 4 mini marquees, for example, for a Metal Slug 4 Kit.

Q: What are the production numbers of these mini marquees?

A: We cannot give out exact numbers, but can say that it is well under 100 for each title. The cost of this run ran into the thousands, hence the low production.

Q: Will there be other mini marquees produced for other titles that didn't have one?

A: At this point, there is one more, however, because of the limited production of the title itself (Matrimelee), we don't see how this will benefit the mass audience.

Q: Will Neo Geo fans ever be satisfied?

This is a trick question, even we don't know the answer to that. =)

Freelancer

Banned
lithy said:
Some Q&A's were posted and I believe I'm going to be happy with this plan the only thing left that I want to know is if we buy a kit, do we get a full set of all 5 mini's or just one per kit.

A few Q and A's regarding the mini marquees:

Q: Will the price of the kits change when packaged with the mini marquees?

A: No, we paid for the full production run (very costly as the process is quite difficult) as a token of appreciation to both fans (for collectors) as well as for the arcade operators that have been demanding it for years.

Q: Will we be able to purchase these with other kits?

A: Absolutely. We're just working on a plan that makes sense to us. We're not making more, but less packaging them with kits and prices will NOT change on the newer kits. If anything, prices may go down, not up (unless that title becomes scarce worldwide, which is unlikely).

Q: Will Arcade Shock replenish the stock levels of MVS Kits that will have a mini marquee production run for them?

A: Yes. It would be silly to make just 4 mini marquees, for example, for a Metal Slug 4 Kit.

Q: What are the production numbers of these mini marquees?

A: We cannot give out exact numbers, but can say that it is well under 100 for each title. The cost of this run ran into the thousands, hence the low production.

Q: Will there be other mini marquees produced for other titles that didn't have one?

A: At this point, there is one more, however, because of the limited production of the title itself (Matrimelee), we don't see how this will benefit the mass audience.

Q: Will Neo Geo fans ever be satisfied?

This is a trick question, even we don't know the answer to that. =)

Trieu is the MAN!!
Unlike the Neostore's ridiculous handling of the classic inserts, it's good to see Arcadeshock is doing its best to give all MVS owners a chance to own these MM's!
Needless to say, I'm quite pleased and as such, AS deserves our business!