How do I add other games to a 4 Slot arcade?

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
Just wondering if anyone knows how to add say, pac man to a 4 slot neo geo arcade machine. (and a hyper 64) anyone?! :help:

chrispyman

n00b
In short, you can't add a Pac Man to a Neo Geo game because of 2 reasons: Pac man has a vertical monitor and because it has a completely diffrent wiring harness. However, you can connect nearly any horizontal JAMMA compatible arcade game (provided you do a small modification to your Neo by adding a -5 V line). I *think* the Neo Geo 64 has the same pinout as the Neo Geo MVS so you could simply swap boards, but don't quote me on that!

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
If its a dedicated US red four slot cab your stuck, as crispyman points out, as the tube is fixed hrizontally. If its a conversion job (my Aussie MVS cabs can do it) you may be able to rotate the tube 90 deg and mount it vertically. A hastle turning it around each time you want to play pacman though.

Regarding the wiring, pacman would require an adapter/or hard wired fingerboard to convert to the jamma standard to run in your cab.

Also if its a deicated MVS cab, it would need to be wired for mono sound.

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
Here's a crazy idea

This is a expensive way to do it. How about this

1 - version 2 Hyper 64 motherboard
1 - Galaga/ Pacman Jamma board
and a Jamma spliter (I see them on ebay every so often) so you can play 2 jamma board on 1 cabinet.

I would think this could work, but expensive way to make it work. Any thoughts?

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html

or if you want just a couple of boards use a 2 way 5 pole switch to switch the RGB sync and the 5 volts via a relay. There is no harm in having the secondary boards buttons/switches in parallel with the used board.
I have never actually tried this, in theory it should work.
The only thing to stop it working would be the two boards button/joystick input buffer impeadance being in parallel, possibly being low enough to register as a low (as if switched to ground.)
I dont think this would be an issue with only two boards in parallel.
It certainly would not risk damage to the boards.

This is the fingerboard adapter required to run non jamma games like pacman, gallaga ect in a jamma cab (this is my Exerion bootleg)
fingerboard1.jpg

EDIT: The -5 volts is not required on most jamma boards, notable exeptions are Williams/Midway games of the early 90s like the MK series, NBA Jam, Smash TV etc.

Last edited:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Didn't Namco release a JAMMA kit version of Pacman with Galaga in the late 90's?

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
neo_X7 said:
Didn't Namco release a JAMMA kit version of Pacman with Galaga in the late 90's?

I thought the Ms pac/Galaga reunion was JAMMA.....might not be but I've seen it adervtised on eBay as JAMMA. Namco also released two volumes of the "Namco Classics Collection" in the mid 90's. They have 3 or 4 games and each game has the original version and an "updated" version. Those are JAMMA.

Trifecta

Stakes Winner
DarkHuman said:
Just wondering if anyone knows how to add say, pac man to a 4 slot neo geo arcade machine. (and a hyper 64) anyone?! :help:

Can you provide pics when you're done. I'm really interested as to how it looks.