KOF:MI Gamespot Preview, and SNKP updates

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Gamespot posted a new preview of KOF:MI (3D), with new pics and three gameplay videos:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/kofworkingtitle/preview_6100878.html

The japanese KOF:MI site has more pics and video:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof/index.html

SNKP´s site has been updated with the cover for the JPN Metal Slug 3 (X-Box) and a KOF 2003 wallpaper:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp

Fatal Fury team and KOF 95 added to the KOF 10th Anniversary website:

http://www.kof10th.com/

The NeoWave website opened the link to Aw-Net and mentions the new loketest that 8-1 mentioned in the other thread:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/neowave/index.html

EDIT:

Hey =dave=, go fuck yourself!

Last edited:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
the roker said:
Thanks for the links

p.s. I still hate you

I don´t care about idiots assuming things about me. My favorite console is the Neo, and it´s the only console i have.

The difference between me and some narrow-minded idiots here, is that i care about the GAMES first, not the console. I realize that SNK games can be good on the PS2, X-Box, Atomiswave or whatever. 2D, 3D, it doesn´t matter.

The Neo-Geo is not an old motorcycle. It´s an old train that can´t take you to your new home.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
I don´t care about idiots assuming things about me. My favorite console is the Neo, and it´s the only console i have.

The difference between me and some narrow-minded idiots here, is that i care about the GAMES first, not the console. I realize that SNK games can be good on the PS2, X-Box, Atomiswave or whatever. 2D, 3D, it doesn´t matter.

The Neo-Geo is not an old motorcycle. It´s an old train that can´t take you to your new home.

I don't assume nothing, I think you disrespected a few people here, and for that you're an asshole.

Don't assume I hate you for the wrong reasons

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
KOF:MI looks better for every day that goes...
When it first was announced i was very afraid it would be a big pile of crap. Now, it´s the game that will make me buy a PS2.
It looks like the latest bloody roar-installment with KOF-characters. The speed looks intact and the moves for most part looks great. Nice to se that jump-ins work fine as well.
Conclusion: I´m hyped :)

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
HOLY SHIT! All of the wallpapers are back! Time to download the Garou MOTW one I was missing all this time! :buttrock:

I'm sooo happy. :D

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I must say that I'm actually cautiously optimistic about this game. It'll be a bit awkward making the 2D->3D transition with my beloved KOF crew, but if they can pull it off then I'm all for it. I guess I'll soon become a PS2 whore like everyone else :oh_no:

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
Yay I have for once some use for my gamespot account!. And I think it is safe to say that if nothing else, atleast the music in this game is going to rock :buttrock:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Music sounds like generic J-rock and J-pop shit to me, and sounds far too similar to music from the latter Megaman X games. No semblence of melody or that signature KOF sound anywhere.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Next, someone will say they should´ve used the same old "classic" songs, like Iori´s song and so on.

Last edited:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
the roker said:
I don't assume nothing, I think you disrespected a few people here, and for that you're an asshole.

Don't assume I hate you for the wrong reasons

I "disrespected" people? You mean the same people that every time i posted something related to NeoWave or MI would say it was "shit for PS2 fans" and other similar friendly, "respectful" comments?

Get some new eyes and learn to look at things without your biased glasses, man.

Some of the folks here are extremelly offensive to everybody that even mentions a port or a non-Neo game. They bash the consoles, they bash the gamers ("graphic whore" is the minimum they say), they bash everything.

Oh, but noo... That´s all FINE for you.

Give me a break. You´re no better than they are.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
I "disrespected" people? You mean the same people that every time i posted something related to NeoWave or MI would say it was "shit for PS2 fans" and other similar friendly, "respectful" comments?

Some of the folks here are extremelly offensive to everybody that even mentions a port or a non-Neo game. They bash the consoles, they bash the gamers ("graphic whore" is the minimum they say), they bash everything.

actually you're the one getting defensive

heh.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:

calm down dude. I usually ignore such arguements, but you're a good guy and you post great stuff.

just because some people bash a game you like, doesn't mean you're offended. it's just their opinion. disagreement doesn't equal disrespect.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Shut the fuck up, retard.

Dio_Brando said:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
I "disrespected" people? You mean the same people that every time i posted something related to NeoWave or MI would say it was "shit for PS2 fans" and other similar friendly, "respectful" comments?.
You act like you made the game.

And it's become a habbit with you that anytime someone judges the game harshly based on what little they've seen, you blast them. You call them intolerant. You call them sad fanboys... and much more. Never mind that this game does not visually come even close to standing up to Guilty Gear X which came out years ago on the same hardware. Never mind that many of the people criticising this game are praising what they've seen of the 3D KOF, which is a much greater distance from the established, in another thread.

When you post links, or repost pictures others have found from other sites, you're fine. But practically everything else from your keyboard is abrasive, obnoxious crap. Out of the entire 'information super highway', I choose to spend time here at neo-geo.com, so that I can talk and hear about the Neo Geo and it's games. For some weird reason, I like the Neo. I have not yet been able to reason why you can't seem to figure this out.

I do want to hear about SNK games no matter what platform they're on, but it's likely I'll always have a preference for SNK games on the Neo. The AW games will be technologically superior...so, what is your point? You say Mark of the Wolves can't compare to the potential of the coming AW games? I'll go one further... My favorite game is Fatal Fury Special. It's not as graphically impressive as MotW, the music is not as sophisticated as MotW, and the gameplay is not as deep as MotW. But... I LIKE it more. I have FUN playing it. It doesn't bother me that 90% of the people here would rather play MotW than FFS, and it shouldn't bother you that 90% of the people here would rather play MotW than this uninspired pile of monkey crap.

I know you've chosen to ignore this suggestion from others in the past, but if you really love the AW that much, and you're really so dismissive of the Neo hardware, why don't you go to a site dedicated to the AW hardware (oh, there isn't one? I wonder why...?)? Everyone including you might be much happier.

At least you might try s-c.com, which is a much less focused forum. They'll talk about anything, which is right up your alley, but doesn't interest me much. I am not trying to be disrespectful of you, and this post was in no way meant as an attack. I'm also not questioning your right to be here, I just honestly don't understand why you want to be.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The thing is, if you go back into those threads, you'll see Dio being a sarcastic asshole because people said things like, "The music sucks" "I don't like the character art" "The stages look bland" etc.

these are common complaints of all games here and they did not warrant hostility on his part

the proof is in the post history

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
Next, someone will say they should´ve used the same old "classic" songs, like Iori´s song and so on.

Seeing as how its their first effort in making something really mainstream and that a good chunk of their potential buyers haven't played much, if any KOF on the Neo, I think that would actually be a good idea.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Wow, this thread got derailed FAST

Game looks interesting, I'd be interested in what the gamers here who play it have to say, though...