Midwest Championships next weekend 25-27 who's going?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I'll be there on friday(25th) for SvC and kof2003. Anyone else going? It'd be great to meet up for some matches.
Should be a blast. There are supposed to be a lot of top players showing up.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Where in the mid west?

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
There's gonna be a KOF 2003 tourney

Which is gay because there is like one KOF 2003 machine in the Chicagoland area.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
You can probably count all the 2k3 machines in the entire midwest on your fingers. 2003 will be the main event for me. Time to see how people outside MI play KoF :)

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
The sad thing is they don't.

And if they do it's at home.

There are a few KOF machines around here but they are rare.

Any time I play it, it's usually against scrubs, or people who just plain don't know what they are doing. It's kind of sad. :( :crying:

I actually tried to get people to play KOF at Nickle City because you can bring systems and shit there but no one cared.

I'm not sure if I'm going to this thing. I'll probably stop by to check it out but I don't think I'm playing because I don't don't play fighting games as much as I used to these days. Now it's more of a casual thing.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Justing Wong, Alex Valle and a lot of other #1 players are supposed to be there. Even if you don't play it's gonna be one hell of a show for 3 days. I'm dissapointed that I can't get more than friday off to go so i'm going to miss out on the MvC2 and CvS2 stuff.

You should come to the 2k3 tourney anyway... the more money in the pot to line my wallet with the better ;)

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I know I'll be there all three days. I'm going there for 2k3, svc, ggxx, and 3s. It's gonna be pretty fun that weekend.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
2k3 tourney was tons of fun. Duofest 2004! Every winning team had duo in it except for one and even he used duo in a couple matches

1st place Justin Wong - Kim(L), Duo, Daimon
2nd place Kim Young - Juhn(L), Duo, Benimaru
3rd place (i think the name on the bracket was Furby?) - Benimaru(L), Athena, Mai

I played Iori(L), Beni/Duo, Ash I was doing great until I played the 2nd and 3rd place guys back to back. Oh well it was a great time and a really fun tourney.

Wong and Young were both awesome players. Honestly the finals could have went either way. Young got caught in the Duo mix up and couldn't get out during the last match when he only needed one hit to beat Wong and go into a 5th match.
All the matches were a great. Props to all the players, everyone was very good.

Justin Wong won SvC as well. Is there any fighter that he doesn't own at?