Vertical Lines on my AES

I just got my AES system from japan, but there is a problem with it. In all my samurai showdown games, there is vertical lines on when I chooses Hanzo and Galford. I know it must not be the cart because I tried 4 different carts. I tried to clean the cart and the AES slots but there are still vertical lines. My system is not modded. I think it must be something wrong with the slot. Where can I buy replacements. Any help would be great.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
I assume your using composite or rf output, right? I think this is a common problem. Are you talking about a "rainbow" effect around the arms of galford/hanzo? that's what it sounds like, it usually only happens wit them. thats a common problem when you don't use RGB. otherwise If its all over the screen then I'm not sure.

Yes, I'm using composite video. Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Those rainbow stripes on their arms looks really annoying. So are you saying that there are no solution to this unless I get it modded or something? Since its a common problem, I'll learn to live with it. I thought Hit-Japan sold me a defective system. :very_ang: So if I get it modded, will the problem go away?

Last edited:

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
yup, having it modded for RBG or S-video will clear that right up and will give you the best possible picture quality, next to having an actual arcade moniter. Other than having it modded, I no of no such solution that will fix it, unfortunately

This must be your first AES, huh? I use compostie video myself, don't mind it much. I guess because I was using RF for so long.

Last edited:
Yup, its my first neo geo system :D I waited a lllllllllooooooooonnnnnnnnggggg to get it, but its well worth the wait. I have neo geo games on other systems but its just not the same, I want the REAL THING!!! I was suprised how big and heavy the cart was. No wonder they charge me an arm and leg for shipping :( I got samurai showdown 1-4, that should keep me busy until ss0 specials comes out.

Well, I was doing the research on modded neo geo and it looks like my will not look good modded since I have 190XXX. That sucks..........well, thats for your help, neo geo.com rulez

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
It's still dirty! I had the same problem when I got my first AES system and was runing samurai showdown 2. Keep on cleaning the carts over and over again and the lines will eventually disapear.

I did try to follow the directions on hardMVS.com by cleaning with the swabbs, but there are still lines visible. I personally dont think its the cart itself, but the slots on the aes system. Does anybody know where I can buy the two black long strip of slots for the aes. I show someone with consolized mvs with it. If anybody can tell me where they bought it would be great

DXMachina

Ninja Combat Warrior
neo_X7 said:
It's still dirty! I had the same problem when I got my first AES system and was runing samurai showdown 2. Keep on cleaning the carts over and over again and the lines will eventually disapear.

What cleaning agent do you use?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Sleepy_Eyes_ZzZz,

I've sent you an email about the mods/slots.

Jeff

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
DXMachina said:
What cleaning agent do you use?

I bought a N64 cleaning kit from funcoland, and just kept cleaning my Samurai Showdown 2 AES cart over and over again. The cleaning solution that came with the kit is the same solution that comes with VCR head cleaners I beleive.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Sleepy_Eyes_ZzZz said:
Yes, I'm using composite video. Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Those rainbow stripes on their arms looks really annoying. So are you saying that there are no solution to this unless I get it modded or something? Since its a common problem, I'll learn to live with it. I thought Hit-Japan sold me a defective system. :very_ang: So if I get it modded, will the problem go away?

Cleaning your system is usless, the rainbow effect is due to how the system combines the signal into composite video. The only time you need to clean a cart/system is when there is no sound (or it is messed up), or you get garbled graphics, parts of images dissapearing blinking pixels.

Get your system modded, regardless of your serial number svideo is worth it. Or buy the Micomsoft external svideo converter.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Get your system modded, regardless of your serial number svideo is worth it.

Yes. I've done low serials and higher serials. True, the low serials have better S-video, but even the high serials S-video is always better than composite. The rainbow banding goes away.

I was testing the composite output on a board today. That banding is annoying!