A new french videogame magazine: Game Fan

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
Greetings to all. (yeah! long time not come down here :crying: ).

I wanted to tells you that there is a new french magazine, who is out now (from yesterday), and where am working ^^. Game Fan is a general magazine, with some hardcore things in it (retro gaming, arcade, japan games, ...), and i know that there are some guys that can be interested down here. so in GF1 you can find (for 3.9 euros):

-20 pages of news around the world.
-An article about the E3 2004.
-Review of game like Red Dead Revolver, Rally Sport Challenge 2, Pikmin 2, GXX#R on xbox, Kuon on PS2, Naruto 2 on GBA, Harvest Moon,...
-A section with weird japanese games (cooking game).
-A section with RPGs.
-An arcade section with articles about The Rumble Fish, Atomiswave (these 2 are from me ^^!), KOF' NeoWave, Tekken 5, Capcom Fighting Jam,...
-A retro gaming section with Sega Puyo Puyo, Elemental Master MD, the sega genesis, Midnight Resistance vs Sunset Riders,...

and lot more (the magazine is 100 pages with 4-5 pages for commercial announcement).

If you are interested by the magazine, and you are outside France, just go to Japan-Type. I thing they can sell outside of France.

couv%20gamefan%20jpeg.jpg

[/img]

Thanks for your interest. :cool:

Freelancer

Banned
Dear god noooooo!!

The illustrious Gamefan mag name resurrected....by the French of all people.... :crying:

Dave halverson must be FURIOUS!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Blasphemers .... the cover does look pretty cool though :D.

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
Freelancer said:
Dear god noooooo!!

The illustrious Gamefan mag name resurrected....by the French of all people.... :crying:

Dave halverson must be FURIOUS!

Yeah, i discovered some days ago that there was an us magazine with n-g games by the name of Game Fan (by i don't now if the bosses of the magazine knows that ^^).

Freelancer

Banned
gozu+mezu said:
Yeah, i discovered some days ago that there was an us magazine with n-g games by the name of Game Fan (by i don't now if the bosses of the magazine knows that ^^).

Yeah, it's defunct now. Dead and gone.
But, Dave Halverson (who founded Gamefan) currently has another mag out called Play Magazine.
Kind of an acquired taste, but he's still in the industry....

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Freelancer said:
But, Dave Halverson (who founded Gamefan) currently has another mag out called Play Magazine.

Yeah, it's kinda like Gamefan light or something. Pretty good compared to the rest of what's out there, but not quite what good ole GF used to be :crying:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
HAHAHAHAHA... those french have a fucking twisted sense of humor.

I wouldn't put it past them to show us their other middle finger by building replicas of the twin towers in Paris after this...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
EvilWasabi said:
I wouldn't put it past them to show us their other middle finger by building replicas of the twin towers in Paris after this...

Well, if they build them themselves, we can take consolation in the fact that they'll probably fall apart within the next few years :tickled:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
galfordo said:
Well, if they build them themselves, we can take consolation in the fact that they'll probably fall apart within the next few years :tickled:

haha

...waits

if the statue of liberty collapses, do you think the french will bother to fix it or give us a refund?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
EvilWasabi said:
haha

...waits

if the statue of liberty collapses, do you think the french will bother to fix it or give us a refund?

No refund : it was a gift :p

And you should know better, the French build things to last (The Louvres, Mont Saint Michel, all the Loire Castles...).

The only thing that broke was the US terminal at Charles de Gaulle Airport (2E) because we underestimated the weight of the average american tourist...

Still curious to see that mag tough.

Last edited:

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
EvilWasabi said:
haha

...waits

hey, remember that the statue of liberty was designed by the french architect Gustave Eiffel ^^

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Has anyone actually read this yet? I'm curious to know how they handle their info, and if they know their stuff.
The cover does look pretty slick, though.

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
GoSpits said:
Has anyone actually read this yet? I'm curious to know how they handle their info, and if they know their stuff.
The cover does look pretty slick, though.

yes, there are some feed back here, but it's in french (since you are from Canada ou will maybe have some french basics).

NeoGrubWyrm

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Howdoin said:
No refund : it was a gift :p

The only thing that broke was the US terminal at Charles de Gaulle Airport (2E) because we underestimated the weight of the average american tourist...

Still curious to see that mag tough.

.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that... was priceless! touche!

Maybe the Germans will knock on the door... and before you know it it will be "Uber-Gamefan". :tickled:

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
Freelancer said:

yep
Play! is the best mag worldwide, atm

yeah, even (far)better than EDGE, that has just lost it as of late.......

Last edited:

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
kaos said:
yep
Play! is the best mag worldwide, atm

yeah, even (far)better than EDGE, that has just lost it as of late.......

Maybe I should look at Play, I never bought it for some reason.... always end up getting m Games TM sweetness

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You guys can bitch about the french in whatever you want, but they always were spectacular making videogame magazines.

Joypad, Consoles+, CD Consoles, etc... All good stuff and they always had special sections for stuff like PC Engine, Neo Geo, Arcade and Jap import games.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
gozu+mezu said:
yes, there are some feed back here, but it's in french (since you are from Canada ou will maybe have some french basics).

Thanks for the link.
I can figure most of it out, but never really lived up to the bilingual title.

I dig Games TM, though I only read it once.
It's so hard to find a decent print read nowadays, so I'm glad some are out and coming out, regardless of the language.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Howdoin said:

:lol:

I remember a couple of american fatso "females" complaining that they had to pay for two seats on a plane.Serves them right big lumps of grease

NeoGrubWyrm

Kuroko's Training Dummy
smokey said:
:lol:

I remember a couple of american fatso "females" complaining that they had to pay for two seats on a plane.Serves them right big lumps of grease

Try sitting next to those bloated whales. I had to request to move seats, because the smell of the person who's rolls were "overflowing" into my seat just became too much. They should pay for two seats. Ugh.

Realize, most people (idiots) are going to jump on this anti-French bandwagon because the whole country is doing so blindly.... fucking "freedom fries". Don't be too harsh though, it's part of American Culture to be ignorant and stupid.

-Grubwyrm

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
NeoGrubWyrm said:
Realize, most people (idiots) are going to jump on this anti-French bandwagon because the whole country is doing so blindly.... fucking "freedom fries". Don't be too harsh though, it's part of American Culture to be ignorant and stupid.

-Grubwyrm

ummm...
stereotypes, french sense of humour and complete idiots like Stephane or Inazuma are also "ignorant and stupid" things in my book, and your defending those things doesnt put you above the average american

why don't you think before opening your fucking mouth

Last edited:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
NeoGrubWyrm said:
Don't be too harsh though, it's part of American Culture to be ignorant and stupid.

Gian
Gian
Gian...

I'm going to have to blow your spot here.

Gian is an American, he dealt with NeoGeoFreak (stupid)
He also talked about his personal problems and it got to Dion (stupider)
Dion wrote about Gian's personal issues on DHP (proof of stupidity)
Gian sold me a freaked ninja master's mook, and apologized, claiming ignorance. (ignorance)

So basically, Gian is speaking from personal experience. Because he himself is stupid and ignorant, it must be part of American culture as a whole...

Gian, don't fucking take the high road. You still have a ways to go.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
EvilWasabi said:
Gian
Gian
Gian...

Gian sold me a freaked ninja master's mook, and apologized, claiming ignorance. (ignorance)

So basically, Gian is speaking from personal experience. Because he himself is stupid and ignorant, it must be part of American culture as a whole...

:eek: :eek: PWN3D :eek:

Anyway, I've got nothing personal against the French people - It was just some good natured ribbing earlier. I kinda take offense to the ignorant and stupid thing, but not so to the fat comment, since we are like pretty fat :).

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
EvilWasabi said:
Gian
Gian
Gian...

Ah, the p\/\/n4g3! :buttrock: