bad for aes cart to be left in home console?

drone9

Marked Wolf
probably a noob question, but I was wondering if it is bad for an aes cart to be left in
the home console for a couple of weeks, instead of being returned to the snap case
(ie. does the cart die faster)?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I don't think that the cart will die any faster (there aren't batteries or anything like that in AES carts that I'm aware of), but you may get some extra oxidation from the metal/metal contact of the cart terminals and the cartridge slot of your AES.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
IMO a cart will last longer situated in the Slot for longer instead of reinserting the cart unessecary, wearing the contacts out etc. If im playing a game I leave it in untill I change the cart the only thing I need to worry about it dust or Scratching the cart which is unlikly as my AES is upon a shelf.

Dont worry too much, just look after your carts and they will look after you.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yeah, I think that you'll probably be ok either way. I'd just make sure to clean them every 6 months to a year, depending on how often they're used. Contact cleaner and a few q-tips is all you need.

Dizrythmia

n00b
Being a huge collector of consoles I leave cartridges in the consoles themselves for sometimes up to a bit after 6 months & have never had any problems with them "sticking". You should be fine.