New Game Updates

These are a couple of screenshots from WIP projects. I WILL apologise for the quality of the grabs - they are grabbed from hardware and for some reason, between the hardware grabber and Corel Photopaint, they are getting distorted heavily - but at least it gives you an idea as to what is going on.

Incorporated some of the points that we brough up on Tommy K earlier on but this is still very much WIP. Manic is the same - these shots are from ROM files from way back and the new builds are about ready for me to look at. Manic is more wall-swing orientated now and that is the key feature of the game - you'll get to see those over the next couple of weeks - there's a wall swing on one of the early level shots from before just to test the logic out.

Early days, but the majority of feedback received is useful when we use such a small team

Jeff F

PS - the blue screen background in Tommy K are just waiting for sprite insertions to add the sub scrolling background

Tommy+K+Aztec+1.jpg

Tommy+K+Sewer+1.jpg

Manic+4.jpg

Manic+1.jpg

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Jeff,

Sorry if this has been asked numerous times. Will there be any homecart releases or are right now you guys just offering MVS releases? Also, is it possible that in the future you guys may have like a playable demo? Where like only 1 level is playable and to save on costs you could make the demo downloadable? I dont know how feasible it would be from a cost standpoint. Anyway, good luck to you on this endeavor. I am definitely interested in new games for the Neo.

Phillip

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
Jeff,

Sorry if this has been asked numerous times. Will there be any homecart releases or are right now you guys just offering MVS releases?

He already said it in the other thread, he will release AES version 6 months after MVS.

Also, is it possible that in the future you guys may have like a playable demo? Where like only 1 level is playable and to save on costs you could make the demo downloadable? I dont know how feasible it would be from a cost standpoint. Anyway, good luck to you on this endeavor. I am definitely interested in new games for the Neo.

Phillip

For Tommy K, search for Amiga CD32 Roms on the Net, you will find one.

For SBP, just buy any Port of it...

bulletnyourass

noble trader
DARK ANDY said:
He already said it in the other thread, he will release AES version 6 months after MVS.

For Tommy K, search for Amiga CD32 Roms on the Net, you will find one.

For SBP, just buy any Port of it...

Dark Andy,

Thanks. I just saw the other thread. As far as the demos, I was referring to future releases. I know SBP is on other platforms. I didn't know Tommy K was though.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
Dark Andy,

Thanks. I just saw the other thread. As far as the demos, I was referring to future releases. I know SBP is on other platforms. I didn't know Tommy K was though.

Tommy K looks like a copy of a CD32 game I have, forgot the name though. I'll look it up...

OK - that sounds like a pretty good idea and something we may be able to get off the ground.

It may be possible to make a downloadable demo of SBP/ Manic/ Tommy etc and I will look into that with the programmers next week - it would run on Rage X and I will speak to Janne and Anders about that - I'll have to look at making it a very small version because of rom sizes at the moment

SBP - closest version is the GBA although the neo version is different

Manic Panic - nothing available yet - will eventually go to handheld and phone

Tommy K - the preview that was done went on pocket PC - but there really is no comparison between the 2 so a demo may be the only way to go on that one - it will end up on pocket PC as the new Tommy K and then to handheld and phone if there is the demand

All of the above will be available for AES port 6 months after MVS release and the price tag will be targetted at $195 max

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Jeff,

One last question. When you finally release the homecart versions of your games. Have you figured out what type of casing you will use? I heard that it is very expensive to produce these and was just wondering if you found a more cost effective alternative for game cases?

Phillip

The same process has just begun as took place for the MVS carts.

A new plastic case shape is being designed now that will be proto'd and then approved - it goes off for tool manufacture from the CAD files - that takes about 2-3 months and then there's a month for shipping.

After that the PCB layout has to be done and redesigned to exactly meet the case specs - they are proto'd, approved and go for production - then there's an extra delay for all of that - programming etc etc etc

Everything has to be re-designed to ensure copyright infringement does not take place - the unit has to be functional - long-wearing but not reflect any of SNK's designs.

The full plastic tool process is essential to ensure production durability - the cost has to be eaten up. Hence I am running on 100 units minimum - that gives a reasonable loss on game #1 - but game 2/3 should be the break even point for AES - by which time, the newer games on the drawing board right now should be around about the 6 months stage, and there will be some very attractive products further down the road. There is a lot of interest in cocktail software and retro at the moment for the neo and there will be some developments down that road with pixel plotting for neo - real time - oh and a gun game with light guns ;-)

Jeff F

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I like the way both titles look, but I am primarily interested in the side-scroller. I will certainly support your efforts if they come to AES, Jeff.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Good job, guys. The screens look considerably better than the last set and Manic Panic looks like it could provide the obvious quick thrill. :cool:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
So, other than porting games, what else you got?

You'll have to wait and see - quick point though - Manic, Tommy and Neo aren't what I would call ports in the sense you are referring too (presuming from your other post about originality - they are all owned by Vektorlogic - the consumer titles are higher earning hence they come out first for the customer that demanded them - TK is nothing like the Pocket PC version at all.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
BlindDrunk said:
Is It Rick Dangerous?

It actually doesn't look much like Rick Dangerous, but definetly looks like Amiga/Atari ST era game. A bit like navy seals maybe?

NavySeals-CPCplus-1.gif

Just a question - what will the graphical difference between the different versions be? are there any differences graphics-wise?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
It was akin to Deep Core, but that's not the game I'm thinking of. It was definitely a CD32 game...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The games are already looking better and better. Best of luck, SNK didn't make Garou over night... growing pains are to be expected, and I wish your team the best of luck.

-Nick

amdg

n00b
Jeff Is A Thief

JEFF IS A THIEF

I PAID FOR OVER $2000.00 IN PCB'S AND NEVER GOT THEM, OVER 4 MONTHS AGO I HAVE MADE MANY E-MAIL TO JEFF AND CALL HIM WITH NO RESPONSE. I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI, THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE MATTER.

IF ANYONE HOW WOULD LIKE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI WEB LINK BELOW
https://www.ifccfbi.gov/update/

DON’T BUY FROM THIS GUY

SORRY JEFF
FRED THORNBURY
AMDG AMUSEMENTS

IF YOU CALL ME AND SEND MY MONEY BACK I WILL STOP INFORMING PEOPLE OF YOUR CRIMES

VEKTORLOGIC
JEFF FERRIER
(011) 44-164-2675-533 (THIS IS THE NUMBER FROM THE USA) OFFICE OR HOME
(011) 44-1325-488466 (FAX)
(011) 44-7957-256382 (OTHER NUMBER)

ADDRESS:
UNIT 4 NESTFIELD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
ALBERT HILL, DARLINGTON COUNTY DURHAM
DL12NW

NOW I AM NOT PROMOTING ANYONE GO TO HIS HOME AND KICK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM AND GET THERE MONEY BACK BUT IF YOU DO GRAB 2000.00 AND PAYPAL IT TO ME AT AMDG@ARCADESHOWROOM.COM. YOU CAN EVEN TAKE A 10% FINDERS FEE FOR YOUR EFFORTS

THANK YOU

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Feedback

Well I bought the MVS version of super bubble pop from Jeff and it arrived in good time. Some feedback I have though, would be to make the cases openable without damaging the title sticker. The sticker on the MVS cart is nice, but the 2 screws for the bottom of the cart are underneath it. The only reason I request this is to allow the switching of cases easily to keep the original cases scuff free and clean (very nice casings by the way). I'm not even sure if your pcbs will fit properly in an original MVS case, but this would be a nice option in my opinion. I really think Jeff's future offerings have good potential from my impressions of the first title.

Thanks Jeff!

aria

Former Moderator
Wow, nearly all your posts are the same all-cap rant (Post list).

amdg said:
JEFF IS A THIEF

I PAID FOR OVER $2000.00 IN PCB'S AND NEVER GOT THEM, OVER 4 MONTHS AGO I HAVE MADE MANY E-MAIL TO JEFF AND CALL HIM WITH NO RESPONSE. I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI, THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE MATTER.

IF ANYONE HOW WOULD LIKE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI WEB LINK BELOW
https://www.ifccfbi.gov/update/

DON’T BUY FROM THIS GUY

SORRY JEFF
FRED THORNBURY
AMDG AMUSEMENTS

IF YOU CALL ME AND SEND MY MONEY BACK I WILL STOP INFORMING PEOPLE OF YOUR CRIMES

VEKTORLOGIC
JEFF FERRIER
(011) 44-164-2675-533 (THIS IS THE NUMBER FROM THE USA) OFFICE OR HOME
(011) 44-1325-488466 (FAX)
(011) 44-7957-256382 (OTHER NUMBER)

ADDRESS:
UNIT 4 NESTFIELD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
ALBERT HILL, DARLINGTON COUNTY DURHAM
DL12NW

NOW I AM NOT PROMOTING ANYONE GO TO HIS HOME AND KICK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM AND GET THERE MONEY BACK BUT IF YOU DO GRAB 2000.00 AND PAYPAL IT TO ME AT AMDG@ARCADESHOWROOM.COM. YOU CAN EVEN TAKE A 10% FINDERS FEE FOR YOUR EFFORTS

THANK YOU

This is a website of a lot of skeptics, so I'm going to speak on behalf of everyone:

"Proof?"

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Jeff,

I know you stated that you were working on a Hyper64 game. Any details you can give us? Fighter? Shooter? Puzzle? I would love to see what kind of puzzle games the Hyper64 hardware could utilize.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
T_Smallz said:
Well I bought the MVS version of super bubble pop from Jeff and it arrived in good time. Some feedback I have though, would be to make the cases openable without damaging the title sticker. The sticker on the MVS cart is nice, but the 2 screws for the bottom of the cart are underneath it. The only reason I request this is to allow the switching of cases easily to keep the original cases scuff free and clean (very nice casings by the way). I'm not even sure if your pcbs will fit properly in an original MVS case, but this would be a nice option in my opinion. I really think Jeff's future offerings have good potential from my impressions of the first title.

Thanks Jeff!

Any comments on the game itself?
Thanks for the update, though!

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Grinwing said:
Jeff,

I know you stated that you were working on a Hyper64 game. Any details you can give us? Fighter? Shooter? Puzzle? I would love to see what kind of puzzle games the Hyper64 hardware could utilize.

In a flyer I got when I bought some games it was bubble pop also for the hyper but the graphics were 2x as good as the mvs version but who knows if those are screenshots from a ps2 game or somthing