Final Home Cart Insert -- SS Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I guess it's not that huge of a deal, but I'm kinda interested to see how the Sam Sho V Special will turn out. It kinda marks the end of an era for me .... :crying:

Anyway, according to the Neo Store, it should be up this weekend.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I really hope they don't fuck it up, especially after the whole Classic insert debacle at the neo store. They should just end it all with tradition and use the euro template that SNK always used.
The artwork for the MVS rev looked quite good so I have hope for the home cart.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I really hope this cart turns out spectacular. It is the end of an era after all. :(

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I thought the Sam SHo V insert was quite nice... if it is even slightly improved, it will be tops with me.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
winter said:
I really hope this cart turns out spectacular. It is the end of an era after all. :(

It may be the end of an era, but the legacy lives on. Some of the finest arcade fighting, platform, and shooting games ever to come out. The library is big enough that any one can easily play for a lifetime and enjoy the games.

The fact is that it looked very much like SNK would permanently close back in 99/2000, but very fortunately for us it was resurrected and games continued to come out for another 4+ years. I consider that we were very lucky to have that last run of games, some of which are very good to excellent. When this "era" ends, yes it will be sad, but the library of games that came out are fantastic in total and the system has a lifetime of gameplay in it, IMO. :)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
leepantalone said:
I thought the Sam SHo V insert was quite nice... if it is even slightly improved, it will be tops with me.

I liked it too .... lots of people preferred the JPN insert, but I much preferred the English. It was a little busy, but I like that kinda thing. In fact, Metal Slug 3 US has one of my favorite inserts.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
chimpmeister said:
It may be the end of an era, but the legacy lives on. Some of the finest arcade fighting, platform, and shooting games ever to come out. The library is big enough that any one can easily play for a lifetime and enjoy the games.

The fact is that it looked very much like SNK would permanently close back in 99/2000, but very fortunately for us it was resurrected and games continued to come out for another 4+ years. I consider that we were very lucky to have that last run of games, some of which are very good to excellent. When this "era" ends, yes it will be sad, but the library of games that came out are fantastic in total and the system has a lifetime of gameplay in it, IMO. :)

Amen reverend!

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
insert-mid.jpg

So what do you all think??

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Nevermind, all the discusion is in the other thread :p

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
My thread is better - the discussion should continue here :angry:

Anyway, I think the insert design is excellent. My favorite insert over the past three years. Glad that this one is coming out right around my birthday :D.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
galfordo said:
My thread is better - the discussion should continue here :angry:

Anyway, I think the insert design is excellent. My favorite insert over the past three years. Glad that this one is coming out right around my birthday :D.

stop spamming.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I like galfordo's thread...tis better...:tickled:

Uhm...I like the insert but...not the cover as much. The spine and back of it are awesome but the cover is ok none the less. I love the boarders!!! :buttrock: Anyways Ill be getting this home cart in english...so thats that. Dont know when though...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.