Consolisers

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
I'm in need of some new consolisation work done. I have both 6 and 4-slot MVS boards. I'd prolly want the 6-slot consolised as 4 slots is too little for me.
Simple job really. I'm in the UK and so will NOT require the use of a JROK. Who do you think is the best person for the service? I want to send all of my parts to someone and pay them go to work on it all. I have seen work from is it Shin Danny? in the past, but don't know if I'd be satisfied with it for myself. I cannot use Supergoose who would be my preferred person as he is kinda busy with other stuff, including mine at the moment. I am aware of Kenny Boy, but he is in the USA and so I fear huge shipping costs. I don't know of anyone else who does consolisation, so would be greatful for names of those who could help.

As usual all help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
J0e Musashi said:
I'd prolly want the 6-slot consolised as 4 slots is too little for me.

Internal PSU (I'm none to fond of Jameco's)

A 6-slot draws a lot more current than other boards, 5A if I'm not mistaken. So you'd need at least a 6A PSU (but I'd go with at least 8A to prevent possible problems). The point is that such PSUs aren't small enough to be fitted under the MVS cover. And if you ask me, the idea of internal PSUs is quite unhappy. Stick with external destop PSUs.

iceman1981

n00b
Hi MKL,

I have solved the green screen problem by hooking my AES up with my VCR. I also think that flat tv`s are not good for the Neo. Anyway now i can enjoy my AES. In the future i will buy another suitable TV.

I want to thank you again for doing the mods!!! ;)

S.U.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
iceman1981 said:
Hi MKL,

I have solved the green screen problem by hooking my AES up with my VCR. I also think that flat tv`s are not good for the Neo. Anyway now i can enjoy my AES. In the future i will buy another suitable TV.

I want to thank you again for doing the mods!!! ;)

S.U.

Glad to hear the problem is now sorted out :cool:

Yes, always stick to CRT TVs for stuff like the Neo Geo.