Atomiswave ports to Dreamcast Petition

Vernon

"Stumpy"
it's difficult that a thing of the kind happens, but whether not to try??

I've voted ;)

Grandmaster-C

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
I've signed it, too.

Would be to great if Atomiswave Ports makes their way to the Dreamcast :buttrock:

snkfever

Cheng's Errand Boy
new dreamcast portz would be nice but everyone would just bootleg the games so it would be the same as on the AES.. games being for download the day they come out.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
snkfever said:
new dreamcast portz would be nice but everyone would just bootleg the games so it would be the same as on the AES.. games being for download the day they come out.

Exactly.

I guess people here actually LIKE piracy.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Everyone know that the Atomiswave from Sammy is a Dreamcast-based system....
Due this, the game conversion from Atomiswave to Dreamcast is very simple and I'm doing this petition to sensitize Sammy to make a convertion from their games to DREAMCAST....

lol...who the fuck wrote this? I hate to rag on this, but if you want to make it at least presentable it would behove you to make sure the grammar is up to par.

How about:

Everyone knows that the Atomiswave hardware from Sammy is a Sega Dreamcast technology based system....

Due to this, the game conversions from Atomiswave to Dreamcast are very simple and easier to do than porting to other video game consoles. I have started this petition to urge Sammy to make conversions of their Atomiswave games to the DREAMCAST....

But, in the end, 99.9% of these internet petitions go nowhere.

Good luck though...you are gonna need it.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
snkfever said:

That's why they won't do it. And as an Atomiswave owner, why I didn't vote.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
God damnit people just buy a PS2.
Seriously. I feel silly just reading the thread...just shows how starved for news we are right now. I love my DC as much as anyone, but come on. I guess it's better than asking for an AES port of AW games, which I actually heard someone do, but only just.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
God damnit people just buy a PS2.
Agreed, PS2 is a great platform for ports of the Atomiswave games and you still get all those other great SEGA games as well like Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution! I picked mine up last year and it was indeed a good purchase. :)

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Yeah it had crappy grammar, but it gets the point across. If piracy is possible due to the games being made for dreamcast then I don't support it, otherwise I will buy a dreamcast if not.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Yes, an Xbox would also work just fine, and it's not unlikely seeing how Guilty Gear Reload is coming to the Box.

Do you think Sammy cares about how easy or difficult it is to port their games over to the PS2? Give me a break.

I'm sick of people trying to get games released on the oldest console possible. :oh_no:

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
broken said:
lol...who the fuck wrote this? I hate to rag on this, but if you want to make it at least presentable it would behove you to make sure the grammar is up to par.

How about:

Everyone knows that the Atomiswave hardware from Sammy is a Sega Dreamcast technology based system....

Due to this, the game conversions from Atomiswave to Dreamcast are very simple and easier to do than porting to other video game consoles. I have started this petition to urge Sammy to make conversions of their Atomiswave games to the DREAMCAST....

But, in the end, 99.9% of these internet petitions go nowhere.

Good luck though...you are gonna need it.

your correction seems a bit suspect to me. Grammatically correct or not "to urge Sammy to make conversions of their Atomiswave games to the DREAMCAST..." sounds off, and "Everyone knows that the Atomiswave hardware from Sammy"

not sure if this is correct use of the english language my friend (maybe it is). We could all nitpick for all eternity, but correcting one's english on the internet is quite irrelevant. Its kind of irritating and a bit demeaning.

BloodLust

World Soccer '96
game petitions= useless, its best just to move on with a thing like this. still got love for the dc and all, but not many new things are coming(homebrew stuff is somtimes good...)

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
BloodLust said:
game petitions= useless, its best just to move on with a thing like this. still got love for the dc and all, but not many new things are coming(homebrew stuff is somtimes good...)

you never know though - and they can be fun, and very easy to take part in. Its also important, if enough noise is made, that games companies get to atleast hear what part of the gaming demographic wants - even if they turn a deaf ear to it - its there, like it or lump it.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
806 signatures so far. not a bad start. Piracy is an issue though - but companies have successfully sold suprising ammounts of games for the DC even after its supposed death.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yea some of you are rocket scientists. There is absolutely NO PIRATING OF PS2 AND XBOX WHATSOEVER. Modded XBox? what are you talking about?.

snkfever

Cheng's Errand Boy
NeoFight said:
Yea some of you are rocket scientists. There is absolutely NO PIRATING OF PS2 AND XBOX WHATSOEVER. Modded XBox? what are you talking about?.

unmodded DC can play bootlegs
only modded xbox and ps2 can play bootlegs, not everyone has modded xbox because of xb live

and there is also the story of dc market being smaller so piracy will hurt more than on the xbox/ps2.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
your correction seems a bit suspect to me. Grammatically correct or not "to urge Sammy to make conversions of their Atomiswave games to the DREAMCAST..." sounds off, and "Everyone knows that the Atomiswave hardware from Sammy"

not sure if this is correct use of the english language my friend (maybe it is). We could all nitpick for all eternity, but correcting one's english on the internet is quite irrelevant. Its kind of irritating and a bit demeaning.

My rewrite of the original petition text was just that. Its clearer and makes more sense but doesn't state any additional facts.

The text of the petition suffers from 2 problems (in my eyes):

1. Odd grammar. In the business world this is very important and since they are trying to target a business (Sammy), it would make sense to try and use the best possible grammar.

2. Not enough facts. 3 sentences isn't enough IMHO to convey what their message is. They need to stress to Sammy why they feel it would be in the companies best interest to convert their games to the Dreamcast, how they would benefit and other such tidbits. As it is, they might as well be asking Sammy to port the stuff to the Colecovision.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
snkfever said:

I thought people could download anything within 24 hours of its commercial release.

Recent DC games have sold suprisingly well, considering the machine has been dead for over 2 years. All the games released are available on other systems as well (Shikigami no Shiro II, Puyo Pop Fever, etc), so I don't think potential piracy would be an issue really.