South Fla - Gameaggedon zero: Arcade Renaissance 1st Production

Calm Warrior

Kuroko's Training Dummy
ARCADE RENAISSANCE 1ST Production

Okay everyone it’s me Calm Warrior and I am now doing my Big Tournaments once a year and my smaller ones every three months with the exceptions to other florida tournaments. Don’t want to clash with anyone or anything like that.

GAMEAGEDDON ZERO- ‘The Best of Both Worlds’ SNK & CAPCOM

This tournament will be held at BCC north campus on September 4 & 5 2004 (Labor Day Weekend). The tournament location will be the same as the last two (Game Flex 3 & 4 that is)
1000 Coconut Creek Blvd., Coconut Creek, Florida 33066
This is just to tell about the tournament rules and pot give out all the other information will be coming later. Other info- (meaning trophies(since these are going to be big events I should get trophies), giveaways, hotel accommodations & deals and more)

Tournament Day there will be two types of games played.
One or more classic Games
(This will be based of my description of a classic game)
And the rest will be tournament Games.

The pot for the classic games will be none. There will be only one and that person gets the ENTIRE POT. The entry for these tournaments will always be $5 dollars and I don’t plan to change them anytime in the future.

The Tournament Games pot will be split 70% to the winner, 20% to the second place winner, and 10% to the third place winner.

The elimination process is as follows:

All matches will be best two out of there (except for losers bracket on team games like MvC2 and CVS2 one match only) up until the semifinals to decide who fights the person who as not lost any matches. Then it will be best 3/5 matches. This and all my tournaments will be double elimination.

The Tournament Games and Times are as follows:

Day 1 is CAPCOM Day 2 is SNK

Doors will open @ 11am and registration will end at 12:45 p.m. Tournament will start @ 1:30 p.m.

Anyone who has to pre-register after 12:45 will be charged a flat fee of $5.00.

Door Fee- $10.00
Classic Tournaments $5.00 (please keep in mind the winner gets entire pot)

Tournament Games $10.00

Games:

Classic Game: (only one right, more may be announced)

Rival Schools: Project Justice (1:45)

Tournament Games:

CVS 2 (3:00 pm)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (5:00 pm)

MVC2 (6:30 pm)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (8:30 pm)

Virtual Fighter 4 Evolution (2:00 pm)

Tekken 4 (4:00 pm)

*- all capcom games will be played on dreamcast and 3d games will be played on PS2

** Extra Prize- Anyone that wins two tournaments will get an Extra $50 dollars. This only applies to the tournament games. There is possible extra $150 for someone to win if there that good.

Rules:

A: Rival Schools:
1. No Evil Characters
2. Hidden Characters are allowed (ex. Roy, P. Akira)

B: CvS2:
1. No game breaking glitches
2. Roll canceling is allowed
3. You must play characters in the order there picked.

C: Street Fighter Alpha 3
1. Arcade Rules
2. Infinite and everything else allowed. (Under arcade rules of course)

D: MvC2:
1. No game breaking glitches
2. Gambit glitch although funny is not allowed.

E: Street Fighter 3 – Third Strike
1. No known glitches allowed
2. Yeah that’s it.

D/F: Tekken 4/ Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
1. No rules
2. **- note Virtua Fighter rounds will be set to 3/5 but matches will still be
2/3.

Day 2: SNK Day

All info for this day is to be announced but, I do have this much to say about the games that are going to be there:

1. Garou: Mark of the Wolves
2. KOF- One of them I just have not decided yet on which one. (suggestions?)
3. Guitly Gear XX
4. SvC- Chaos
5. Soul Caliber 2
6. Dead Or Alive 3
7. Halo & Halo Teams. (No one who played snk games played halo. No hold up.)

Classic game for Snk day will be.

Samurai Showdown 2 Or Last Blade 2. Still deciding but, honestly i am leading towards Samurai Showdown 2.

There will definitely be games there to be played casually. I did not do it in gameflex based of my co-workers opinion but both our opinions have changed towards that just mine has changed a bit differently. I did not consider that people just came out to play and have fun with there friends and meet people and I was wrong for that. There will definitely be casual games set up.

Moderators- Please sticky this thread for me please. :lol:

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
MODS PLEASE STICKY THIS!

Also, there has been an update on the games that will be played on both days. SRK seems to be getting the most updates because they seem to be more interested.

:shame: Shame on you, NG.com competitive players, for not supporting what's trying to support you. :P

(if you take the above line seriously, you might be a tight-ass)

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
SRK is full of competitive players, NG.com has just a few, how come you think none of these tourney threads do any good here, I know that there's a lot of FL members here, I've talked to plenty of them(20+).

BTW, I'm a tight-ass...

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
Stop making innuendos about your ass.

The GF2 thread did very well here, if I remember. GF3 did alright, too.

Silly NG.com and it's lack of competitive players. :(

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hell I would love to game in a tourney but the drive is too long for me. That's why I personally didn't come to the other tournaments. If they would have been closer I would have been there, but if you really have Samurai Shodown 2 in the tourney I would be willing to muster up the gas money and whip some ass.

Calm Warrior

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Day 2 SNK day

Day 2: SNK World

** -- There will be no Halo on this day due to the Fact that a Separate Halo tournament is in the works as we speak. (Heads up- Rainbow Six 3 may also be played on that day)

** For Cabinet Games Only -- Cabinet character switching rules will apply. Winner keeps character loser changes all.

Classic Games:
Samurai Showdown 2: MVS Arcade Board (1:00)
1. Super Desperation moves allowed (ex. Hanzo invisibility)

Samurai Showdown 4 MVS Arcade Board (2:00)
2. No bosses

Tournament Games:

Samurai Showdown 5: (AES & MVS) (3:00)
1. Not aware of any glitches

King of the Fighters 2003: MVS (4:30 – 5:00)
1. No combo glitches (ex. Dulong infinite)
2. No game breaking glitches allowed.

SNK vs. CAPCOM: Chaos (MVS) (7:00)
1. No hidden characters allowed.
2. No chun li jumping B allowed either………J/K

Garou: Mark of the Wolves (MVS) (8:30 – Whenever)
1. No boss characters allowed

Mortal Kombat: Trilogy (PS2) (1:30 – 3:00)
1. Aggressor off
2. Boss Characters, Noob Saibot & Rain are not allowed
3. Shang Tsung can only morph into the character he’s playing
4. Best 3/5 for semi and 4/7 for finals
5. All matches will be 1 vs. 1 (no exceptions)

Soul Caliber 2: (XBOX) (2:00- whenever) only game on xbox.
1. No Console characters are allowed. (sophitia, seung mina, Spawn and so on)
2. Charade is Banned
3. Astaroth slide Glitch is banned (both of them)
4. Neutral guard on, rounds will be 3/5, Life 100%, & 50 secs.

Guilty Gear XX: (PS2) (3:15)
1. No ex or gold characters (robo-Ky also not allowed)
2. Everything is good to go

Virtual Fighter 4 Evolution: (5:00)
1. Rounds 3/5, Random Stage select
2. Rounds set to 45 sec

Bring Your own controllers for both days for the Console games. If you are not ready to play when we call your name we will give you one minute to find somebody who will let you borrow his/her equipment. I will have controllers there that we will rent to you BUT FOR NO REAL COST. I will take your license and if you don’t have one I will take the price of the controller retail and then return the money to you when you leave. Don’t force me to forfeit your match because of that, thanks.
:lol: :lol: :mr_t:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Calm Warrior said:
Samurai Showdown 5: (AES & MVS) (3:00)
1. Not aware of any glitches
I forgot the characters name, but the new guy with 7 swords has an infinte, yu may need to ban that and The old guy who fly's, has a trick where you can never touch him, all he does it hit you once, then keeps flying all over the place.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Master Giby said:
SRK is full of competitive players, NG.com has just a few, how come you think none of these tourney threads do any good here, I know that there's a lot of FL members here, I've talked to plenty of them(20+).

BTW, I'm a tight-ass...

Yeah, 20+ with half of them over 3 hours or more from Ft. Lauderdale and Pompano.

Thats a long ass drive.

Calm Warrior

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Florida People

You will go to the E3 and evo. But won't go local but that does not compute. I got people from SC and NC that have all ready registered so i don't see why you guys won't come. SNK will never be respected in the FL if we don't respect our selfs............................ take it easy.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Just bumping this one in hopes that more people will interested...

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I still cant go, as I am even more carless and moneyless than before.

Calm Warrior

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Tournament Officially Postponed.

I spoke with the school officials today and the president closed the school for the next two days. The school won't be opened until monday. I will be trying to get either the 11 or 12 or maybe the following week. This hurricane really misses up things. Talk to you guys soon.

If you want call my house. 352-394-5254 no calls after 10 please. Babies sleeping.

But i am working hard on getting the tournament on in the month of september.

also everyone who has already pre-registered i got it. stop doing it twice. The reason why i don't post is because the short period of time i have on pc are spent re-reading registrations. Everyone who pre-register will not have to wait in that long as line that we had last time so just do me that favor thanks. But i am going to need your real name.
please always send your registration info to my email address

gameageddon@hotmail.com

Take it east.

Just got more hats, posters, leaf lets for the founder of another site. Hotness going to be giving to the winners of tournaments trust mi. I got y'all

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Yeah ...Hurricane is gonna turn this shin dig into soup .....too bad..... BCC is only 5 minutes from my location .

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Hey Calm ...what part of fort lauderdale are you from ?

Calm Warrior

Kuroko's Training Dummy
New Tournament Date

Retrogamer said:
Hey Calm ...what part of fort lauderdale are you from ?

September 18 & 19. I have put in the paper work i will give you a confirmation within the week.

I used to live in Tamarac. But i have lived all over fort. lauderdale.

lauderhill, sunrise, lakes. But i was all over the place.

Why, whattup.

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
Too bad noone from N-G.com will come besides like, one person, because it isn't a Neogeo meet.

Where are the goddamned gamers?!

Calm Warrior

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Tournament is On

Calm Warrior said:
September 18 & 19. I have put in the paper work i will give you a confirmation within the week.

I used to live in Tamarac. But i have lived all over fort. lauderdale.

lauderhill, sunrise, lakes. But i was all over the place.

Why, whattup.

Tournament is on for this weekend.
9-18 & 9-19

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
This tournament is on and popping ya'll need to get out here and check out the competition. :buttrock:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Alex0916 said:
This tournament is on and popping ya'll need to get out here and check out the competition. :buttrock:

Im in Tampa eating pizza and playing zelda.

My Party > Yours.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
Reporting Live from the Event

It is crazy down here nothing but ass busting, nut crunching, jaw breaking, stylish combos. Competitors are hanging their heads low for sympathy. I guess thats the nature of gaming. Hope ya'll N-G.com gamers come out tomorrow because it will be SNK all day on a Sunday (Hey that rhymes). This is Alex signing off with the Gameageddon news update. See ya'll gamers tommorrow. :buttrock:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I wish I had the cash to go to FL, I'd love to play you guys in MOTW and 3rd Strike. Will there be vids this time around? Please say "yes."

Last edited: