Trouble with controls in a MGCD unit (DC in a cab)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I have a friend that has an old JAMMA cab and has just bought a MGCD unit for using his Dreamcast on it. However he's told me that the controls don't work in most of the games he has tried. Since I am abroad I can't check it on myself, and his knowledge about this stuff is minimal.
So is there any hint? Thanks.

EDIT:

I just found this: http://hehehe.org/

Getting the damned thing to work: It doesn't seem to be plug-n-play. If you are not familiar with the JAMMA standard or wiring diagrams you may have the same problem I did. The MGCD board diagram has pins 27/28 reserved for dreamcast buttons 6 and 7. On the other hand, the JAMMA pinout specifically uses these for grounds... possibly the coin mech and button grounds on your machine. This means that unless you modify your harness you will probably be unable to get your coin mech or your buttons to work. The easiest work around is to cut wires 27/28 from the harness, ground the buttons and coin mech somewhere else and wire buttons 6/7 if need be (otherwise just tape them off).

Looks like the trouble could be here, I think the designer of the MGCD needs to be killed :angry: ... How could he put buttons on the ground spots of the JAMMA harness? :oh_no: Definately that's not gonna have an easy solution, secially if I'm not there :crying:

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
like most stuff like this, your just better off doing it yourself.....