Neo Geo 1 Slot MV-1A Games Compatability

Hello,

I was thinking about getting a Neo Geo 1 Slot MV-1A. I was reading somewhere that certain games might have issues with certain versions of the MVS boards. Anyone knows if the Neo Geo 1 Slot MV-1A has such issues with some games (perhaps the newer ones)?

THanks!

COnrad

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Ok,

I have a MV-1 and I had problems playing the following games:

Rage of the Dragons (even w/ the fix)

Metal Slug 5

Samurai Showdown V

This lead me to get a MV-4F, now I don't have any problems. I hope this helps?

Well MV-1A is a different board... I guess I should go for the newer MV-1C ?
Anyone can confirm compatability problems with MV-1A?

Thanks

Conrad

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Well MV-1A is a different board... I guess I should go for the newer MV-1C ?
Anyone can confirm compatability problems with MV-1A?

Thanks

Conrad

That board is good with all games, although it only has mono sound and no memory card support. Alot of guys are making custom consolized consoles out of them. I don't think it supports the Uni-bios either? I could be wrong though?
Why don't you just buy a 2 slot, it supports all the games + Uni-bios and has a built in memory card reader and it outputs stereo. Somthing to think about. Laters... :smirk:

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
Could a BIOS fix the problem

I have to check, but i have a spare Neo board (I think it's a MV-1A... has mono-stereo switch) which constant resets ROTD MVS cart. Would a BIOS fix the problem? I put a new BIOS (Maybe a year ago) in the system so the player 2 could play & get credit.

SeaWolf69 said:
That board is good with all games, although it only has mono sound and no memory card support. Alot of guys are making custom consolized consoles out of them. I don't think it supports the Uni-bios either? I could be wrong though?
Why don't you just buy a 2 slot, it supports all the games + Uni-bios and has a built in memory card reader and it outputs stereo. Somthing to think about. Laters... :smirk: