New SNKPlaymore Games

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
Not that I necessarily care (as I do not own an Xbox or a PS2, those who are curious can look in my profile for the systems I do own), but did anyone watch the SNK Playmore E3 video?

Maybe it is just me but KOF 2002, SVC Chaos, KOF 2003, and Samurai Shodown 5 (with the exclusion of Special) looked like the sprites were smaller and the backgrounds were muted.

I am pretty positive, from the short glance that I saw, that SS5: Special, MS4, and MS5 were taken from the arcade, not the Xbox or PS2.

Anybody else have any impressions? Can you confirm or deni this?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
The title of your thread is very misleading. I actually thought you were
talking about new fresh games :annoyed:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
winter said:
I am pretty positive, from the short glance that I saw, that SS5: Special, MS4, and MS5 were taken from the arcade, not the Xbox or PS2.

I'm not sure what you were looking at, but since there is no port of Special yet for any system, chances are good what you saw was from the arcade.

I also was misled by the topic title...not sure what your point is here.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
SouthtownKid said:
I also was misled by the topic title...not sure what your point is here.

No wonder she is a freelance writer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :tickled:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
winter said:
Not that I necessarily care (as I do not own an Xbox or a PS2, those who are curious can look in my profile for the systems I do own), but did anyone watch the SNK Playmore E3 video?

Maybe it is just me but KOF 2002, SVC Chaos, KOF 2003, and Samurai Shodown 5 (with the exclusion of Special) looked like the sprites were smaller and the backgrounds were muted.

sorry to be rude but what exactly are you on about?

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
beelzebubble said:
sorry to be rude but what exactly are you on about?

My best guess is that this is some kind of complaint about the new ports being inferior. Am I right?

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
winter said:

I really don't know what you're talking about, unless you're referring to some movies that someone filmed with a camera off of a monitor/arcade screen. If someone filmed a "shaky cam" video, then of course it's going to look ugly and washed out, especially if there was some glare on the screen.

I played SNK's E3 lineup at the show and every single port looked just like the Neo originals (with the exception of Metal Slug GBA, which ran really slow, but supposedly it was only 30% done). It doesn't seem like there is any cause to worry about the ports looking worse than the Neo originals, if that's what you're referring to.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
winter said:

it's just you

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
EX_Andy said:
I really don't know what you're talking about, unless you're referring to some movies that someone filmed with a camera off of a monitor/arcade screen.

I assume the first post is talking about the video in SNK Neo-Geo USA´s site, that shows all the games that were at E3.

I think the guys at Insert Credit mentioned that SS5, SS5S, MS4 and MS5 were the arcade versions.

KOF 2003, MS3 and KOF 2002, on the other hand, were the ports (you can see the high-res text, bars, 3D BGs and the like).

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
Titles are misleading; One must be ever cautious

Usually, when I am posting on the message board, I am in a hurry. I do not think even my "fly-by" grammar contains the general typographical errors of the average poster on these forums, but please, nit-pick, that is, of course, what you do.

I was refering to the http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com E3 video. From my perspective, several of the games seemed a little "off" from the home cart and arcade versions.

My intention, though obviously misdirected, was to receive feedback on what others thought of the new games. I.E. The direction SNK Playmore was headed.

I personally do not play ports. I have KOF Evolution for my Dreamcast and that is all. However, I found the topic to be interesting.

Would any one person who finds my topic the least bit fascinating care to comment in a thoughtful and entertaining manor? (I believe one person already has, thank you)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
winter said:
Usually, when I am posting on the message board, I am in a hurry. I do not think even my "fly-by" grammar contains the general typographical errors of the average poster on these forums, but please, nit-pick, that is, of course, what you do.
I don't think anyone's attacking you...we just came here thinking we were going to hear about new games, not stuff we've been talking about for months already. But it's not like there's really been anything happening in the news section for days, so no big deal.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
winter said:

I was refering to the http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com E3 video. From my perspective, several of the games seemed a little "off" from the home cart and arcade versions.

My intention, though obviously misdirected, was to receive feedback on what others thought of the new games. I.E. The direction SNK Playmore was headed.

I personally do not play ports. I have KOF Evolution for my Dreamcast and that is all. However, I found the topic to be interesting.

Would any one person who finds my topic the least bit fascinating care to comment in a thoughtful and entertaining manor? (I believe one person already has, thank you)

how is this new and rumors? im not attacking you but the heading is misleading, the post hard to understand and it seems to be in the wrong section...

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
winter, I still don't know exactly what kind of response you're fishing for in the first place. You say things look "a little off", I don't know what the fuck you mean by that. No offense. We all thought (for a split second) this was a new original game, we quickly realized this was a noob-esque post, no offense once again. But I still don't know what type of conversation you're trying to start up. Things look a little off?? Do you mean the video quality was shitty, because I thought the video quality was shitty, but I've seen plenty of good footage of those games to know that it was just the poor quality of the video/medium. I don't mean to offend, seriously.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I have had just about all of this place that I can take. I am going to take my business and my resources to http://www.neogeocd.net. At least there, people appreciate my responses and my presence.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I myself am pretty pumped for the new titles coming out. We got:

Metal Slug 4&5 (PS2 and X-Box)
Samurai Showdown 5 (PS2 maybe X-Box)
KOF 2002 & 2003 (PS2 and X-Box)
The new 3-d KOF (PS2)
SNK vs. Capcom Chaos (X-Box and LIVE supported :tickled: )

and many more on the way. So I think it's really awesome that SNK is finally getting back into the console buisiness. After Metal Slug X for the PS1 :angry: and Mark of the Wolves :glee:, I didn't know what was going to happen. So indeed, it's good to see them again and I hope they keep this trend going.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
winter said:
I have had just about all of this place that I can take. I am going to take my business and my resources to http://www.neogeocd.net. At least there, people appreciate my responses and my presence.

neogeo.com is a harsh mistress. she wont pine for you after youre gone....